JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting conversation. I don't recall if it's legit to post a link to another blog but some interesting reading at: About – SHTF School

This guy runs a survival school in the Balkans. He survived the Balkans war in the early 90s and that includes living one year without: government, electricity, running water, working sewers, fuel, food/supply distribution, and law enforcement.

Pretty extreme stuff but if you want a glimpse of total society collapse, it happened here folks.
Yes thanks people don't realize this stuff is happening as we speak all around the world if you depend on your government to survive you are a fool

Interesting conversation. I don't recall if it's legit to post a link to another blog but some interesting reading at: About – SHTF School

This guy runs a survival school in the Balkans. He survived the Balkans war in the early 90s and that includes living one year without: government, electricity, running water, working sewers, fuel, food/supply distribution, and law enforcement.

Pretty extreme stuff but if you want a glimpse of total society collapse, it happened here folks.

Good one.

Another interweb worth reading is "Ferfal", describing surviving during Argentinas economic collapse.

In a sense, a more useful read for us in the US, vs surviving thru a war.

War is possible, but less likely for us. However economic collapse? More probable, if failsafes & bailouts don't stop it the next time around.

When gasoline goes back up above $5, bread and milk prices rise etc etc. When it's like that for an extended period and folks start spending savings just to get to work (if they held there job), and to eat. Then hyperinflation sets in...rents triple...

Not overnight, but gradual. It's about how to go about thriving and remaining solvent during that decline which would be the trick, to be able to come out the other side in decent shape. No zombie hordes to battle. Etc etc.

Good one.

Another interweb worth reading is "Ferfal", describing surviving during Argentinas economic collapse.

War is possible, but less likely for us. However economic collapse? More probable, if failsafes & bailouts don't stop it the next time around.

When gasoline goes back up above $5, bread and milk prices rise etc etc. When it's like that for an extended period and folks start spending savings just to get to work (if they held there job), and to eat. Then hyperinflation sets in...rents triple...

Not overnight, but gradual. It's about how to go about thriving and remaining solvent during that decline which would be the trick, to be able to come out the other side in decent shape. No zombie hordes to battle. Etc etc.
LOL FORGET ABOUT THE PRICE OF GAS OR THE STOCK MARKET BAIL OUTS IF THE U.S. OR EVEN ONE STATE IN THE U.S. HAS A POWER OUTAGE IT'S ON LIKE DONGKY KONG PEOPLE WON'T LAST 2 DAYS WITH OUT POWER YOU CAN DREAM ALL YOU WANT ABOUT WAR AND CIVIL WAR ALL IT WILL TAKE IS A MASSIVE POWER OUTAGES ACROSS A STATE OR A FEW STATES AND WE ARE KILLING ARE NEIGHBOR 'S MMMMMM WAKE UP PEOPLE

LOL FORGET ABOUT THE PRICE OF GAS OR THE STOCK MARKET BAIL OUTS IF THE U.S. OR EVEN ONE STATE IN THE U.S. HAS A POWER OUTAGE IT'S ON LIKE DONGKY KONG PEOPLE WON'T LAST 2 DAYS WITH OUT POWER YOU CAN DREAM ALL YOU WANT ABOUT WAR AND CIVIL WAR ALL IT WILL TAKE IS A MASSIVE POWER OUTAGES ACROSS A STATE OR A FEW STATES AND WE ARE KILLING ARE NEIGHBOR 'S MMMMMM WAKE UP PEOPLE

"Surviving" something limited like such, is relatively easy, comparatively.

"Surviving" something limited like such, is relatively easy, comparatively.
Yes for you and me and some other but don't forget that 90% or more of the population are not prepared to survive without power food or water that is not given to them they think they will always be able to run down to the local Safeway and get what they need and guess what happens when there EBT GOVERNMENT FOOD STAMP CARD CAN'T BE USED lol LOCK AND LOAD THEY COMING TO YOUR HOUSE AND MINE lol the last shopping looting trip they will make but life goes on FOR SOME

There was a lot of stuff in that link. Had to bookmark it to read over time. It may never be that bad or last that long but it certainly is enlightening.

Some neighbors are worthless; other than using their carcass as a front parapit.

I'm 100% behind getting to know them; they should be dumped as soon as they fail the first test of trust or mutual respect.

OPSEC serves my family better.

Addendum; everyone can provide something; gangs will usually go for the easiest targets first; so being the hardest target possible is a multiplier.

Last Edited:
I find a lot to agree with in your comment. The blog I mentioned is an extreme example and talks about things that people do in a worst case scenario. Some people will adapt and "do whatever they have to do to survive" while others will simply lay down and give up. One thing he mentioned that really stuck in my mind is a comment something like, "you don't know what SHTF will be until it arrives". We can plan for likely scenarios but just be ready for the wild card. We can't plan and cover every possible event but we can at least think about it thru someone else's hard earned lessons.
Good one.

That is an interesting site. Glad I'm retired because I will be reading more there. I'd rather learn from other people's suffering whenever possible.

I think the scenario you describe is more likely than a civil war as described in Selco's SHTF blog. But one comment he made that stuck in my mind was something along the lines of "you don't know what SHTF will look like until it happens".

I've been following this site for quite awhile now. Good stuff. If a person is serious about prepping/wanting to know more about SHTF type situations it's well worth the time to read.

I find a lot to agree with in your comment. The blog I mentioned is an extreme example and talks about things that people do in a worst case scenario. Some people will adapt and "do whatever they have to do to survive" while others will simply lay down and give up. One thing he mentioned that really stuck in my mind is a comment something like, "you don't know what SHTF will be until it arrives". We can plan for likely scenarios but just be ready for the wild card. We can't plan and cover every possible event but we can at least think about it thru someone else's hard earned lessons.

That is an interesting site. Glad I'm retired because I will be reading more there. I'd rather learn from other people's suffering whenever possible.

I think the scenario you describe is more likely than a civil war as described in Selco's SHTF blog. But one comment he made that stuck in my mind was something along the lines of "you don't know what SHTF will look like until it happens".

Yup excellent info at Selcos for sure.

There's also "survivalistboards.com" with tons of info and many folks asking scenario specific type questions. That board is incredibly difficult to navigate though, as opposed to the very user friendly system Joe has set up here at Northwestfirearms.

There's a fellow currently posting up at survivalistboards whom is living thru the troubles in Venezuela, real time. User "Greg5791" over there.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top