JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not to argue, but if SS and Medicare constitute Ponzis, then so does the entire fractional-reserve banking system.

And to anybody who thinks the private sector is less venal and corrupt than the government, I have two words: Goldman Sachs.

Not to argue, but if SS and Medicare constitute Ponzis, then so does the entire fractional-reserve banking system.

And to anybody who thinks the private sector is less venal and corrupt than the government, I have two words: Goldman Sachs.

No argument on the first point.

And Goldman Sachs is indistinguishable from the Dept of the Treasury.

1. The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775. They have had 236 years to get it right and it is broke.

It has worked well for a long time. The major financial problems it has now are a combination of poor fiscal choices(here again largely due to congress and federal employee benefits) and an inability to change in a world now largely dominated by electronic communications. But Priority Mail is still a cheaper and faster way to send small light items than UPS ground.

2. Social Security was established in 1935. They have had 76 years to get it right and it is broke.

Largely because congress keeps sucking the funds out of it for other projects

4. War on Poverty started in 1964. They have had 47 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor" and they only want more.
You forgot the War on Drugs. Or the War on Anything. It is largely the product of progressive(ie communist) thought made a reality by way of politicians who don't understand what the REAL problem is. Which is that they need to GTFO of the way of progress. Throwing money at a problem, real or imagined, NEVER works. Especially when you don't understand the origins of the problem and come up with "solutions" that make it worse.

3. Fannie Mae was established in 1938. They have had 73 years to get it right and it is broke.
6. Freddie Mac was established in 1970. They have had 41 years to get it right and it is broke.
Broken by congress not too long ago in the name of getting the lower classes that could not afford to do so into houses. And turned what should have been a fairly normal and short-term downturn in the economy into a free-fall depression with a delayed fuse that spouts rainbow colored sparks to keep you distracted

They have FAILED in every "government service" they have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars.

Oh, and I hate this message editor. Too small of a window, too many broken scripts telling you that you need to do something else. Forget government waste, what the **** is wrong with programmers these days? If you can't make a damn web site work properly... I could almost put up with the mexicans and politicians and terrorists if only I could get all of the idiot programmers into a gas chamber at once. Seriously, why the **** do they feel the need to take a universal medium like the web that should adjust to any platform under any conditions and box you into a 80x24 text field with scripts that tell you that you need to type 2 more characters to create a proper reply after you spent 15 minutes typing and editing? WTF!!!!!!!!! I'm going to boycott vBulletin.

1. The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775. They have had 236 years to get it right and it is broke.

2. Social Security was established in 1935. They have had 76 years to get it right and it is broke.

3. Fannie Mae was established in 1938. They have had 73 years to get it right and it is broke.

4. War on Poverty started in 1964. They have had 47 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor" and they only want more.

5. Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. They have had 46 years to get it right and they are broke.

6. Freddie Mac was established in 1970. They have had 41 years to get it right and it is broke.

7. The Department of Energy was created in 1979 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. They had 32 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.

They have FAILED in every "government service" they have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars.

So um....If the government is so incompetent that they can't get anything right, why do you cheerfully give the Department of Defense $700 Billion a year to waste? Why do you want to cut benefits to old people in order to protect that allocation?

there's a lot of evidence to support the idea that privatized government services should run more efficiently. the problem is that hasn't been the case so far- privatized prisons have just been a huge bubblegumming racket, for instance. seems like there is a LOT of room for abuse, with a private police department.

Unfortunately, efficiency rarely equates with equality. Germany in the 1930's was heralded as one of the most efficient governments in history.

None of those pesky civil rights to get in the way.

Unfortunately, efficiency rarely equates with equality. Germany in the 1930's was heralded as one of the most efficient governments in history.

None of those pesky civil rights to get in the way.

and, ironically, same goes for private companies

Oh, and I hate this message editor. Too small of a window, too many broken scripts telling you that you need to do something else. Forget government waste, what the **** is wrong with programmers these days? If you can't make a damn web site work properly... I could almost put up with the mexicans and politicians and terrorists if only I could get all of the idiot programmers into a gas chamber at once. Seriously, why the **** do they feel the need to take a universal medium like the web that should adjust to any platform under any conditions and box you into a 80x24 text field with scripts that tell you that you need to type 2 more characters to create a proper reply after you spent 15 minutes typing and editing? WTF!!!!!!!!! I'm going to boycott vBulletin.

The web isn't regulated, bud. The content might be universal, but there are dozens of different ways to access it. Browsers, operating systems, platforms.

Now, not saying that it can't be done, just that it takes more time than some companies and a lot of free websites are willing to invest.

The web isn't regulated, bud. The content might be universal, but there are dozens of different ways to access it. Browsers, operating systems, platforms.

Now, not saying that it can't be done, just that it takes more time than some companies and a lot of free websites are willing to invest.
That's what I'm saying! It was supposed to be universal! And they broke it on purpose! Hard-coded widths, platform- or browser-specific code and plugins and... Ugh!

Every time you vote for an incumbent,you fuel their fire.If we don't stop re-electing these people,these problems will continue.

R or D after their name- it doesn't matter. If they've been there more than two terms, they've been there too long.

As for DoD- doesn't even approach "efficient". For those few services actually authorized by the Constitution, efficiency isn't required- only effectiveness. Efficiency would be great in theory. But it doesn't happen. Some thing require a brute force appraoach with a hammer because there is no better way. Low-speed rockets are the most efficient way to get to the outer planets, but it takes forever.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top