JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New Oregon laws taking effect on Jan. 1
+ about 10 other reasons....

We closed our business, and got out while the economy is still somewhat sane.
We are happier, healthier, and wiser. If we did it so can others, cause the grass is greener on the other side.
Where I live now, if you burn an American flag even the Mexicans will stop you !
And I can lend my shotgun to anyone want to.

Lets make America greater = hang all the lawyers first !

I'm sure the new taxes will go straight to the intended purpose and not be skimmed off and redirected to more important social issues. :rolleyes:

There must be a reason we don' get a bunch of people moving up here from down there, despite said hurricanes

Oh sure.

#1 many people only winter there.
#2 many people fly north when threatened with a hurricane.
#3 some just ride it out.

But the hurricanes are only going to get worse in number and severity. How many people evacuate from Orygun or WA state due to windstorms/etc.?

When I retire, I want to spend my winters where it is warmer and sunnier - probably New Zealand. But Florida is not for me - too many reptiles that bite, too many mosquitoes, too flat, too much swamp, too many hurricanes, too much humidity. I don't care for the east coast at all.

Good luck with the hurricanes
Our new home is out in the country, and built out of concrete blocks, tile roof, and hurricane windows.
All the steel doors open out, and we don't keep any junk outside.
By the way, I lived in Oregon 52 years, enough was enough.
Plus Oregon has earth quakes, rain and more rain , along with the cold there is more rain , and with a big quake in its future, if you believe the news....

And its 80 out side right now! And NOT raining...

I've been in the Pacific NorthWet for almost 64 years.

I don't care for the winters and rain either.

But compared to the rest of the USA the weather is relatively mild (west of the Cascades), agriculture is more or less self-supporting as is our hydro power. The rain keeps things green and supports the agriculture - so it would be worse if it rained less. Late spring to mid-fall, it is quite nice here.

To each their own. There are other sunny places that are not so flat, don't have swamps and reptiles that bite and don't have hurricanes as often.

I forgot to mention.. there is no Kate Brown here .. and I received my concealed permit in a half an hour.
The rain is just depressing, Im a hunter and a gardener and I just had enough of the rain.
What really put it over the top for us was the legal pot thing, half the people there walk around like zombies in the rain.
Ever been to Hawthorne district?

Ever been to Hawthorne district?

I avoid cities whenever possible. I work near downtown Portland (bordering the industrial district) but I rarely visit downtown proper. I live on ~20 forested acres in the Chehalem mountain ridge area. I get twice as much rain as the valley does (I have a rain gage) and I have SAD, so yeah, the rain is an issue.

I've spent a bit of time there, and I could live in Florida or other Southern states really easy.

They get some storms. We will get some earthquakes and/or volcanoes. There's no free ride, anywhere.

My sister lives in tornado alley, and has never seen a tornado in her life.

Oh sure.

#1 many people only winter there.
#2 many people fly north when threatened with a hurricane.
#3 some just ride it out.

But the hurricanes are only going to get worse in number and severity. How many people evacuate from Orygun or WA state due to windstorms/etc.?

When I retire, I want to spend my winters where it is warmer and sunnier - probably New Zealand. But Florida is not for me - too many reptiles that bite, too many mosquitoes, too flat, too much swamp, too many hurricanes, too much humidity. I don't care for the east coast at all.

Heretic,
I guess I look at it from a different perspective, we play in the swamps, shoot the critters, have hurricane insurance, and wear bug juice for the bugs. We ride ATVs on the street (country), talk on the phone & drive, bs with the cops all the time.There is just so much more to do here than back in Oregon, and I haven't even bought the boat yet.
The only thing I REALLY miss is deer hunting, but we have hogs and pythons to chase...

Heretic,
I guess I look at it from a different perspective, we play in the swamps, shoot the critters, have hurricane insurance, and wear bug juice for the bugs. We ride ATVs on the street (country), talk on the phone & drive, bs with the cops all the time.There is just so much more to do here than back in Oregon, and I haven't even bought the boat yet.
The only thing I REALLY miss is deer hunting, but we have hogs and pythons to chase...

Makes me homesick! If you want deer hunting just get a little north of the Florida border. Shoot, there is good deer hunting in the panhandle as well as turkeys!

Just a point of view :D over the next ten years the US population is going to move simply because of the new tax bill. It's about money and everything is changing. States like Oregon are raising taxes to feed their waste while other states are growing businesses to pay their way. Since the dems took over the oregon government they have worked on managing the decline of living standards for Oregonians. They are anti business, have ruined hunting and fishing and taxed gun sales beyond reason. They would rather see Oregonians living on the streets than having a good job.

It would be better if the dems leave the state and let it return to a pro growth pro freedom state it was but it's going to take the good people of Oregon asking them to leave for the state to be grateful again.:)

FEBA: Forward Edge of the Battle Area; aka "Behind Enemy Lines".

Spent the majority of my 24 year career out in the FEBA...

That's why I'm staying in Oregon; there could a bonus....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top