JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe @bolus or @DuneHopper can she'd some light on a question..... Are these people 1099'd or how does that work?? Sounds like a person could make some good money doing this....
I wonder who is bankrolling them?? :rolleyes:
There is about $2.4 million in donations to "Safe Schools Safe Communities" for 1639 as seen here: Campaign Finance Information at the PDC (see the "contributions" tab)

About 92% of the money came from just 5 people, ~98% from 10 people. Paul Allen alone is almost half at $1,023,900. No surprise that all of those top 10 are in King County.

And the anti-gun crowd has the audacity to claim that the pro-gun crowd is a front for the "rich gun lobby" while they are a "grassroots movement". :mad:

Today out side of Chucks (Mill Plain store) I looked at the Petition and is super small print and unreadable without a vision aid. Like 1/8th inch tall letters. I couldn't read it. But the rude guy getting signatures had a "copy" of it.
Told us to leave and we told him we had every Constitutional right to speak as he did to get signatures in "Public."
He sets up every morning before the store opens and is there all day.

In oregon there are signature gathering companies. I dont know how much they get paid but the couple that I talked to was around minimum wage. $10 a signature seems crazy. IP 44 in Oregon hired Direct Action Partners to do their signature gathering and they have been paid $30,000 so far. To get the 88,000 signatures that would be at least $880,000 plus all the overhead? I really doubt a signature gathering company makes a million or more per IP.

You hire the company, pay them a set fee for x-many signatures, they handle the background checks etc. I'm sure they hire their signature gatherers at minimum wage. Not like you need a college degree to erode your democracy.

Just like someone who works for the Mafia, they are pressured heavily and risk getting black listed if they do work on something a politician does not like.

All seven companies were paid off in Oregon to not work with our recall petition.

Does Washington have something like ORESTAR in oregon that publicly lists every contribution and expenditure?

This is what is listed.
https://www.pdc.wa.gov/browse/campaign-explorer/committee?filer_id=SAFESS 194&election_year=2018

One can be hopeful. Look at the money spent for corrupt Hil-liar-y and yet she still lost. Its not a grass root initiative and would like to think that We the People have a voice for reason. It disgusts me that the liberal leaning counties dictate policy in our state. You have a voice, you have a right use it wisely.

Last Edited:
Today out side of Chucks (Mill Plain store) I looked at the Petition and is super small print and unreadable without a vision aid. Like 1/8th inch tall letters. I couldn't read it. But the rude guy getting signatures had a "copy" of it.
Told us to leave and we told him we had every Constitutional right to speak as he did to get signatures in "Public."
He sets up every morning before the store opens and is there all day.
Thanks. I have been driving around looking for places to go to counter the petitioners. It only takes a few minutes to contact Chucks produce and let them know how you feel about petitioners bothering you. Let them know Safeway and other companies have polocies against petioning on their property.

Glad I donate to SAF!
SAF, CCRKBA CONTEND I-1639 INVALID; 'DOESN'T MEET LEGAL GUIDELINES'

BELLEVUE, WA – The Second Amendment Foundation and Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms today raised serious new concerns about the validity of Initiative 1639, the gun control measure now gathering signatures, because petitions do not appear to meet state-mandated guidelines for having a "full, true, and correct copy of the proposed measure" printed on the back.
Having already raised the issue of readability as required by state law, the two organizations now believe that in its printed form on the back of each petition, I-1639 does not meet the "full, true and correct" requirement. SAF and CCRKBA examined the printed text on an official petition and discovered that language designated to be changed or removed is not "lined out," nor are proposed new statutory additions underlined as they appear in the version submitted to the state and published on the Secretary of State's website.
"We warned earlier this week that the tiny print on I-1639 petitions makes the document unreadable according to several people who have contacted us," said SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan M. Gottlieb. "If you look closely, which requires a magnifying glass, this new problem becomes obvious.
"We immediately advised our attorney about this," he added. "He already reached out to the initiative sponsors about the readability issue, but they didn't respond. If they are so careless about knowing what is, or is not, shown on their own petitions, how is anyone else supposed to know?
"They're asking people to sign an initiative that is difficult, if not impossible to read," Gottlieb observed. "And now we've discovered that even if people can read the fine print, it does not appear to be a 'true and correct copy' of the proposed measure as submitted to the state.
"What are voters supposed to think about this," he wondered. "How are they supposed to know what they're being asked to change? How can they tell the difference between what would become law, and what would be replaced? Are they simply expected to sign a document they can't read and vote on a measure they don't understand? That's not democracy, that's Trojan Horse politics.
"If these petitions, which are not compliant with state law, are turned in," Gottlieb vowed, "our organizations will seek to have them invalidated by the court."

And for your further edification:

Is WA Gun Control Measure Trying to Undermine State Preemption?

Buried in the text of a gun control initiative now gathering signatures in Washington State is a proposed change in the language of a pamphlet published by the state Department of Fish and Wildlife that would eliminate notification to gun buyers about the state preemption law that essentially nullifies local laws and ordinances on firearms.

Is WA Gun Control Measure Trying to Undermine State Preemption? - Liberty Park Press

I'll be at the WA Arms Collector's Puyallup gun show Saturday. Donations to SAF's "Bucket of Bucks" will be appreciated, as I sorta think there's a lawsuit on the horizon.

One can be hopeful. Look at the money spent for corrupt Hil-liar-y and yet she still lost. Its not a grass root initiative and would like to think that We the People have a voice for reason. It disgusts me that the liberal leaning counties dictate policy in our state. You have a voice, you have a right use it wisely.

Something not being grass roots is alone something that is concerning to me.

Greetings,

I encountered one of the signature gatherers coming out of the Big W last night around 730.

He started with one of the another initiatives first and then went to 1639.

It was brief...

Him: blah blah...raises the age to buy an assault rifle from 18 to 21.

Me: What's an assault rifle?

Him: Umm, I'm not sure.

After a moment of silence, he just takes his signing sheet and kind of takes a half-step back. There was no offer to read anything or have any further discussion. Not even a 'You can read it on line.' At which point I just politely walked away...

They obviously know that engaging with Pro 2A people isn't in their benefit, as it may lead to others hearing and then not signing the petition. And/or he just plain doesn't care...i
f he had any actual interest, by now, he would have had an answer.

I also happened to pass through a couple gun stores in my travels today as well. Don't recall seeing/hearing a single thing about it, which just baffles me:confused:. I would think that they'd all have at least some effort to educate/inform their clientele.o_O

'After the fact' outrage isn't going to be productive...

BOSS

wow, $2.3 million. Yeah, they can hire a ton of minimum wage people to help a billionaire erode their own freedoms.

If this is what the people want, perhaps they dont deserve any freedom.

No kidding. I didn't even have much of an opinion on the matter until it started making rounds in the media. Seemed like common sense that people should be able to defend themselves in a country with a constitution that gives you the right to do so. It amazes me daily that some minimum wage signature clowns and sensational one liners are enough to get people to conveniently forget that.

I would like to go on record and ask "How much $$$ did it take to bribe her?":mad::mad::mad:

We live in a rigged system folks, time for the torches & pitchforks!!!

Sadly there is only one solution to this, voting. I say sadly because this decline is easily stopped and reversed. Only problem is few gun owners will bother. Too many sit back, watch, gripe, blame the NRA, say all politicians are the same, say I can't vote for the conservative since I am too moral, and on and on. Whole book of excuses that lead to only one outcome. Liberals win. So unless/ until gun owners vote as liberals do, in a block, this just keeps getting worse.

Came across this when looking for argument material...

Washington Ranks High For Number Of Gun Deaths, Data Show

They didn't cite a specific source of the Washington-specific numbers.... Typical journalistic integrity.
You can tell by the title that it's slanted anti gun... "WA ranks high" but in the article show that WA is 40th for gun murders

But according to the article, 11 people were killed with rifles in WA (2016)

11... I feel like this needs to be stressed in discussions and advertising against this.

We have less than 200 murders in this state and only 11 we're with a rifle.

W. T. F.

Yet these dickheads want to emulate the laws of states that continue to have exponentially higher murder rates

Sadly there is only one solution to this, voting. I say sadly because this decline is easily stopped and reversed. Only problem is few gun owners will bother. Too many sit back, watch, gripe, blame the NRA, say all politicians are the same, say I can't vote for the conservative since I am too moral, and on and on. Whole book of excuses that lead to only one outcome. Liberals win. So unless/ until gun owners vote as liberals do, in a block, this just keeps getting worse.

I agree it's just sad statistic but gun owners are our worst enemy. They just want to be left alone and I will bet that if it comes to fighting they will take a knee and lick the boots of their British oppressors.:mad::mad::mad:

A-MEN!

Greetings,

I encountered one of the signature gatherers coming out of the Big W last night around 730.

He started with one of the another initiatives first and then went to 1639.

It was brief...

Him: blah blah...raises the age to buy an assault rifle from 18 to 21.

Me: What's an assault rifle?

Him: Umm, I'm not sure.

After a moment of silence, he just takes his signing sheet and kind of takes a half-step back. There was no offer to read anything or have any further discussion. Not even a 'You can read it on line.' At which point I just politely walked away...

They obviously know that engaging with Pro 2A people isn't in their benefit, as it may lead to others hearing and then not signing the petition. And/or he just plain doesn't care...i
f he had any actual interest, by now, he would have had an answer.

I also happened to pass through a couple gun stores in my travels today as well. Don't recall seeing/hearing a single thing about it, which just baffles me:confused:. I would think that they'd all have at least some effort to educate/inform their clientele.o_O

'After the fact' outrage isn't going to be productive...

BOSS
This subject regarding gun stores not speaking out against this type of legislation really irks me. I inquired about it with two different local shops and they won't talk about it. You get a shoulder shrug and that's about it. I know in the short term the gun stores will make out like bandits if these laws pass but it seems like it would damage sales down the road. I don't get it.

This subject regarding gun stores not speaking out against this type of legislation really irks me. I inquired about it with two different local shops and they won't talk about it. You get a shoulder shrug and that's about it. I know in the short term the gun stores will make out like bandits if these laws pass but it seems like it would damage sales down the road. I don't get it.
Typical Pubelick Edukayshun-addled "thinking": only able to see the immediate short-term gain without any ability to see the Long Term view. Sadly, this is also a common problem within the Gun Community and even the Conservative Movement as larger wholes: everybody wants to look for a boxing-style knockout punch instead of realizing that it took a long-term chess game with lots of small, seemingly trivial and unconnected moves for the Other Team to put us where we are on the board and it's going to take the same thing, but played even BETTER, for us to reverse the position and put them into the Checkmate they almost served on us two years ago November.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top