JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Serbu Super Shorty--Yea or Nay?

• Total voters
Reactions
I keep being intrigued by this AOW shotgun, mainly because my favorite firearms are shotguns.

However, this thing is heavy and big for three shots of 2.75 12ga. Nevertheless, three rounds of 00 Buck is a devastating blast of firepower employed correctly.

The question is this, what role does this type weapon actually fill for about $750 and the paperwork wait? I mean I could see it as a door greeter, nearby and with more punch than a handgun, and I can also see it as a car/truck gun under proper lock and key, that is handier to hide in a vehicle than a rifle.

But it comes back to 2+1 is not a lot, and a shorty pistol gripped shotgun is going to be a handful to fire, even with the nifty folding vertical fore end.

So yea or nay on continuing to lust after one of these?

serbu.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've pondered this same question myself - seems like a pretty cool thing to own, and only short shotgun we can have here in WA state. However, I'm not really sure what I'd use it for, and if push-came-to-shove, I'd rather have a hi-cap handgun or even an AK/AR pistol in that size.

(I didn't answer your poll, because I really don't know either)

I've fired one and yeah it kicked like a mule. Then comes the smile. The folding vertical grip is nice and I wished it had more to it with my hand being that close to the business end. That said when funds allow it seems like the ultimate SHTF car gun. Comes in two flavors, Mossy or Remy. One of the guys on the forum had them for $699(?), Cocktailer?

I seen these a couple years back and thought they were pretty cool. Still are cool but as you stated, limited capacity, alot of recoil, and the price is something that has kept me from owning one.

However, I would like to see my friends faces if I were to pull that out!

I found those cool/neat shorty as back-up weapon.

I believe those are designed for tactical entry. Compact size allow you to carry with sling, bust door with it and quick switch over to carbine.

Could be useful for hiking also. (bear defender)

I'm in agreement.
Watched TV show "Sons of Guns".
They used a short Saiga with drum mag - (I'd prefer the regular 10-rd mag).
Faster shots and more ammo.
Serbu is handicapped by 3 rounds.

An AOW S-12 is "handicapped" by both weight and bulkiness compared to the Serbu based on how it is being employed. If the Serbu is in the "master key" role, it is a lot handier as a breacher. It's also an easier hide out or anti road rage gun.

I have handled and fired a short S-12 and all it did for me was make me wonder what the KSG was like in comparison.

A Serbu will hold 6 rounds of Aguila mini-shot shells. It will also feed them reliably, unlike a full sized pump. I had a chance to test one out for an entire day about 2 years ago and have been lusting after one ever since.

They are on my want list, just cause. If they were $500 I would have one for a long time now. At $700+ which is not a lot more but does keep it on my list for someday.

Fired coctailer's one back in May during the machinegun shoot, it is a blast. Recoil is certainly heavy though. Would love one in the car or just by the bedside. Really love the forward folding grip as well.

Fired one that JC had at a shoot sometime back. Shot it one handed,i was surprised at how controllable it was.
If i had the extra duckets laying around,would definitley be getting one from Cocktailer.
Not sure,but i seem to remember they were avail in either a 870 or 500 flavor,it was the 870 i tried out.
RK

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads