JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Straight up!

Too much fancy mumbo jumbo crap in the market and too many people NOT doing proper T&E. Makes it hard to find purchases that I want because these guys just talk about how it looks in their hand, how it makes their sack swing low and how easily they found a holster for it. They brag about what LED tactical light they put on their firearm, but not about how practical it really is.

I want to know the other info. Crush test on that lower, how many rounds fired before a major malfunction, how many hot loads were ran through before cases got sticky and how long before the throat started to erode...

Ya know?

I agree. There is so much emphasis on gadgetry, image, and nonfunctional aesthetics, it make guns look like toys, and leads some to treat them as such. It's a quick step to filling a niche of gun styles that mimic what people see on movies and video games, while jettisoning the primary necessity of firearm safety, responsibility, and competence. Like it's been said many times, 80% of a gun's efficacy lies in the person operating it. Something that looks bad-bubblegum can be nothing but an accident waiting to happen, and the accompanying gimmicks an actual hindrance to a person achieving the appropriate skills, knowledge, and responsibility.
One of the popular reality gun shows had an episode where they custom manufactured a 1911 with pink furniture and 'bedazzled' with fake jewels for a hyper-image conscious adult film star (who had done a lot of 'customizing' of her own body as well . . .). It's just insulting to so many, for so many reasons, as well as symbolic of the overall trend in pop-culture, to see the venerable 1911 turned into a fashion accessory. Disgusting really in my opinion.
Now if that woman undertook the challenge of being a highly skilled marksman and responsible gun owner, that might belie the superficiality of the toy/fashion accessory image, but I doubt it.

Oddly enough, I usually see most of the idiocy when it comes to the brand name gear.

Some of it is quality, and that's what you pay for (along with distribution and R&D) HOWEVER.. Stuff thats been on the market and finely tuned such as standard USGI type LPKs are one fantastic example.. Charging nearly double for the EXACT thing.. Not to mention the industry gets into some stupid fads.

Its all good though, the customers dictate demand.. Its up to US to know that these reps are full of it and that cheaper products or better training is out there. I cannot blame the industry for that, a sucker is born every minute.. Had most of these suckers done their research they wouldnt opt to buy junk or train with know-nothing idiots.

Does his statement in the first paragraph make any sense?...

"Since around 2008, the firearm industry has taken a dramatic turn. It hasn't exploded like some predicted after the presidential elections."

Is he saying gun sales and production has remained flat?(it hasn't)
or, hasn't seen a big demand increase?(it did) or that some folks
expected the industry to suddenly contract? (wrong again)

While some valid points were raised (especially about some reviewers), it mostly reads like some of the very opinion pieces he's ranting about. He seems to have a problem with "hobbyists", and anyone that produces or uses anything that isn't combat approved and seems to think that those who lack enough experience shooting at people while under fire couldn't have a vald opinion.
Mostly, he just seems bored or jaded from watching too many idiots unpackaging their latest purchases on YouTube and wants to vent...and that I certainly understand.

What I don't get, is his apparent surprise discovery that most reviewers are salesmen.

Much of the cheap crap "add on" craziness started when the internet ninja was born playing video games in mommy's basement. They discovered how "assault rifles" could become a kind of substitute for playing with their sister's Barbie dolls...with the latest fashions, dye jobs, and shiny accessories. I think flooding YouTube with stupid videos is just something that 27 year old pajama boys do while they sit around playing "Doom" and "Call of Duty", while waiting for their testicles to someday descend.

Last Edited:
You all talk crap and make fun but when the zombies come, who will look silly? The guy without the neon green furniture with the bio hazard logos, that's who.

Seriously though there is some stupid stuff out there and some things that don't really make sense to me but all in all I think there are some pretty cool innovations coming out.

Wow - did people forget that because it doesn't have a remote, you can't change the channel? Click the BS off if you don't want to hear it. I do it all the time with reviews. Just because someone has a platform doesn't mean you have to listen. Volume cranked up at the range and some idiot loud music turns me off immediately on youtube reviews. Then they start off with "hey youtube, what's up?" I don't think it has anything to do with lack of advancement by the industry, it's because anyone can post a review. The industry is at the highest capacity in history. That would be a good thing.

Ruger precision rifle
Ruger American series
All the stuff Sig does to piss off the ATF
Multiple companies making American made AKs
80% kits

Off the top of my head. That's how a free market works, throw a bunch of crap out there and the consumer picks what it wants. If anyone is retarded it's the people buying some of this stuff.

You all talk crap and make fun but when the zombies come, who will look silly? The guy without the neon green furniture with the bio hazard logos, that's who.
Sooooooo it's not ok to kill zombies with neon green furniture now? Do I need to buy new furniture ? What color ? What if I don't like the new color, can I go back to neon green or will the zombies not die if I don't use the new color ? I get so confused when I have to make decisions based on recommendations, it's so much easier to just buy what I like !!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top