Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

THE SIMPLE TERM IS: HYPOCRITE.

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by rocky3, May 27, 2013.

1. rocky3

rocky3 oregon coast Active Member

This an excerpt from Glenn Greenwald's column in todays common dreams:
    "The highly touted speech Obama delivered last week on US terrorism policy was a master class in that technique. If one longed to hear that the end of the "war on terror" is imminent, there are several good passages that will be quite satisfactory. If one wanted to hear that the war will continue indefinitely, perhaps even in expanded form, one could easily have found that. And if one wanted to know that the president who has spent almost five years killing people in multiple countries around the world feels personal "anguish" and moral conflict as he does it, because these issues are so very complicated, this speech will be like a gourmet meal."
    Obama's Terrorism Speech: Seeing What You Want To See | Common Dreams

2. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

That's what poli's do, talk sheite out both sides of their mouths to get the broadest appeal from the masses. Generally most social issues are handled in a "for and against" fashion, whereas a more libertarian approach (IMHO) would be to handle each case on its own merits.

I.E.
    You are either pro-life or pro-choice; Personally, I am both, yet I am also neither.

I.E.
    "The war on terror"; Personally, we should "do what needs doing" and get it done fast and efficiently, THAT is humane (for all sides). Not use it to further your party's ideology over the others.

But alas, this world (and country) has it's share of sheity people, and things are what they are.

3. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

If we want to "win" the "war on terror", we need to stop giving those that terrorize a reason to pick on us....that means, we need to get out of other countries business that is none of our concern. Vietnam was an excellent starting example, Iran, Iraq, and Afghanistan are more. And the reason we are there???? Propaganda, lies, and more lies, that is why we were in any of those places that have been a problem in my lifetime.

4. iusmc2002

iusmc2002 Colville, WA Active Member

Holy bubblegum, are you bubbleguming kidding me? "Stop giving them a reason to PICK on us"?! So lets just pull out and wait for them to come here, just like they've done to Britain and France? Sounds like a great plan..... Then, we too, can have laws against cooking bacon in certain places so we don't offend the irhabi

ETA: Cue dman telling me how I'm an industrial-militant machine cog/hack/whatever

5. DMax

DMax Yamhill Well-Known Member

We don't have to wait they are already here. Hell we are inviting them here for food stamps its just not for mexico anymore.

Time to order that case of bacon spray.

6. hermannr

And you don't think GB and France have ever put their political nose where it does not belong?..We inherited Vietnam from the French, and GB was in Afghanistan in the 1800's.

Think of it this way: Ok the Muslims become the predominant religion in the US because of the work of the political powers that be bowing down to the King of Saudi Arabia (and oil) and asking for military support so they can stay in power. Now lets say a coalition of Muslim countries answers this request for military support by our "legitimate" government. OK?

Not a totally unrealistic concept you think? Now we have some culturally intolerant Christians (like the Westboro Baptist Church) start an insurgency against this Muslim takeover of our country. Do you think there might be Americans that would get mad and go to the dominant outside countries and attempt to persuade citizens of those countries they do not need to support Their government in their invasion of our country?

There are several ways to try persuade people, terror is one of them.

I do not care what you may think, the fact is, we stuck our political/military nose in another sovereign counties business where it did not belong, and now we suffer the repercussions.

Secondly, we infringe on our own citizens right to protect themselves (we can no longer carry on a commercial airplane) and a commercial aircraft is hijacked and used as a weapon.

Now, ask yourself why those hijackers were willing to sacrifice their lives on 9/11? If the US had not stuck their politico/military nose where it did not belong, do you think those guys would have wasted their lives on the US?

7. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Isn't one of the biggest reasons that most of the great empires fall was because they went outside their own country to other countries and made them obey their foreign laws, agendas and ideas ? Doesn't the other countries get tired of being made to follow another countries rules and laws and fight back to liberate themselves? Would we as Americans fight back if a another country made camp in our country and made us change our American way? Shouldn't our troops stay within our borders except when at we are at war with a country but then come back to the home land when the fighting ceases?

8. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Most everyone can be called out as being a hypocrite from time to time but those politicians take it to a whole another level. :contract:

9. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Banker wars for profit and to protect the Petro dollar. Just a shame. The 99.9% make trillions and the common man gets bent over.

10. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

The vast majority of today's political root problems can be traced back to "The Empire where the sun never sets"... that being 18th-19th century Great Britain and their brutalizing & pilliaging the resources of other nations. Of course the French, Spanish, Dutch, Belgians, etc. did the same, but not on the same scale as the British Empire.

As for the last paragraph of your post... Yes, yes they would have still "wasted" their lives, because they were true believers in their religion. Islam DEMANDS jihad, and DEMANDS that the whole world be either converted to Islam, or be subjegated under the rule of Islam. Regardless of anyone "minding their own business", islamic jihad on a world scale was inevitable, because the religion DEMANDS it in order to be a "good muslim".

As to Burt's post above... spot on. Wars "feed the rich and bury the poor", and the bankers "laugh all the way to the bank".

I've jumped off the "god & country" patriot hampster-wheel... its over, best get prepared.

11. 2506

2506 Seattle Well-Known Member

I've jumped off the "god & country" patriot hampster-wheel... its over, best get prepared.

Agreed.

12. DMax

DMax Yamhill Well-Known Member

WOW did somebody forget the meds. I don't care what you think either. So all this was started before why doesn't your manchild obammy fix it then because it political voter blocks for the lib party period. You can say all you want about GB or any republicans but either party is not fixing it so keep on with the divide and conquer strategy cause it working really well Bla Bla Bla By the way they are already here Can you say Boston Bomber . I am sure GB had that in mind for whatever he did.

13. Colt Carbine

Colt Carbine Oregon Gears-N-Guns

I hear some bankers have been known to fund both sides of wars....

If the War on Terrorism was over we would longer have a need for the Patriot Act or the Dept. of Homeland Security, both appeared to be permanently embedded and not going away anytime soon.

14. hermannr

You really have no clue do you? GB and OB are two sets of clothing from the same cloth. Did I ever bring them up in what I wrote?

15. Balzak3

Balzak3 Seattle New Member

Yo; Bubba put down the beer, GB, is not Dubya; it's short for England.