JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I stopped in The Security Store in Hillsboro today to browse. Browse being the operative word as their prices are out of sight for the most part. The kid behind the counter, I think his name is Casey, with the short spikey hair and I got into a discussion about availability of AR's and without making this overly long he tried to tell me that he heard on CNN and the news this morning that the AWB had just been reinstated and If I wantd any Assault Rifles I'd better get them quick. I just laughed and walked out of the store. This guy is obviously trying to spread misinformation to make a sale.

Has anybody else heard this guy try to pull this stuff?

The tweaker looking kid? Kind of looks like Seth Green's looser brother on his way to, or from court?

Yep, that would be the one! He's as full of crap as a country closet.

I'll admit, they are spreading fear.. But to think for a SECOND that Obama isn't going to attack our 2nd amendment rights just foolish to say the least.

Flat out its been said that "Oh yeah, we going to get around to it. Right now we're just solving bigger issues". Thats not paraphrased of course, but the meaning rings true.. Like it or not with a "ANTI" in office with all his "Anti" chums.. our 2nd amendment rights will be infringed.. GREATLY.

Montana has got their stuff together.. check out the new bill they passed regarding gun laws.. One step to the right.. hmm?

(I'm not poking fun at any lefties out there, I'm juuusss sayin.)
=]

ZA Oh, I agree with you. The minute Obama and his minions think they have the votes they will go for reinstating the AWB plus! However, it just torques me off that the little jerk weed at The Security Store is flat out lying to try to make a sale.

Regarding Montana, that whole deal is more than a gun issue. Several states are trying to reign in the Fed on several fronts that should be state's rights issues. This will probably end up before SCOTUS before all is said and done.

True, they are lying to everyone.. Either:
"THEY are the ONLY ones who carry it, OR its all on back order, even on the internet! And somehow THEY are the only ones who have it"..

But I understand everyone's frustration, if Target or FredMyers could do it.. they'd sucker people into sales as well.

BUT DON'T get me wrong, I am IN NO WAY defending them or their sales tactics. You gotta treat Gun stores now-a-days like you would a car dealership and KNOW they're lying to you or twisting the truth to get a sale.

Know what you want, how much it is at a few other locations and when all else fails.. if they try to rip you off.. walk out. Its fate trying to tell you you'll find a better deal down the road.
=]

You gotta treat Gun stores now-a-days like you would a car dealership and KNOW they're lying to you or twisting the truth to get a sale.

Don't know if you can make a general statement like that. I've been treated great at some stores and badly at others. Northwest Armory and the guys at Fisherman's are straight shooters, at least in my experience. Al's guns out in Forest Grove are good guys as well.

Alright, my last post was a little harsh. I shouldn't have roped in EVERY gun store or location that sells them. But I speak from MY personal experience.. from the first time I bought a gun until now.. I've had attempted ripoffs and actual ammo ripoffs in the past. But it was because of my lack of experience and attention to detail and desperateness.
(Yes, I was overly eager to buy my first AK47..)
I've ran into maybe 5 guys/stores who were really there to help me anyway they could. But as for "Sporting Stores" that sell guns and ammunition.. Oh man, NOT ALL but most of the Bi-mart, Dicks, Big five, Surplus Stores, Pawn shops, and Joe's (When it was still in buisness) had people behind the counter (NUMEROUS TIMES) that had no idea what the product on the shelf was. And I'm not mad because they didn't know every detail, I'm frustrated because they TRY and act like they know everything about the gun/ammo I'm asking about. I'd definitely take pride in my job if I sold guns and ammo! But then again, its my hobby. So I can understand.

Buuut my gun adventures are long stories, and I'll keep'em to myself.
To make a long story longer, I was speaking purley from my OWN personal experience and not a general consensus.

Been in there once or twice - they've got some nice toys, but the prices are too high. They got insane once the election came around and haven't dropped since. At the last two shows their prices have been 25% over what everyone else is charging... of course, I didn't actually see them at the last show...

Not only the bigger retail markets, but I've heard some pretty amazing mis-information come out of smaller, local gun shops as well. I think the criteria to work in one is no felony convictions (so they can handle the merchandise) and know how to operate a cash register. No actual gun knowledge is required.

I went to the Gun Room in SE Portland a few years back, looking for some HP .223 ammo. The owner (not a clerk) asked me what kind of rifle I wanted to shoot it with. When I said either Mini-14 or AR, this guy launched into a profanity laden, vile rant against semi-automatic rifles. He said the reason we "lost" in Vietnam, was because the soldiers were issued M-16's. His theory is the Army should never have quit using bolt action battle rifles. :nuts: The guy was actually nuts. Ranting, raving, drooling, the whole bit. I slowly backed out of the store and have not been back since.

Durring the frenzy (week USA voted in Obam) that gentelmen, tried to tell me that the manufactures had already stopped making Hi cap handgun mags, so I should buy one soon......... Amazingly I went somewhere else to purchase.......

I think Keiths had flat top ARs for 780-850 at the most recent gun show. lol, I like The Security Store before they got big but its just gone down kinda slow, I'm starting to like the local pawn guys more.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top