JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So there are threads about those who sold and miss them after.

I never regretted selling any of the ones I have.

My real regrettable decisions are the ones I did not buy.

Those opportunities that arise, to get something that you may have truly wanted, but for some reason you don't follow through.

Then a bit later that firearm either disappears into the abyss never to be seen again, or the next time you see one it's value has doubled or tripled placing it out of your budget.

My regrets where not to invest in more AK guns. Only a few short years ago Aimsurplus and many more like it had AK variants for 300-500 dollars. I owned a VEPR when they released the Hunter versions, and never thought at that time to just buy it. Especially since back then those models were not really desirable and were selling for 500-600 dollars. Also there were the unfinished Veprs that came into the states with unfinished stocks, meant to be removed and replaced with traditional AK stocks. I remember these going for $400 on some sites.

1574362994407.jpeg
1574363036534.jpeg

Another regrettable decision was passing up a Deagle from a friend. He offered to sell it to me for $600 dollars. It was the ugly as sin gold striped one. I just didn't need it. Looking back, I should have just bought it at that price...

Whats your regrettable, I should have bought it moment?

So there are threads about those who sold and miss them after.

I never regretted selling any of the ones I have.

My real regrettable decisions are the ones I did not buy.

Those opportunities that arise, to get something that you may have truly wanted, but for some reason you don't follow through.

Then a bit later that firearm either disappears into the abyss never to be seen again, or the next time you see one it's value has doubled or tripled placing it out of your budget.

My regrets where not to invest in more AK guns. Only a few short years ago Aimsurplus and many more like it had AK variants for 300-500 dollars. I owned a VEPR when they released the Hunter versions, and never thought at that time to just buy it. Especially since back then those models were not really desirable and were selling for 500-600 dollars. Also there were the unfinished Veprs that came into the states with unfinished stocks, meant to be removed and replaced with traditional AK stocks. I remember these going for $400 on some sites.

View attachment 634684
View attachment 634685

Another regrettable decision was passing up a Deagle from a friend. He offered to sell it to me for $600 dollars. It was the ugly as sin gold striped one. I just didn't need it. Looking back, I should have just bought it at that price...

Letting my stepdad talk me out of buying mosins when they were 80 bucks at big 5.

Bitcoin. I had briefly considered it and thought it was scam. Yet, even $100, a frivolous amount, back in 2010, would have made me a multi-millionaire if not sold impulsively on ups. It was trading around 6 cents, so $100 would have purchased around 1660 shares. Today, bitcoin is $7500 per share. So if left untouched, that same $100 would be something like $12.5 million dollars... I don't even like to think about it much, really. But a trivial amount of money could have created more wealth than I can imagine if I had just placed a trade... Sigh...

Related to guns, thankfully not much. It's impossible to predict what will get hot or cold, and there's so many variables such as political winds to make it very hard to gauge. My advice is that if you have the money and want it, then buy it at a reasonable price.

I paid too much for some guns. I got some for a lot less than they are currently worth. It all seems to work out, since I don't sell it doesn't keep me up at night. Sure, if I could go back, I'd hoard up all the $50 Mosins and $100 K31s and $500 Colt Pythons. Or I'd have waited to buy the ARs until now when they are 1/2 what they used to be.

I do recall two I do wish I had bought. In 2009 during the start of the Obama scare, I was at a gun show when there was a frenzy to buy ARs and AKs. One fella had a nice blued Colt Python for $600 and I passed on it. And when the Saigas were new to the market, I wanted the 12 gauge and Carolina Guns had them for something like $400 and I waited too long and never got one. When all Saigas were low priced, I thankfully did pick up a few, but should have gotten more.

Oh well. Just learned to keep an eye out for what's hot and new, and good chance to appreciate, and/or be very enjoyable.

Keep on keepin' on.

Last Edited:
Letting my stepdad talk me out of buying mosins when they were 80 bucks at big 5.

Agreed. You could hand pick at Big 5 too, I remember the guy bringing them out in bunches and me looking them over. There was every variation possible.

I kinda regret not buying the spam cans of 7.62x54r when they were $99/440 rounds.

Agreed. You could hand pick at Big 5 too, I remember the guy bringing them out in bunches and me looking them over. There was every variation possible.

I kinda regret not buying the spam cans of 7.62x54r when they were $99/440 rounds.
i believe there was a bulk discount as well. G.D., i wish i hadn't listened to that guy sometimes.

I remember when you could get a luger for 20 bucks, with accoutrements, A nearly pristine one for less than 30.
I wanted one, but as a youth, owning a car and keeping it running was the gateway to freedom, (which meant the wilderness to me) consuming much discretionary money. Another ten years passed before I bought my first pistol. it wasn't the impracticable luger, though with recent prices for them now, made them practicable in hind sight.,
It was A nearly new, polished blue, S&W 25-5 in 45 long colt.) I paid 125 with belt and holster and two and a half boxes of ammo. I still have it, and still shoots well. I've shot a bucket load of lead through it over the years and has never had any issues the 25-5 was accredited to have.

In 1987, Everett, Washington, gun store had a Calico 9 mm carbine with 1) 50 & 1) 100 round magazine, $249....
Me: Damn that's nice I should buy that.
Me: Damn, that thing would be hard to conceal.
Me: Sir, let me look at that Smith&Wesson 439 that's on the second shelf in the back....:confused::confused::confused:

Thankfully I bought a bunch of those.

I did not wait till they were selling for 3-4 hundred though like they are now.

I did stock up on 880 crates from SFAmmo when they were $120 shipped.

I've had to much fun buying, selling and trading over the years. Had some good, some bad and broke even from time to time so, I've no regerts!:D Can't take any of them with me when I go anyway!:rolleyes:

I learned the hard way as well. Missed the boat on a few things..
This is why I pull the trigger on anything that catches my eye. Some call it being impulsive.. but now I own what I want when I want and have no regrets.

I too missed the Vepr opportunity. Went with Saiga back in the day... I should have held off selling them for the post import ban prices. :mad:.. live and learn.

Last Edited:
Bitcoin. I had briefly considered it and thought it was scam. Yet, even $100, a frivolous amount, back in 2010, would have made me a multi-millionaire if not sold impulsively on ups. It was trading around 6 cents, so $100 would have purchased around 166,000 shares. Today, bitcoin is $7500 per share. So if left untouched, that same $100 would be something like $1.2 billion dollars... I don't even like to think about it much, really. But a trivial amount of money could have created more wealth than I can imagine if I had just placed a trade... Sigh...

I hate to even look at that. When this first got going I watched for a while. Finally decided what the hell, I will toss a C note into it. Idea being I fully expected to lose some if not all but, why not. It was such a PITA to buy I gave up. Man oh man if I had just taken the time to do it. Now days of course it's super simple to buy, too late of course :s0054::eek:

Back in 2009, I had the opportunity to buy a Mac-11 in great shape for $2,900. I passed and now the Macs going for more than twice that. In general, I wish I would have gotten into the machine-gun game earlier.

As to selling one; nothing really comes to mind. I dump a piece if they are junk or they're good, but I've lost interest. Ergo, no real regrets.

Now that I started building AR's I keep wondering why in the hell did I not try this LONG ago At least that is no big deal other than I now am like kid in a candy store.:D
Selling? Back when Mil Surp 1911's ran the same or often less than a NIB 70 Series, often in excellent shape. Would buy one, shoot it for a while, let someone talk me out of it. SOOOO wish I would have kept at least one of those and at least one of the several Mil-Surp M-1 Carbines that were also everywhere then. The 1911's only because it would be nice to have one just to have. The M-1's because now you can't find one without paying many times what I used to get them for.

This is a hindsight 20/20 kind of post. Would you still feel the same way if they halved in price? Probably not. Let's talk about so the stocks we "should have" bought while we're at it.

My regretful thing is not buying a Glock sooner. For years I just didn't want anything to do with them, then logic prevailed and I own 8.

I regret that my father did not buy a Lahti 20mm anti tank rifle back in the day.

Yah, or just about anything full auto.

My Dad remembers seeing surplus Browning BAR's way back in the day in shops for just a "few hundred dollars". Course, he also admits in hindsight , they were un-affordable for them...

Makes one wonder how many were scooped up & then papered when that time came, vs how many are just stashed away somewheres...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top