JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just in case no ones seen this. I haven't found any info here yet so feel free to point me in a direction if I'm in the wrong place. I've read the bill and it's appalling. The text of the bill is here in Word format.
I highly doubt, Paul Kramer, (Ecosystem Science/Plant & Soil Science) Mukilteo resident and citizen sponsor of Reduce Assault Weapon Violence Initiative wrote the bill even though that's what's getting peddled.

Make no mistake, this is backed by the Alliance for Gun Responsibility and does nothing (again) in the way of protecting your constitutional rights much less allowing you to protect yourself in your own home.
Here's some text in the initiative..
(30) "Semiautomatic assault rifle" means any rifle which utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round, and which requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge.

Submission here
Submitted date:

4/23/2018 8:09 AM
Public Contact Information:
PO Box 21712
Seattle, WA 98111
Phone: 2069097641
[email protected]

It's the blame an object instead of blame the person rhetoric. Never mind there's how many variations/definitions of an assault weapon and none of them make a lick of sense? Except this initiative goes the extra step and makes EVERY semi-auto rifle an assault weapon. This initiative is doing the heart string tug to validate their position like they did with I-1491 here in Washington.

It also adds to our current pistol registry, SA rifle purchases by amending RCW 9.41.090 and converts the "may" in RCW 9.41.129 to a "shall":
bubblegum.png

And here is where the registry we have grows fangs:

registry.png

While I agree that criminals shouldn't have guns, the issue becomes dangerous if the state decides to arbitrarily start labeling people as criminals or decides that certain health services render a person ineligible. Where that rabbit hole ends is anyone's guess.

This is some serious bubblegum-ed up bubblegum.

We've all seen how our brothers and sisters in OR are fighting back in the unconstitutional initiatives..........
Oregon - Gun Confiscation Ballot Measure Update

Is there anything of the likes that we can do to slow or stop the process of I1637 and I1639 here in WA?
I can't seem to find anything, but then again, according to the initiative sponsors I'm just some knuckle dragging, xenophobic, homophobic racist red neck Nazi gun nut, too stupid to understand common sense.............

We up here in need to start organizing or this initiative will be bought by the anti-gun billionaires (just like the last couple have been).

Ray

We've all seen how our brothers and sisters in OR are fighting back in the unconstitutional initiatives..........
Oregon - Gun Confiscation Ballot Measure Update

Is there anything of the likes that we can do to slow or stop the process of I1637 and I1639 here in WA?
I can't seem to find anything, but then again, according to the initiative sponsors I'm just some knuckle dragging, xenophobic, homophobic racist red neck Nazi gun nut, too stupid to understand common sense.............

We up here in need to start organizing or this initiative will be bought by the anti-gun billionaires (just like the last couple have been).

Ray

Well, after looking l little better, we have until 16 May to challenge the title and summary.

https://www.sos.wa.gov/_assets/elections/initiatives/initiative and referenda handbook 2017 .pdf
SOS WA said:
Any person dissatisfied with either the ballot title or summary prepared by the Attorney General may file a challenge by petitioning the Thurston County Superior Court in Olympia. The challenge must be filed within five (5) working days of the filing of the ballot title and summary with the Office of the Secretary of State. The court is required to expeditiously review the ballot title and summary and render
a decision within five (5) days. The decision of the court is final.

I will be working on something the next couple of days and try to mention about the term "semi automatic assault rifle", the registration, the fee to buy a firearm, unconstitutional gun storage and everything else I can find.

I hope more WA gun owners will be willing to do the same.

Ray

Well, after looking l little better, we have until 16 May to challenge the title and summary.

https://www.sos.wa.gov/_assets/elections/initiatives/initiative and referenda handbook 2017 .pdf

I will be working on something the next couple of days and try to mention about the term "semi automatic assault rifle", the registration, the fee to buy a firearm, unconstitutional gun storage and everything else I can find.

I hope more WA gun owners will be willing to do the same.

Ray

Ray I would also mention into your petition that this initiative covers more than one aspect and that right there should get it thrown out on its own merit.
On another note I do believe that initiatives are not supposed to infringe on any rights of citizens as per the Washington Constitution.

I'm in Ray this is total horse sheit!! We need to stop this dead and make everyone take notice.

I know that @Caveman Jim will also fight this!

I'm all in too brother. I have been working with others forums up here in Wa and there are some things in the works that did not stem from private forums but from other freedom loving sources.;)

Sounds like they want to turn the gun fee's into a cash cow to fund more crap on mental illness, another Political creation that has failed...

Once again, why is it only gun owners are being held up for ransom...???:mad::mad::mad:

Sounds like they want to turn the gun fee's into a cash cow to fund more crap on mental illness, another Political creation that has failed...

Once again, why is it only gun owners are being held up for ransom...???:mad::mad::mad:

Exactly, this is what drives me nuts and the MSM and liberal politicians will not even lend a deaf ear to.
This is a fact that should be on bumper stickers, back windows of pickup trucks and in conversations with whoever will listen to the real "common sense" message.

As you know, Oregonians are commenting on proposed gun control initiatives. The following thread link presents a legal challenge prepared for the Oregon Outdoor Council. For those planning to comment on the WA proposal, this may provide some guidance relative to approach. The next link is to the challenge document itself by legal counsel on behalf of the Oregon Outdoor Council. The document is worth a read.

Outdoorcouncil legal submission against IB 43
http://oregonoutdoorcouncil.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/2018.05.08-comments-on-IP-43.pdf

As you know, Oregonians are commenting on proposed gun control initiatives. The following thread link presents a legal challenge prepared for the Oregon Outdoor Council. For those planning to comment on the WA proposal, this may provide some guidance relative to approach. The next link is to the challenge document itself by legal counsel on behalf of the Oregon Outdoor Council. The document is worth a read.

http://oregonoutdoorcouncil.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/2018.05.08-comments-on-IP-43.pdf

Now that was thoroughly confusing in a good way, it's hard to read lawyer speak. Thanks for the heads up.;)

Last Edited:

Now that was thoroughly confusing in a good way but it's hard to read lawyer speak. Thanks for the heads up.;)

This might be my argument against new gun laws:

What if :
I made the statement that all followers of a certain religion were dangerous...
Proposed that you needed a license or permit to belong to a certain religion...
Cited examples of certain religious texts or passages that may be construed as to being more dangerous than others or even deadly to others , simply based on a reading of the text without proper context...
Suggested an age of 21 before being able to belong to a church...
Said that there must be limits on how you can pray or how many times a day you can pray...
Set a limit on just how many religious books or texts you could have in your home , on your person or how you may carry or even read said books....

All of the above , we are told is absurd / bad / hurtful / racist / illegal , etc...when applied to various religions and their followers...So
Why is it okay to use that same "logic" on firearms and firearm owners...?
Andy

This might be my argument against new gun laws:

What if :
I made the statement that all followers of a certain religion were dangerous...
Proposed that you needed a license or permit to belong to a certain religion...
Cited examples of certain religious texts or passages that may be construed as to being more dangerous than others or even deadly to others , simply based on a reading of the text without proper context...
Suggested a age of 21 before being able to belong to a church...
Said that there must be limits on how you can pray or how many times a day you can pray...
Set a limit on just how many religious books or texts you could have in your home , on your person or how you may carry or even read said books....

All of the above , we are told is absurd / bad / hurtful / racist / illegal when applied to various religions and their followers...So
Why is it okay to use that same "logic" on firearms and firearm owners...?
Andy

Here in lies the problem Andy. They see that as well as we do, but since they can't do that and the group uses guns to do horrible acts against other people its easier to just attack the object so that they aren't labeled as racist. o_O

FYI I know your not saying that a certain church or religion is the reason for this, or is a terrorist cell or something. I hope that made sense. I am only one cup of coffee in for the day. :D

You are correct that I am not saying a certain religion is the reason....

Folks would think I was absurd for thinking that...but it is okay to think that certain guns are or gun owners are a threat....

Using the same logic that one thinks is absurd for one group of people , then using it the same way , on another group is somehow okay...is absurd , was my point...
Andy

FYI I know your not saying that a certain church or religion is the reason for this, or is a terrorist cell or something. I hope that made sense. I am only one cup of coffee in for the day. :D

Easy answer; Ignore the decrees of the domestic enemy, and become a law breaker. When one becomes a law breaker, these laws no longer apply for the plain and simple fact they are not written to deal with 'criminals'

I am swamped at work, but I will try to file a complain too. Even if it isn't legally sound I will try to make it logical. We need to overwhelm them with a huge # of complaints that they have to sort through!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top