I recently purchased a Mini-14 Tactical (583-series) as well as an Archangel Precision stock (AAMINI). While waiting for the stock to arrive, I watched the installation instructions that Archangel Mfg produced showing a step-by-step method for installing your Mini. In that video, the instructor mentions that some variants of the Mini have a larger set of mag well arms on the trigger assembly that don't fit into their stock, but he doesn't mention specifically which Minis are affected. Well, mine is one of them. In the video, the instructor says that you can fix this problem by grinding down the metal arms down so that they fit in the stock. I took a different approach and s.l.o.w.l.y Dremeled out the stock so that the trigger assembly would fit. It took about two hours as I was being very, very cautious, but I finally felt like I had a good, snug fit, though I was dreading the thought of field stripping the rifle as there was a fair bit of tapping and squeezing to get it set. The installation instructions tell you to take the factory lower heat shield and install it into the AAMINI stock, but you're told that you'll have to bend out the edges of the shield to get them to grip the inner ribs of the stock so that it holds in place. This doesn't work. The inner ribs are smooth and offer no stable surface for anchoring the heat shield. The result is that the shield tips forward and will rub against the slide assembly every time it cycles. It's not a huge deal, but it's metal-on-metal contact that isn't part of the rifle's design. After accepting that the slide assembly would rub against the heat shield and 2 hours of shaving stock material, I was finally ready to slap on the hand guard and call it done. Except that the rivet that is supposed to hold the clip that keeps the hand guard attached to the barrel wasn't riveted. The dang thing was still just a peg. This is where I threw my hands up. I was prepared for the trigger guard to not fit, and I can accept that the heat shield rubs, but this was too much. This manufacturing defect means that hand guard simply doesn't stay attached. For now, I've put the rifle back in the factory stock and I've contacted Archangel Support to see what they can do about it. I still really want the stock to work and I like how it feels when I adjust it to fit my frame (being 6'4" means I like a long LOP), but this initial engagement has worn down my patience and tolerance with Archangel. I'll be sure to update this thread as the story develops. Hopefully I'll be able to post pics of the completed project.