JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This little gem was once a prized part of my repertoire. Inexpensive and super-reliable, ever so easy to carry and not at all finicky about ammo. That was yesterday.
Today is a new story. When they send the replacement, this little dude goes up for sale. image.jpeg image.jpeg

I'm brand new to reloading myself, but looking on Hodgdon's site, it seems, for 115g bullets that their recommended max load is 4.8gr (no OAL given though). That does seem like a pretty hot load. Is that running +P territory? Out of curiosity, I checked on SCCY's website and found this:

Q. What ammunition is safe to use in my new SCCY?

A. Most brand-name brass cased ammo can be used, such as Winchester, Federal, American Eagle, PMC, Magtech, Fiocchi and Independence (these are not the only options, just examples).

• Do not use Steel Cased, Aluminum Cased, or reloads.
  • Standard grain (bullet weight): 115 and 124, and 147 in Gen 2
  • +P ammunition is recommended only for very limited use in Gen 2 only.

Have you spoken to SCCY about this yet? I'm curious if they will stand by their warranty since you were running reloads. Let us know how it works out.

"No questions asked" and "is recommended" should handle any warranty issues.

Which is why I'm curious about how it goes with them. I'd like to see if it really is "no questions asked". I've owned one before, I like the gun, but never had to deal with them on a warranty issue. Do let us know how it works out. I'll be pretty impressed if they actually stick to that no questions asked policy. I'll also be sure to avoid any hot loads in a SCCY if I buy one again. Yikes.