JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess everyone forgot what the gun industry was like in say 2000. There are more types of guns, with more accessories, made in the US today than at any time in living memory. Those who are dissatisfied with the situation are welcome to improve it, now is the time to change it for the better as 23 million new guns were sold in January.

This is normal for the human race. A lot of good whining about it, is going to do. The internet is the greatest thing ever. That doesn't mean you don't have to do some work, separating the wheat from the chaff, or exercising a little skepticism now and then.

Some people are full of it? Call the waaaambulance!

Any zombie that shows up here is just going to have to be satisfied with having their rotting brains splattered all over the front yard by a nice looking vintage rifle with a real SOLID Walnut stock and some serious bluing on the barrel and receiver. If they are lucky and I am in a good mood it will be over 100 years old and if not then maybe something from the Vintage Military side of the rack. I got buckets of 30M1 laying around here. And not a single green glow stick to be found anywhere.

Last Edited:
What I don't get, is his apparent surprise discovery that most reviewers are salesmen.
Listen carefully to the beginning of the reviews,they usually say something like (Hickok 45),thanks to b.uds guns for this gun to review....

Wow - did people forget that because it doesn't have a remote, you can't change the channel? Click the BS off if you don't want to hear it. I do it all the time with reviews. Just because someone has a platform doesn't mean you have to listen. Volume cranked up at the range and some idiot loud music turns me off immediately on youtube reviews. Then they start off with "hey youtube, what's up?" I don't think it has anything to do with lack of advancement by the industry, it's because anyone can post a review. The industry is at the highest capacity in history. That would be a good thing.
I watch some vids for about 10 seconds or till I'm done listening to the guy talk about how his neighbor was walking down the street and ......... what ever BS that wasn't related to any gun
You tube is perfect for guys. Your mouse is the remote,just change the channel and move on

Any zombie that shows up here is just going to have to be satisfied with having their rotting brains splattered all over the front yard by a nice looking vintage rifle with a real SOLID Walnut stock and some serious bluing on the barrel and receiver. If they are lucky and I am in a good mood it will be over 100 years old and if not then made something from the Vintage Military side of the rack. I got buckets of 30M1 laying around here. And not a single green glow stick to be found anywhere.
Mark W staring in The living dead (not that this was my favorite show or anything. NO the one below)

Just because someone has a platform doesn't mean you have to listen. Volume cranked up at the range and some idiot loud music turns me off immediately on youtube reviews. Then they start off with "hey youtube, what's up?"

If there was a "Forever 21" store for men, NutnFancy (on Youtube) would shop there. There's a dude EASILY in his mid/late thirties acting/talking like a young'un... and motor-mouths.... a lot. o_O:rolleyes:

I also am in the non-tactical liking camp.
Spent to many years carrying carrying a M16 /M203 /M21 on Uncle Sam's behalf to want one now.
I figure what I can do from how I was trained and how well I can shoot the rifles I do own is "tactical" enough.
That being said , I am not against anyone owning any of the copies of ( or the actual firearms ) of those above mentioned firearms. I feel that you should own what you want , without restrictions.

As for the "retardation" of the firearms industry" , I think quality has gone down hill.
To much use of plastic and non-repairable parts are used far to often , to my taste.
I really tried to like the Henry .22lr lever action rifle I bought a few years ago , but the plastic barrel band , front sight and "whatever" metal rear sight , just didn't work for me.
The many issues of Remington and Marlin also come to mind.
( safety recalls , hit and miss quality control etc... )
I understand the need for a inexpensive firearm , but inexpensive , dosen't have to mean cheap.

Also "retardation" can apply to the image of firearm owners.
All my life I have seen negative images of guns and firearm owners . Now with the internet and YouTube etc ... anyone can be a star and it seems that there are a lot of bad stereotypes of gun owners being shown out there.
It seems to me whether you are gun manufacturer or gun owner it pays in the long run to careful with what you say , what you do or how you produce your product.
Andy

Last Edited:
IMO, most "reviews" are more, "oh, look what I got" flaunting, rather than subject matter that's of use. Youtube is plagued. Also as mentioned, can the music, can the (hot looking) skanky chicks. What plague are they pushing? :rolleyes: Not meaning the chicks are not beauties, just out of place as a selling point.

Moving slightly OT.
The manufacturing industry (again IMO) is entirely backwards. Their sales model, cut size, lower cost. When it should be, retain size/portion, increase price as needed to retain profit margins. On the topic of plastic firearms, YMMV. I like things ala naturale.

I honestly think that the gun industry has adapted to 4 things.
1) Vets. In the past 16 years, the country produced soldiers and when those soldiers got out, they wanted to continue to shoot and they shot what the knew, M4's and such. With that, all the tactical toys came out with them.
2) Gamers. I think they took from the video gamers fantasy and was able to capitalize on it.
3) Last, Static shooting or standard range shooting is going out fast, people are shooting 3 gun and competitions and actually emphasizing the "sporting" part of shooting. It's not about hunting anymore, nor do most of us want it to be.
4) They are making it easier to learn/accomplish hitting the target. The tactical toys lasers and scopes are for making sure people hits the target and not something innocent behind it. The thought of people actually learning iron sights and such in my belief is like saying, you should not learn to drive a car if you can't master a manual clutch. Times are changing and the industry is getting bigger. Just look at SHOT Show.
I made my screen name because I taught/practiced and continue learning "tactical gunning" as a military member and a law enforcement officer . I started out shooting as a kid static, then went into law enforcement and learned a whole new world of shooting, then when I entered the military, I really learned the art of tactical shooting. A lot of people have dismissed the word tactical but tactics are practiced in a almost everything we do. You can hate the word, you can hate the evolution of the gun world but the old beauty of a 30-06 Lever action rifle is being replaced with the beauty of a tactical sporting rifle. Honestly, it has a huge place in the marketplace plus the advancement of firearms.

I also am in the non-tactical liking camp.
Spent to many years carrying carrying a M16 /M203 /M21 on Uncle Sam's behalf to want one now.
I figure what I can do from how I was trained and how well I can shoot the rifles I do own is "tactical" enough.
That being said , I am not against anyone owning any of the copies of ( or the actual firearms ) of those above mentioned firearms. I feel that you should own what you want , without restrictions.

As for the "retardation" of the firearms industry" , I think quality has gone down hill.
To much use of plastic and non-repairable parts are used far to often , to my taste.
I really tried to like the Henry .22lr lever action rifle I bought a few years ago , but the plastic barrel band , front sight and "whatever" metal rear sight , just didn't work for me.
The many issues of Remington and Marlin also come to mind.
( safety recalls , hit and miss quality control etc... )
I understand the need for a inexpensive firearm , but inexpensive , dosen't have to mean cheap.

Also "retardation" can apply to the image of firearm owners.
All my life I have seen negative images of guns and firearm owners . Now with the internet and YouTube etc ... anyone can be a star and it seems that there are a lot of bad stereotypes of gun owners being shown out there.
It seems to me whether you are gun manufacturer or gun owner it pays in the long run to careful with what you say , what you do or how you produce your product.
Andy

You know Andy, I agree to a point. I look at the standard M-16 A1-4 compared to the M4 and its weight. I remember carrying the M9 Beretta, and I believe it was a good gun but it was heavy, my thigh rig would start folding over and flop around during a patrol because of the weight. The plastic and introduction I believe is not a cost point, but a weight point. I think the industry listened to the operators of all the guns and I bet a lot of it was, great gun, but it weighs a ton. So what parts do you replace to keep the gun operational but reduce weight? Repairable parts now are a thing of the past when you can give someone a durable part for half the price and get the gun operational again.

IMO, most "reviews" are more, "oh, look what I got" flaunting, rather than subject matter that's of use. Youtube is plagued. Also as mentioned, can the music, can the (hot looking) skanky chicks. What plague are they pushing? :rolleyes: Not meaning the chicks are not beauties, just out of place as a selling point.

Moving slightly OT.
The manufacturing industry (again IMO) is entirely backwards. Their sales model, cut size, lower cost. When it should be, retain size/portion, increase price as needed to retain profit margins. On the topic of plastic firearms, YMMV. I like things ala naturale.

Your right, the review portion is silly and everyone kid that uses an airsoft gun (however i am not hating on airsoft) is a youtube sensation.

I respect your thoughts and position tacticalgunner.
However I am saddened by :
Lack of learning how to use iron sights.
"Its not about hunting anymore"
"repairable parts are a thing of the past"

Learning to hit with iron sights is not that difficult.
It just takes practice. I worry about the over reliance on the "bolt on add ons" and "buying skill" rather than taking the time to learn the skill.
Not that you advocate this in your post.
But I have out shot many a shooter with my Hawken copy or stock 03A3 or my iron sighted C.Z. 557, while they were using a "tactical rifle" of some sort. Often they were amazed that my "old fashioned" rifle would shoot that well. When asked how often do they practice , the answer is more likely boiled down to "not as much as you
( meaning me ) do" or "I thought 'cause I have a XYZ or whatever piece of tactical hardware , it wouldn't matter."
Its the line of thought that some tactical lovers have of "that I need this piece of hardware to shoot well." That bothers me .
Again not that you sound that way in your post , I just have experienced the above in the past.

Hunting is very important to me and many of my friends , it is upsetting to see the loss of interest in it.

I restore old guns and enjoy the beauty of turning a junker in to a working firearm again. So the lack of new guns with repairable parts is distressing as well.

Again I respect your position , We just seem to enjoy to very different aspects of the shooting world.
Andy

Last Edited:
It can be explained away any way you want but the word "tactical" has become nothing but a sales word to me.I'll buy something advertised as tacticool faster.At least the seller has a sense of humor

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top