JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This came from the Fal Files awhile back. I do remember +P ammo was being used.

tmp_ruger_lcr_kaboom-tm-tfb.jpg

That also can be chalked up to operator error.

Okay, where are you getting your facts? Have you personally owned the gun? what you say is without any reinforcement right now. Kimbers for instance are coming on the market with a high rate of being defective. What are you getting at exactly?

I will say this, putting 1000 rounds shows that I can put a 1000 rounds through my personal LCR. If you can't be convinced one way or another, why even bother? You are wasting your own time.

how do you not understand this concept? i can be convinced- by numbers... plural. you have 1, not plural guns. re-read my post.

Kimbers for instance are coming on the market with a high rate of being defective. What are you getting at exactly?

i'd buy an LCR before i bought a kimber. what are YOU getting at>?

Okay. I ask the moderators to close this thread. I have first hand experience with many guns. You cannot be convinced all you want to do is win the argument. Fine you win. Please close this thread it has lost its objective.

Okay. I ask the moderators to close this thread. I have first hand experience with many guns. You cannot be convinced all you want to do is win the argument. Fine you win. Please close this thread it has lost its objective.

i do win, and thats WHY you're frustrated. but dont be ridiculous about it, having threads closed and getting pissy.

my argument: your gun, and especially at the current round count, does not disprove the fact that the Ruger LC_ series of handguns currently has bugs.

what can you possibly have against that assertion? it's an indisputable fact.

and it's my only point.

I would argue that the title to this thread was the only incorrect part. Thalvr's gun hasn't busted any myths surrounding the LCR line of revolvers. It should have been titled "Great Range Day with the LCR". I would have been much more receptive to that. It sounds like your revolver is working great for you. I'm glad. Broken guns suck a lot. But one gun does not a myth bust.

Don't take your ball and go home. It's no fun. Fruitful discussions are always entertaining and on occasion informative. In this case, it was nice to hear a good range report for a gun I personally wouldn't mind playing with.

I just wanted to make this post due to what I have read online about the Ruger LCR.
I was in the market for a new carry piece recently and was looking at many different makes and models. I do a lot of research before I purchase a gun, and many of the reviews I watched and posts I read gave the LCR a great rating, but there were a few issues that almost kept me from making the purchase.

The first issue is of cutting on the frame. I have not experienced any frame cutting at all. In the 300+ rounds I have shot out of it, the frame still looks like new and there is just no damage. I was shooting 158g Winchester 357. I will say, however, this is not a gun I just slam round after round through. Once I have put 25-30 rounds through the LCR, I let it cool off for a bit and shoot something else.

The second part is that recoil is hard and the polymer frame won't hold up. First the frame is not polymer. The frame is aluminum and it is covered with some kind of coating. the grip and finger guard portion is polymer, but I think I have about the same chance as breaking that part of the gun as I do the polymer portion of my Glock 21.

Recoil is sharp but manageable. It kicks straight back and most the force is absorbed in the palm just right under the thumb. Honestly the thing is so accurate for a snubby and so fun to shoot, I really don't notice it much, but after about 30 rounds I want to let the gun and my hand cool down.

The last portion is that the cylinder is too thin and sometimes brass gets stuck.
The cylinder holds up great. I did get brass sticking for about the first 60 rounds.
The first 25 stuck so bad I had to get my car keys out to lodge the brass out. After which I used a little oil and shot some more and the thing broke in nicely. I no longer get sticking issues, though it is still a little tight and requires a good nudge to get the spent brass out now.

Overall, this is a great carry option. I have a tamer grip on it and put it in my front left pocket. I use a De Santis holster and frankly this thing is more comfortable than my Little Kel-Tec .32acp. It's light weight and for the price it is definitely worth looking at.

The three (3) Ruger LCR’s that I purchases all had issues/defects/safety concerns.

All of these three (3) defective firearms could have caused serious injury if not detected by me and sent back to the Ruger factory for repairs.

Two of the LCR’s had the following defect; “when the cylinder release button is pressed and the cylinder is swung open (or anytime the cylinder is not securely locked within the frame) the firearm can still be fired. Because of this defect there is a possibility that a cartridge can be struck by the hammer when the cylinder is not properly aligned with the barrel.

One of the LCR’s had the following defect; “flame cutting” or “gas cutting” of the top strap just above the firing cone. The gun’s frame was actually melting away.

Ruger did make all three LCR right as far as I can tell as I write this. They fixed two and sent me a brand new one for the third one that they could not fix. I guess it was kind a hard for Ruger to fix a melting frame. As a side note, I have noticed that Smith & Wesson has started placing some kind of shield just above the firing cone on there lightweight revolvers (340/360). Interesting.

Please go to the Rugerforum.net and read posting entitled; “LCR Question/Issue”.

It is a must read if you own a Ruger LCR, if you know someone who owns an LCR, or if you are thinking about purchasing and LCR.