JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello,

I know very little about AK47's but would like to purchase one for my own reasons. I don't care so much about name but I'd like it to be affordable and decently built. Someone in the middle of the road as far as quality goes....I don't have to have a top of the line aresenal. What would you buy if you just wanted something to take out, put a bunch of rounds though, and know it was going to work everytime. (AK's already have a good rep for running, I know) :) Probably wouldn't spend more than 5-600 unless it made sense to break a price threshold or someone was willing to trade for a bunch of ammo. Thanks.

Last Edited:
I've always been told by those that know more than I do.........The Romanian AK 47 is a good choice in the quality category. The same advisers told me to avoid the Chinese and Russian models in favor of the Romanian. I don't know the specifics of the other models. I own a Romanian AK 47 (stamped) single stack and it works everytime no matter what. I put a long synthetic stock on mine and have a 2-7 power scope mounted. The long stock lets me shoot it like a regular hunting rifle and the scope is a plus. With Wolf steel case 120gr hollow points, I can keep a pie plate ventilated at 100yds. I bought some American made brass case ammo to try and see if it is capable of better accuracy. I've always been told the AK was never meant to shoot all that accurately.............I'll see.

I have a tapco t6 stock and a red dot on my sks paratrooper (shorter barrel, not as accurate as a longer barrel but hey, it's cooler;)).

Pie plates at a hundred yards is child's play:)

I honestly don't shoot much past 150 yards though because of my locations so I'm no sure how it would do out past that.

I'd say get a M10 because I have one and I have yet to have any problems in over 1k rounds. I kid you not, I had one primer issue with a round and that was it. Not a single jam and I trust my life with it. But they have gone up in price so if you are not picky like I am as far as AK s being built with used parts and CAI builds, I'd go with the M70. I'll provide you with some links. Personally I would stay the heck away from I.O. AK s.... I looked at a few in person and they are just flimsy and cheap feeling. I'd take a WASR any day over an I.O. inc.

M70 underfolder, but you might not like how the stock feels against your face.
http://www.jgsales.com/yugo-m70ab2-...underfolder-stock,-grenade-sight.-p-1388.html

A little heavy but bad a$$ if you ask me.
http://www.jgsales.com/romanian-aes...-no-bipod,-wood-club-foot-stock.-p-63074.html

Second type of cool and a little weight, if you want a milled one, I hear nothing but good about these and it's right at your limit.
http://www.jgsales.com/cai-centurio...blonde-wood-stock,-usa-mfg,-new.-p-67157.html

And this has a nice price.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/36_756/products_id/83742/Rifles/Century International Arms Inc.

This is my opinion so people in here shouldn't get their panties tied in a bunch lol ;)

Go with an sks if your in the 5-600 range.

I've never had mine fail.

I'll second that. Especially if you can find the one that takes AK mags. I miss my SKS. Fun plinker that kept on going.

no functional difference between milled and stamped, people like to talk them up as "smoother" or "more accurate"...they are just heavier and more expensive.

An AK is a 3MOA gun, once you accept this, you'll be fine.

Stick to factory built guns for your first few...

The PAPs are the best deal going right now.

go to youtube, check out the reviews, via video, pretty interesting. Milled are heavy, but, built well. They are more expensive. The stamped are more affordable. Full stock , under folder,over folder, side folder. They all do the same thing, shoot forever, with very little maintenance.If you use corrosive ammo, you must clean them, its not that big of a deal. Very easy to break down, and clean. Do the review thing it will help you immensely. Good luck.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top