JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am curious too. I'm thinking about getting a mini 14 and while I like the look of the wood stock, the Archangel Precision has the comb and LOP adjustments I'd need.

Careful, the Mini 14 haters will pounce on you for expressing interest in those rifles! Trust me, I've been there myself. Still love my Mini 14, by the way ;)

Careful, the Mini 14 haters will pounce on you for expressing interest in those rifles! Trust me, I've been there myself. Still love my Mini 14, by the way ;)

LOL. Yeah, I've been preparing for all of the "why don't you just get an AR" comments :rolleyes:.

It's not that ARs are that good, it's just that Mini 14s are that bad. Like really bad. But going down that road and developing your own opinions is half the fun.

It's not that ARs are that good, it's just that Mini 14s are that bad. Like really bad. But going down that road and developing your own opinions is half the fun.

I ended up trading my Mini14 for a piston AR. It's not that I didn't like the Mini, I just loved the AR more since it's what I grew up with. I enjoyed the Mini and had only a few complaints. The AR just fits me better.

I wouldn't discourage anyone from acquiring a Mini, just give it a test drive first both on the range and on the work bench to see if it's something that suits you.

-Ben

See, now why does it have to be either/or? Why not both? It's like the AR or AK discussion - why not have both??

I am one of those seemingly rare (though not that rare) Mini-14 fans. But I'm also an AR fan, and an AK fan.

See, now why does it have to be either/or? Why not both? It's like the AR or AK discussion - why not have both??

I am one of those seemingly rare (though not that rare) Mini-14 fans. But I'm also an AR fan, and an AK fan.

I like where you're taking this discussion =)

If I could afford all three, I'd be right there with you. Unfortunately, my budget doesn't allow that. Maybe one day ;)

To me, I suppose Mini 14s are like OLY ARs. I only had one, but it was enough of a bubblegum show that now I say bubblegum OLY ARs (moot point since they're no longer around).

YMMV

To me, I suppose Mini 14s are like OLY ARs. I only had one, but it was enough of a bubblegum show that now I say bubblegum OLY ARs (moot point since they're no longer around).

YMMV

I think it's kind of funny that some folks get worked up over the Mini 14. I do like mine. It's reliable, accurate and fun to shoot (mine has the acurizer strut on it, BTW). I know some folks really don't like them, that doesn't bother me. Thankfully there are plenty of guns out there for folks to love and hate on. Now, would I grab my Mini if I had to go to war? No. But then I may not grab my AR either. I may tend more toward my M1A instead, maybe AR308, but then I like the idea of fighting with a .30 cal ;)

I ended up trading my Mini14 for a piston AR. It's not that I didn't like the Mini, I just loved the AR more since it's what I grew up with. I enjoyed the Mini and had only a few complaints. The AR just fits me better.

I wouldn't discourage anyone from acquiring a Mini, just give it a test drive first both on the range and on the work bench to see if it's something that suits you.

-Ben

I'll get to test drive one weekend after next. I'm pretty small so it's got to be comfortable for me to shoot, or I've got to have a pretty good idea that I can modify it to make it fit.

Aesthetically ARs don't really appeal to me... something I may just need to get over, but I understand why people like them. Kind of like how I feel about Glocks: don't fit my hand and ugly as all get out, but I get why people like them.

I'll get to test drive one weekend after next. I'm pretty small so it's got to be comfortable for me to shoot, or I've got to have a pretty good idea that I can modify it to make it fit.

Aesthetically ARs don't really appeal to me... something I may just need to get over, but I understand why people like them. Kind of like how I feel about Glocks: don't fit my hand and ugly as all get out, but I get why people like them.

Now you're just making s*** up. :D

Appreciate KKG's note as stated above. I need to wear my glasses more often. Does anyone have any current success stories or problems with the AAIMINI's and your 14's?

I am curious too. I'm thinking about getting a mini 14 and while I like the look of the wood stock, the Archangel Precision has the comb and LOP adjustments I'd need.

No experience with the Archangel stock, but I have never had a positive experience with anything ProMag and will waste no more money on them. YMMV

To the people who are saying that the Mini 14 is so bad, have you only shot the old Mini 14's with the pencil barrel?

If you have only shot the old Mini 14's and not the newer 580-583 series Mini 14 then you don't know what you're talking about.

The new Mini14's are extremely accurate and are are very good rifles!

Careful, the Mini 14 haters will pounce on you for expressing interest in those rifles!

The Mini-14 bashing threads remind me of that scene in Blazing Saddles ... "I didn't get a harrumpf out of that guy!"

:s0112:

Indeed. We have an iron-sighted, SBRed, and suppressed AR-15 and a scoped Mini-14. They fill two very different rôles. If they work, and they do for us, I don't see the problem.