JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
my son reminded about this women tonight
I believe this happened maybe 10 years ago at a gun show at the Portland Expo Center
my son and I were walking through the gun show and came upon a both selling shotgun rounds
at the time my son was under 18, but learned about shotgun ammo in video games
so I watched as Dillon talked to the lady about"
dragon'sbreath
bolo rounds
sabot rounds
bird bombs
flechet rounds
and such
the Shotgun Lady was from Utah and her family loaded their own shotgun ammo
she reached under the counter and put each requested load up on the counter
then she said " I can't take the money from you, BUT if your father hands me the money, it's all yours"

we still have some of that 12 ga ammo all these years later, especially the Dragon's breath rounds

my son reminded about this women tonight
I believe this happened maybe 10 years ago at a gun show at the Portland Expo Center
my son and I were walking through the gun show and came upon a both selling shotgun rounds
at the time my son was under 18, but learned about shotgun ammo in video games
so I watched as Dillon talked to the lady about"
dragon'sbreath
bolo rounds
sabot rounds
bird bombs
flechet rounds
and such
the Shotgun Lady was from Utah and her family loaded their own shotgun ammo
she reached under the counter and put each requested load up on the counter
then she said " I can't take the money from you, BUT if your father hands me the money, it's all yours"

we still have some of that 12 ga ammo all these years later, especially the Dragon's breath rounds
these guys have been selling it for yrs

They even have a sampler..........

I don't go in for these gimmicky type of rounds but they do illustrate the versatility of a shotgun.
have you ever lit off a 10' tall slash burn pile with a Drangonsbreath round?

mix up a gallon of gas and diesel fuel, poor it over the wood pile, go back 20 yrds and fire a dragonsbreath round into the pile

I swear it registers as a thermal event on the satellites - flames go up over 40'

I guess only us rednecks on the North Fork consider this fun

mix up a gallon of gas and diesel fuel, poor it over the wood pile, go back 20 yrds and fire a dragonsbreath round into the pile

I swear it registers as a thermal event on the satellites - flames go up over 40'

I guess only us rednecks on the North Fork consider this fun
I've played with better, more capable tools for that purpose, but yeah I get the attraction.

I once started a small brush fire on NFS lands (in December) behind Estacada with a Dragon's Breath round.

We used to buy them, and other rounds, from the Blammo Ammo Company that advertised in the Shotgun News. I miss those days before the Internet.

-E-

I once started a small brush fire on NFS lands (in December) behind Estacada with a Dragon's Breath round.

We used to buy them, and other rounds, from the Blammo Ammo Company that advertised in the Shotgun News. I miss those days before the Internet.

-E-
Ahh Shotgun News, I remember reading it cover to cover several times, always settling on the AR advertisement pages that you could spec out a DPMS Oracle. I always wanted one and probably spent enough money on the magazines reading about them as to actually buy one.

They advertised a 20mm semi-auto anti tank gun that I really wanted. :)
I believe it was a whole $20.00, but $1.00 a round and supporting a hopped up "49 Ford was more than my part time job could afford. :(

Last Edited:

-E-
Yeah, I still have the different 12 ga rounds from Blammo. Dragon breath, flechette, etc. Still haven't shot them yet. Wondering if they are still good after about 20 years.

I once fired a dragonsbreath round down in our Forest after a snow
it had just gotten dark, so the blast lit up the forest all around me in an orange glow reflected off the snow
now the trees were heavy with fresh snow, so the reflection was all around me, including overhead
a beautiful experience

A friend from many years ago owned a cranberry farm north of Ilwaco Wa and had trouble with deer in his bogs. He used what he called "cracker shells" supplied by the game warden to scare the deer off. The warden was tired of him killing the deer. I'm not a shotgun guy, so not familiar with the load.

Ahh Shotgun News, I remember reading it cover to cover several times, always settling on the AR advertisement pages that you could spec out a DPMS Oracle. I always wanted one and probably spent enough money on the magazines reading about them as to actually buy one.
I had a DPMS Panther. Not sure you were missing much.

Yeah, I still have the different 12 ga rounds from Blammo. Dragon breath, flechette, etc. Still haven't shot them yet. Wondering if they are still good after about 20 years.
I have 16ga shotgun rounds from the '60's. They have all gone off just fine.

A friend from many years ago owned a cranberry farm north of Ilwaco Wa and had trouble with deer in his bogs. He used what he called "cracker shells" supplied by the game warden to scare the deer off. The warden was tired of him killing the deer. I'm not a shotgun guy, so not familiar with the load.

Sabot rounds of various kinds are available from the major ammo manufacturers.

I've handloaded flechettes in 28 gauge hulls. I didn't use the proper buffering material or whatever, I later saw a small scratch inside the tube from a steel flechette. Doesn't matter all that much in this gun. The discharged flechettes did their job, went down range and nailed the target.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top