JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I agree get some rifle rods to store you long guns. I have some gun socks that I use to keep my guns that I don't shoot that much in. My primary guns are not in gun socks so I can get to the quickly and have magazines in them with empty chambers. Same for my shotgun (loaded magazine tube, empty chamber).

The only guns that have loaded have loaded chambers are two pistols.

Last Edited:
Well that's a one hell of a problem you have. I'm in aw. OP have a lot of good suggestions. My favorite is another safe. Sold a few in the past. It seems I i ways get sellers remorse. Just sayin.

If you purchase Bore Stores for each rifle you can forego using any of the native barrel slots provided, and stack them neat beside each other at a slight angle in multiple rows. I would use the tags provided to ID each rifle for easy access, so you don't have to sort through each to find the rifle you are after. Handguns can be placed in Bore Stores on the shelf provided in layers of two, three, or four per row, separated by cardboard or foam separators if you wish. I have been able to get 8 rifles and eight handguns in a ten gun safe in this fashion allowing for the additional family heirlooms that will be passed to me in the future.
Creep has to be controlled and this is the hard part. Firearms are like jewelry for men. I've tried all sorts of formulas to contend with this and have decided I need to diversify my interests. I'm looking at getting into sailing which I have always wanted to do and other hobbies I have always found appealing. At the very end I doubt I'm going to be saying to myself, "I wish I bought more guns."

There are options for those of us with limited space. I haven't gotten one of those wall-safes that is countersunk and looks like a mirror, but they're interesting.

Bi-Mart has safes that fit under a bed. They look like this one:

2BA541B1-1945-4464-B970-37F7BC743E7C.jpeg

One thing I have done, is take the bolts out of the bolt guns, especially the ones I don't care so much about. Put the bolts in the safe, leave the rest of the gun outside. A gun without a bolt is not very dangerous...
OR, leave the gun in the safe, but now with the bolts out they are much easier to pack together more densely, with less chance of scratches (which usually happen due to bolt handles).

Perfect time to make a vault room. Or you could vacuum seal the extras! It works great with 4mm film.

Attachments

• E74699C0-178D-4BFE-82AF-D2B28A9F0A58.jpeg
    E74699C0-178D-4BFE-82AF-D2B28A9F0A58.jpeg
    336.6 KB · Views: 126
It happened, guys. The biggest safe I could fit through my doors has been filled. But the problem is, I still have guns that need space. The most recent couple purchases have left a few dirty homeless in my gun room and I'm wondering where to go from here. Another safe isn't in the cards right now as I don't have a space available. Considered selling some that exist because I like having them around but they never get shot. As in, I put a few mags/boxes through, satisfied my curiosity and that was that. But I don't really sell things in general. Thought about going to my local FFL and just having the guy sell them for me? There will be purchases in the future, of course. Always will be. Thoughts?
I have three gun safes and I think that from now on it's going to be a new one in and an old one out.

What I've done is put each gun into a padded gun sock , stacked every other one barrel down and each handgun is in a pistol rug stacked flat and deep on the shelves . I doubled the space in my safe that way. Everything nests like a folded origami piece,,,LOL!

Of course I still have ended up with 3 safes in the long run ! I did sell off about 15 guns recently though sense I moved and downsized my collection a little bit. But it seems when I do want something I have to un-stack the safe sense it seems what I want to use always seems to be in the very back of the safe. Gerrrrr!

I am moving right now and the place I bought is only 950 sq ft so I can't even get my safes inside anymore. I did buy a brand new 20 ft shipping container/ conex and put 2 in there now and will frame off a 8x8 room soon for a reloading room and bolted the safes to the floor. I think this will be my permanent solution for storage sense it's way more secure than a house would be anyways.

It gets hotter than "Billy Jesus " in there for sure but with some good insulation , extra ventilation and a pitched roof to keep the sun off ,that should tame the heat some I think? That's the plan anyways. I'll let you know how that works out,,,,

I could turn the whole thing into a gun room/ man cave too for that matter and that just may be what happens in the long run sense a conex runs 3800 bucks which is about what my 3 huge safes cost all together anyways.

Hopefully that will solve my storage issues I'm up against right now?

Hummmm, Lets see,,,1,172 cu ft of space,,,ya I think I can squeeze them all in that ? If not,,,,,I may have other problems that MAY require counsling ,,,LOL!!!

I did this as well. Works pretty for me. Especially the bought another safe part lol.

SnapSafe. It arrives flat and will fit through any door larger than a mail slot. This is the 56-gun Super Titan XXL. I just filled it.

Worth a look for anyone who wants more capacity than will fit through a door. Recommended.

2020-08-05 19.15.57.jpg

It happened, guys. The biggest safe I could fit through my doors has been filled. But the problem is, I still have guns that need space. The most recent couple purchases have left a few dirty homeless in my gun room and I'm wondering where to go from here. Another safe isn't in the cards right now as I don't have a space available. Considered selling some that exist because I like having them around but they never get shot. As in, I put a few mags/boxes through, satisfied my curiosity and that was that. But I don't really sell things in general. Thought about going to my local FFL and just having the guy sell them for me? There will be purchases in the future, of course. Always will be. Thoughts?
Buy another safe! :s0155:

LOL. mee too.
Have you ever looked up Sturdy Safe?
Check them out on youtube. Awesome no frills safe. They have some pretty good videos trying to break into their safes

Safe is full...?

The time to talk to your firearms about firearm safety is long past then....
I 'm mean , if you leave two attractive firearms alone in a safe , then that is where a son of a gun happens...:eek: :D

If you won't talk to your firearms about firearm safety , then who will....?
Strangers at a range....?
Random gun show guys....?
What are they being shown for safety in movies and say on You Tube Videos...?

Well lucky for you ...
I have the answer...
Its the Andy54Hawken safety course.....!
Just send me your firearms and a one time fee of $99.95 and I will ensure that your firearms "Get the talk"....
But wait...
If you act now , for just an additional $19.95 , I'll be sure to send you a hand signed copy of Mr. Safety wants you...!....:D
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top