JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gun socks are your friend. I was able to snuggle a couple more rifles & shotguns into my tiny safes, without risking them being scratched by their neighbors.

I think I'll have to go back and hang tags on the guns, since the only way at present to tell which is which is to feel them.

Lot's of great advice here.
Here are my favorites so far:
Multiple Houses
Multiple Safes
Dedicated John Wick gun room
Gun Rods & Gun Socks

Here's something I started to do after selling what I could "part with" and still needed room:
I started pulling scopes from my rifles and again sold what I could "part with" and bought fewer nice optics.

Over time I have been replacing scope mounts with one piece picatinny rails.
Guns with similar ballistics can share a scope if they all have a one piece rail and quality rings.

I leave the the rings around the scope torqued and just loosen the bases.
Quality rings tend to fit on any picatinny rail (Not weaver).
It's essential to use the same rail for these rifles. Normally 0 or 20 MOA.

For example, 6.5 CM and 300 Win Mag are similar ballistically and can share a scope with range data

No it won't work for everybody especially those with lots of Lever actions and rifles with sights but hey there's always the John Wick Gun Room option or buying your own gun store option.

Another thing to remember, You can remodel your safe if the existing interior isn't working for you.

I assume your house has more than one room, so just buy another safe and put it in another room. If your wife objects just buy a pretty one and tell her she can keep her jewelry in it too.

My wife once asked me why I needed so many guns, I asked if she wanted help downsizing her the number of shoes she has...she never brought it up again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top