JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Empty your freezer, eat all you can, feed the rest to the dog (it's just food). Defrost and dry the freezer out. Depending on the size you'll be good to go for a while. When that doesn't work for a while PM me and I'll give you a hand with the problem.:cool:

Get some of the ripple stuff they put under fiberglass patio roofing, glue some black velvet on it tack it up at the right height on the back wall of a closet or two. For security you can a screw couple lag eyes in to wall studs and use padlocks and a coated cable through the trigger guards.

Get an inexpensive mini-safe to hold extra items. It will buy you time to sort this out to your satisfaction. Quality items to your regular safe, items in transit to temporary safe. Consider using Gunbroker or a trustworthy dealer to sell your excess on consignment. Also, there are under bed storage containers but use a gun sock for protection.

It happened, guys. The biggest safe I could fit through my doors has been filled. But the problem is, I still have guns that need space. The most recent couple purchases have left a few dirty homeless in my gun room and I'm wondering where to go from here. Another safe isn't in the cards right now as I don't have a space available. Considered selling some that exist because I like having them around but they never get shot. As in, I put a few mags/boxes through, satisfied my curiosity and that was that. But I don't really sell things in general. Thought about going to my local FFL and just having the guy sell them for me? There will be purchases in the future, of course. Always will be. Thoughts?
Get an ESP Safety Shelter, from Swisher Mower, install some gun racks, and put the spares in there.

Of course, they do take up a bit more space than a safe...

Here's how I handled the problem of a full safe. I removed all the guns, and then removed all the interior pieces so I could rework them. I made new interior, and covered the new framework with carpet. Reinstalled and went from a 12 long gun safe to afterwards holding 18 long guns, and hooks on the inside the door to hold another 12 handguns too. Then that got filled too.
So I broke down and bought a 2nd safe. But before I even put the first guns in it, I reworked that interior to maximize the number of guns that could fit also. Then that got filled too.
So I bought a 3rd safe, and reworked it inside also. Now I'm about half full on the 3rd safe, but I think I'm OK as long as purchases are more handguns than long guns.

My Dad threatened to travel the United States and place a firearm i a secure place, within the boundaries of each State. Thus, circumventing the Government banning interstate transport. Wish he'd left a map!

I have a similar issue, although I could just buy another safe like the first one, I'm thinking I might just get a welded steel office cabinet and replace several of the shelves with a back panel and a row of 3D printed AR attachments bolted to the back of the cabinet. I think I should be able to get one AR every 3 inches of width. Maybe 8 or so AR-15 and 3-4 AR-10 spots

The rest of the guns will fit in the safe.

Sample part:

1597333342418.png

When I was building "the room", I had toyed with the idea of just getting a vault door instead of an actual safe.
Now if I would've built it with concrete walls and ceiling with reinforced rebar, I would have done so... I bought a Colonial 50, I don't buy Guns, I build them so no worries on filling it up...:D

When I need space, the first guns I look to sell are the ones I don't shoot well. The ones I trust and feel confident in, I always keep even if I get bored with them.

wow only gun owner in the family? I would try to change that and gift one to that person to keep it in the family.
I also would consider moving everything out of the safe that isn't a gun and store them separately. I keep ammo in a file cabinet.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top