JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have used one for years. I get the fifty Feather Brand blades on Amazon and the last me more than a year. I shave face except for my lip and all of my head.

A good brush and a quality soft shaving soap along with a towel steamer will give you a shave tha's far better than any plastic ten blade wonder razor.

I've finally hit on the perfect solution (for me).

Tried every shaving fad, just recently went back to safety razors. Still not satisfied.

Tried a beard, multiple times. My face always ends up itchy and red, probably need to wash it more, but that's just the problem, it is hard to wash with a full beard. Also it's not "me".

Now, I just take my handy Wahl trimmer, and once a month (whether I need it or not) take my proto-beard back down to the stubble stage. That's it! No more shaving, no more cuts, no more itchy face, easy to clean, etc. Doesn't even look half-bad either. Miami Vice! :)

Well, maybe not Miami Vice, maybe more like grizzled old fart, heh.

Guess I'm lucky. I just later up with regular hand soap and use the 3 bladed cartridge types. Blades seem to last a really long time. Biggest problem is figuring out which one of the 50 or so types of refills are supposed to fit.

http://hiconsumption.com/2016/04/50-cal-bmg-bullet-razor/

50-Cal-BMG-Bullet-Razor-1.jpg

I have decided to go back to the old DE safety razor for my shaving needs.

On purpose!? :s0153: :s0153:

I still shave with a good old twin blade Atra. I tried a safety razor for 6 weeks. Bought some nice soap, a nice badger brush, an assortment of different blades to try, etc. I wanted to like it. I really did. But I just can't figure out why some guys like it. It takes three times as long...lather, shave down...lather, shave up...lather shave back to front...etc. And in the end it doesn't do any better than my Atra does at 1/3rd the time. Why anyone would want to invest that much time in shaving is beyond me. And maybe that's it. Maybe some guys just like shaving. I hate it.

Good luck to you OP! :)

Friend, I can't argue with any of your points. One of the conditions of my employment is that I keep my face mostly scraped free of whiskers otherwise I would grow a full beard.

Since going back to the DE and its necessary rituals I find myself to be one of those guys who enjoy shaving again.

My scuttle arrived a week ago and it lives up to it's reputation. Warm lather on repeated passes is great. I bought one with the spider web pattern in the inner bowl.

I am buying one for my son, who is stationed in Okinawa, and will get him one with the swirl pattern; I find that the spider web design tends to trap the soap a little more than I care for.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top