JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"History is written by the victors" Winston Churchill

Gunfight Rules ...

In a gunfight, the most important rule is ..... HAVE A GUN!!!

These are shooting tips from various Concealed Carry Instructors.

If you own a gun, you will appreciate these rules...

If not, you should get one, learn how to use it and learn the rules:

RULES:

A : Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians.

B : Its always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

C : Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you.

D : Never let someone or something that threatens you get inside arm's length

E : Never say "I've got a gun." If you need to use deadly force, the first sound they should hear is the safety clicking off.

F : The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes; the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

G : The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always Win - there is no such thing as a fair fight. Always Win - cheat if necessary.

H : Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets ....You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it because it will be empty .

I : If you're in a gun fight:

(a) If you're not shooting, you should be loading.
(b) If you're not loading, you should be moving.
(c) If you're not moving, you're dead.

J : In a life and death situation, do something .... it may be wrong, but do something !

K : If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

L : You can say 'stop' or any other word, but a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much a universal language; and, you won't have to press 1 for Spanish/Mexican or 2 for Chinese or 3 for Arabic.

M : Never leave an enemy behind. If you have to shoot, shoot to kill. In court, yours will be the only testimony.

N : You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading"

1) " G : The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always Win - there is no such thing as a fair fight. Always Win - cheat if necessary. "
Since there are no rules, there is no "cheat."

2) K : If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?
When people say "What are you afraid of?" I answer "Not much."

3) "M : Never leave an enemy behind. If you have to shoot, shoot to kill. In court, yours will be the only testimony."
You don't shoot to kill, wound, upbraid, or teach a lesson. You shoot to stop harm to yourself or those you care about enough to protect with lethal force. Now it just happens that shooting to stop the threat also involves the likelihood of inflicting death or GBH, bit that's as an unintended consequence, not the original intent. It's still your story against that of the Orc's corpse, but you were acting out of necessity rather than malice.

1) " G : The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always Win - there is no such thing as a fair fight. Always Win - cheat if necessary. "
Since there are no rules, there is no "cheat."

2) K : If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?
When people say "What are you afraid of?" I answer "Not much."

3) "M : Never leave an enemy behind. If you have to shoot, shoot to kill. In court, yours will be the only testimony."
You don't shoot to kill, wound, upbraid, or teach a lesson. You shoot to stop harm to yourself or those you care about enough to protect with lethal force. Now it just happens that shooting to stop the threat also involves the likelihood of inflicting death or GBH, bit that's as an unintended consequence, not the original intent. It's still your story against that of the Orc's corpse, but you were acting out of necessity rather than malice.

Train to do it by the book, especially if in a liberal sh!thole like Slezzattle or Potland.... And do not assume that there will not be video, you know everyone and their brother has a cell phone nowadays.:(

Last Edited:
If you are in a fight for survival ....
The only thing you need to do is survive.

SHTF will play by its own rules....not yours.

Sometimes the best way to survive ... is by avoiding the situation.
Andy

" Sometimes the best way to survive ... is by avoiding the situation. "

I would think avoiding it is ALWAYS the best way to survive.
That failing, the shot in the back from across the street (Ref. Judge Roy Bean and Bad Bob) is the next best choice.

" Sometimes the best way to survive ... is by avoiding the situation. "

I would think avoiding it is ALWAYS the best way to survive.
That failing, the shot in the back from across the street (Ref. Judge Roy Bean and Bad Bob) is the next best choice.

Maybe...but...
More than a few times for me at least in combat....I could not avoid or even break contact..so...
I needed to take other actions in order to survive.

Now to be sure ...that is not going to be the case for everyone or every SHTF situation...
But combat is a very SHTF situation....

I personally do not like the term "Always" in regards to rules....
Life is not made of absolutes....so "Always" may not always apply....:D
Andy

Maybe...but...
More than a few times for me at least in combat....I could not avoid or even break contact..so...
I needed to take other actions in order to survive.

Now to be sure ...that is not going to be the case for everyone or every SHTF situation...
But combat is a very SHTF situation....

And I personally do not like the term "Always" in regards to rules....
Life is not made of absolutes....so "Always" may not always apply....:D
Andy

ALWAYS make sure your boots are laced up.... :D

Just an observation from the outside - More aimed at the others outside, as Veterans have nothing to learn from me.

The day one of us has to clear the holster and apply our training will not be a philosophical day. It will be a Third Monkey in line for Noah's Ark and it is starting to rain moment and our response and ultimate survival will depend on what we have learned, be it from live instruction, videos, friends, etc.

You cannot train for every possible scenario, but the more you do train, the more likely you will have an appropriate response on that day.

The opposite is also true.

Now it just happens that shooting to stop the threat also involves the likelihood of inflicting death or GBH, bit that's as an unintended consequence, not the original intent. It's still your story against that of the Orc's corpse, but you were acting out of necessity rather than malice.

It's still that reload while standing over the poor dying miscreant that gets you caught up... Wasn't there a gal that tried to explain that to the jury???

Also, NEVER pick up the soap in front of a horny pig! :eek:

Or Stomper!!!

dang, I thought you guys were wearing some sort of funky rubber boots!

:D:s0140:

Army guys have big condoms...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top