JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw it on the 9th.
As said above it is not a film for the squeamish.
I found it to be a beautifully filmed bad movie.
Too many liberties with history, events , locations and people.
I would have enjoyed the movie better if it were about a generic band of fur trappers and one of their members was mauled by a bear and what happened next ...
Just too many "Hollywood Facts" for me.
Granted with what we really know about Hugh Glass , you would be lucky to get six paragraphs , let alone a three hour movie ...
Andy

After suffering a back injury as well as a broken hip AND leg.. His recovery time, though aided by the cold is outside the realm of possibility.
Im not saying it couldnt have happened, especially when your will to live is that strong, but there is no way he would have done half those things.. That or the bear didnt really stick it to him. The wounds sure, ouch.. But that 1 ton bear bouncing on your lower back and pelvis
(if cracked or broken).. Nope.. You aren't walking for a while. Ive been there, both types of injuries..

The cinematography was excellent! However the storyline and directing needed work, I personally would have done a few things differently.. BUT its still worth renting. Just watching it made me feel cold.. Outside for extended periods of time in all that ice and snow with only minimal thermal wear.. Yikes.

After suffering a back injury as well as a broken hip AND leg.. His recovery time, though aided by the cold is outside the realm of possibility.
Im not saying it couldnt have happened, especially when your will to live is that strong, but there is no way he would have done half those things.. That or the bear didnt really stick it to him. The wounds sure, ouch.. But that 1 ton bear bouncing on your lower back and pelvis
(if cracked or broken).. Nope.. You aren't walking for a while. Ive been there, both types of injuries..

The cinematography was excellent! However the storyline and directing needed work, I personally would have done a few things differently.. BUT its still worth renting. Just watching it made me feel cold.. Outside for extended periods of time in all that ice and snow with only minimal thermal wear.. Yikes.

Almost sounds a little bit like The Edge with Anthony Hopkins, which is one I enjoyed. Realistic? Probably not, but still enjoyable and the setting/filming made it more enjoyable to watch.

While not very close to reality, that is Hollywood. They know nothing of reality.

I really wanted to see this, my wife actually does too. We were supposed to see it tonight. She messed that plan up by going into labor two weeks early!

Oh movie can wait, it's baby boy time!

Back on topic, I wasn't planning to see the movie! Just couldn't see Hugh Glass portrayed by that mighty, he man Leonardo DiCraprio!
Honestly, the " DiCraprio" was a misspelling! But now I see it as fate, so left it up!:cool:

So I finally watched it last night, just the rumors of the bear/rape made me put the whole thing out of my mind.
Man anyone that ever said that bear was raping him, clearly never saw The Great Outdoors. Whats the bear do when its standing atop the door that's on John Candy..It's bounces up and down!

Oh look the bear is raping John Candy..
the-great-outdoors-bear2.jpg

OK back to The Revenant, it is a beautifully filmed movie, as stated above. It was much better than I expected. And I agree he would have been dead in a couple weeks from infection!

The bear scene was outstanding. I have no idea if that was CGI, but dang....it was brutal. I think for me the characters made made me feel something about each one and the suffering LDC portrayed was wrenching. So in that regard, they did a good job acting. The wife and I have watched it twice and will watch it again. My $0.02

OK back to The Revenant, it is a beautifully filmed movie, as stated above. It was much better than I expected. And I agree he would have been dead in a couple weeks from infection!

But survive infection he did, and he continued to hunt and trap from Taos, NM to the Columbia River country until ambushed and murdered, with two companions, by the Arikara in February of 1833.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top