JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In the same vein, there is also the post-nuclear apocalypse episode "The Old Man In The Cave". For your viewing enjoyment:

I remember that one too.
Wise advice: when someone in an Army uniform tells you that the food he's offering you is both good and delicious DON'T BELIEVE HIM! :eek:
Da da da, da da da da...dum dum DUM, dum dum dum dum!

(Just kidding. It really wasn't bad at all, as I recall...and always plenty of it.)

In high school social studies we were given a problem to solve about our shelter that closely resembled Sterling's show.
We had to choose between about a dozen people for a lesser number of places in the shelter. It was tough! Complicated!

Just one of the problems, the doctor was bigoted and disliked the black man in the group! The black gentleman was the only person who could open the door by himself! Lotsa difficultys of that nature!
I can't remember my grade! LOL!!!:D

I've taught that lesson. It's always a good one that brings excellent discussions.

5c84a9223decda15732713558925c73d.jpg

Outer Limits - The Zanti Ants.

As for the shelter, shoot em all and go on in to enjoy. Now it's your stuff. Just don't run out of batteries for your Ereader, your IPod, Gameboy, laptop, adult appliances, etc.

In the same vein, there is also the post-nuclear apocalypse episode "The Old Man In The Cave". For your viewing enjoyment:

Yeah, good story. But, if four "Central Command" "soldiers" come Jeeping into my town and start pushing folks around, their little piece of earth is going to get real lit up in about 10 minutes! :D

The Twilight Zone ( original series ) can be a interesting window into the past and history lesson.
My daughter and I have watched some together and her questions about the episodes , what people did , wore , "Did they really think / talk / act like that back then?" , even some political questions were fun to answer.

It was a great show ... Wish more of today's movies and T.V. shows were of its caliber.
Andy

My small and fleeting claim to fame was that in high school I tried repeatedly to date the child actress who played the kid, (then) in the episode "Nightmares As A Child". Terry Burnham. Quite the young lady. She kept saying "No", but politely. I was a nobody on campus. She was quite popular. Dead now. Sad. :(

Last Edited:
The Twilight Zone was an amazing series. IIRC it was the first TV show to talk about American Servicemen dieing in Vietnam. When I was a kid I was an absolute Twilight Zone junky (only the original stuff of course, the new stuff is some Pelosi level garbage). I have the series on DVD now but I'll always remember when I was young trying to stay awake for the entire 48 hours of twilight zone marathon's. Good Times, Good Times

Just watched the Shelter and wow. I bet there's a lot of truth to that. Taking pity on unprepared people only takes from your own family. Big lesson for me was keep quiet and have a shotgun port on your shelter door.

For a real education our kids should watch the Twilight Zone. Never thought I'd say that.

Just watched the Shelter and wow. I bet there's a lot of truth to that. Taking pity on unprepared people only takes from your own family. Big lesson for me was keep quiet and have a shotgun port on your shelter door.

For a real education our kids should watch the Twilight Zone. Never thought I'd say that.

I see your point, Millspecer, but I just can't see the little cotton balls "getting" them. It's just too far out from they're sheltered, protected and brainwashed little lives!
Besides, the last few generations see absolutely no value in B&W film! I've tilted at that windmill for years!

I see your point, Millspecer, but I just can't see the little cotton balls "getting" them. It's just too far out from they're sheltered, protected and brainwashed little lives!
Besides, the last few generations see absolutely no value in B&W film! I've tilted at that windmill for years!

Youth is not only wasted on the young but they have no grasp of history's import.

Such ignorance and foolishness.

I wonder if there should be a mandatory nationwide week-long "modernity" cessation.
At the very least a few more people might realize they need a can opener to open a can a beans..
Wasn't today "miss a woman" day of protest or something.?
I think people would miss microwaves and internet cats more.. especially cold turkey.
anyway

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads