JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting store. The guy Sean seemed real nice when I was in the store, but on the phone he will chew you out if you spend too long, he seems to be real busy, whice he is. Well the store is cool to go to , just to look at the guns. The deals on the DPMS LR-308 guns are as good as you will find anywhere and they do haggle a bit, I think. Their prices on Saiga 12 shotguns sucks big times, definately walk in with an add with the price $200 lower and I bet they may be willing to beat it, maybe LOL. DOn't know about the handgun prices. Well, the guy Sean really was helpful to me, being a newbie and when you get his attention he devoted lot of time to helping.

Yeah, I have heard some strange things about the store. The place is just cool to see, all the security gear and more evil guns than any other store in town. I didn't find the poeple at Keith's with any less of an attitude or any more helpful than at the Security Store. Are the prices at Keith's taht great? His price on Sigs were way higher than what I could get on gunbroker. I don't really think Keith's prices are so amazing, they are ok, I guess. Seeing I am in WA, I still have to pay for shipping + FFL fees though, so I have even less of an advantage.

If anyone wants to know another store with great selection and the friendliest staff i have ever met at any guns tore, go to Fisherman Marine's in Oregon City. These guys wen the extra mile to help me out and devoted all the time they could to educating me on what I needed. Real gentleman, which is just not common at the gun counter these days, so I hear, with the mad gun rush. The prices they have are fairly decent too minus the big attitude (which is also nice).

I've been there and I won't buy anything from them their prices are insane. To bad I didn't know you wanted a RIA 1911. I just sold one on gunbroker last month for $325. Thats the same price I bought it for a couple years back. Good little gun, would eat even the most ragged of my reloads like it was candy. Never had an issue with it but I wanted a Taurus PT1911 so I had to let one go. FWIW "The security store" wanted $799.99 for a PT1911... I said what! no thank you, and bought one on gunbroker for $529.99 + $25 shipping + $20 FFL transfer fee NIB. I'm no math wiz but $575 is $225's better then $800's. The guns are identical only mines been handle less.

Seeing I am in WA, I still have to pay for shipping + FFL fees though, so I have even less of an advantage.

Since you are in Vancouver, I would recommend Brightwater Ventures. Mike and Nick are always helpful and Mike even advised me to wait for the gun I really wanted instead of settling for something similar. He was actually interested in making sure I was truly satisfied, and not just trying to make a quick buck. How many shop owners would do that?

Last Edited:
Oh yeah, just so I don't get accused of hijacking a thread, I have been into the Security Store. Once. High prices and attitudes that said "we don't care if we get your business." Needless to say, I don't need to go there again if I can get something delivered by Ebay or Gunbroker for the same or even less money.

Since you are in Vancouver, I would recommend Brightwater Ventures. Mike and Nick are always helpful and Mike even advised me to wait for the gun I really wanted instead of settling for something similar. He was actually interested in making sure I was truly satisfied, and not just trying to make a quick buck. How many shop owners would do that?

Brightwater doesn't do transfers anymore.

the security store is about 300yards from the house so i would love it if the prices were good but...
I have found most of there stuff to be Way Overpriced needed some ammo for my CZ-52 they were the only people that had it and what is normally .08/rnd was .40/rnd and what they said were 72 piece boxes were actually 70 piece boxes. Definitely not someplace I will recommend, Saiga prices were $250 more than I can get them for new at the Pawn shop, Beaverton Pawn ordered them for me. So if you are willing to haggle and dicker you might get a decent price so i have been told by a fellow who works part-time for the security store. The key with this place is caveat emptor, let the buyer beware.
On the plus side their clips are usually decently priced.

We will see. As of now there is only one new worker.

The only change I know of is the manager.

Interesting, I wonder how their behavior will change at the next gun show. Last show the guys were quite a bit nicer than the previous one and I actually enjoyed talking to one of the guys. He was an admitted Fudd, but a cool guy, none-the-less. :s0155:

You've really gotta know your prices and info on the item you're buying. One experience I had there was terrible, the kid behind the counter was talking to a friend (...MAYBE a customer..) But the fact of the matter is, the said conversation was not to my liking.. they came off as cocky. But I visit that store more than I do the grocer. That being said, they know I usually come in to drool over the rifles, get my "GUN EYE CANDY" fix and leave. They've yet to say anything about it. But the last time I was there the guy actually dug through some of the stuff and found an A2 stock kit for me for $50. No box of course, but the thing was brand new. The good thing about them, is the fact that I can talk all day about buying something that I'll never actually shell out the money for.

But like I said, if you know your prices then you'll be fine. EVERY thing there is over priced, but since they have that sign up saying they'll beat any lower price with proof of ad, then you should be fine. Just flash your cash and KNOW EXACTLY what you want.. and that'll let them know you mean buisness. They'll be more willing to lower the price and not take you for a gun yuppie

Mixed reviews all around. But worth taking a trip to. Some good deals and interesting hard to find items.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top