JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I never really took a shine to these until recently.
The kit price ($149) put me off, but recently they have been on sale for $90 - $105.
Never liked the trigger guard, but after handling one all the geometry is there for a reason.

Here's the "G19 size"....much fun to build.
And look Ma, no serial numbers !
Polymer 80a-I.png
Polymer 80b-I.png

Non-OEM parts :
Polymer 80 frame
Brownells slide
Overwatch TAC trigger
Wolff RP safety plunger spring
LWD safety plunger
LWD channel liner
Wolff 4lb striker spring
DelTac trapezoid slide lock lever
Steel City magwell....made for the P80 G19....not adapted
KKM barrel

Noteworthy parts :
Standard length OEM mag catch (extended not needed on this frame)
OEM "Dot" connector (performance similar to OEM "Minus" connector)
OEM 5lb trigger spring
OEM standard slide stop lever
OEM RSA

Trigger performance :
Reduced reach (LOP)
Very short take-up
Defined wall
Average pull weight is 2lb - 4oz
Very short reset
I like it there for a range gun, but I would bump it up to 4lb+ for a SD gun

View attachment 568889 View attachment 568890

Last Edited:
Looks great. I would never build one of these, but if I did, it would have been the tiffany blue frame on sale for cheap, along with an agency arms threaded barrel in grey, with a matte SS slide.

Would have been the Perfect home defense gun for my wifey with a can attached since she is not willing to shoot ARs.

Looks great. I would never build one of these, but if I did, it would have been the tiffany blue frame on sale for cheap, along with an agency arms threaded barrel in grey, with a matte SS slide.

Would have been the Perfect home defense gun for my wifey with a can attached since she is not willing to shoot ARs.
Robin's Egg Blue
They go wacko for REB and white frames on the Polymer 80 forum.
Funny thing is that all the white frames are aging to a light pi$$ yellow color !
Not into the colors myself....I like black.

ETA:
LWD has the bead-blasted stainless slides for a reasonable price.
Word on the street is to stay way away from LWD small parts.
I like their channel liner because it has a slightly larger bore than OEM.

I found some discounted Agency barrels and have a mid line stainless and threaded inbound.
Their non-threaded are cut flush with the end of the slide, which I'm not a fan of.
And they have a giant funnel-dished crown.

Rainier has them for $89 right now....but I was in Vegas last week :(

Looks good!
I don't see 'em.
Now I do...Polymer80 80% Glock 19/23/32 - PF940Cv1 ReadyMod (Non-Textured Grip)
This one has a non-textured grip for someone that wants to do their own stippling.

A word of caution....
The early P80 design used a polymer rear rail.
Make sure that you are getting the new version that uses a stainless RRM (rear rail module).
You should see it in the Polymer 80-issued pic (U-shaped piece of stainless).
The OEM TMH (trigger mechanism housing) nests into the P80 RRM.

Last Edited:
Robin's Egg Blue
They go wacko for REB and white frames on the Polymer 80 forum.
Funny thing is that all the white frames are aging to a light pi$$ yellow color !
Not into the colors myself....I like black.

ETA:
LWD has the bead-blasted stainless slides for a reasonable price.
Word on the street is to stay way away from LWD small parts.
I like their channel liner because it has a slightly larger bore than OEM.

I found some discounted Agency barrels and have a mid line stainless and threaded inbound.
Their non-threaded are cut flush with the end of the slide, which I'm not a fan of.
And they have a giant funnel-dished crown.

I just call it tiffany blue to piss off my wife. :D

I built a gray one and it was flawless in shooting. However, my trigger pin walks out. The slide lock lever doesn't hold the pin in. So I probably have an alignment issue but I did follow all directions as I manufactured/built it.
I need a trigger pin that is drilled and tapped so it stays in place, something like a KNS for ARs.

I built a gray one and it was flawless in shooting. However, my trigger pin walks out. The slide lock lever doesn't hold the pin in. So I probably have an alignment issue but I did follow all directions as I manufactured/built it.
I need a trigger pin that is drilled and tapped so it stays in place, something like a KNS for ARs.
I would try a standard lever with the spring bent out slightly more than stock.

Also there are two ways to drive the pins :
Drive pin from right to left on a Glock

1) If you drive the top pin (smaller pin) in first, you're guaranteed to get the lever spring properly loaded because it will naturally nest up against this smaller pin.
2) If you drive the larger pin in first you have to stop midway when you are driving the smaller upper pin in order to move the lever spring to its proper place below the small pin.

I think when working on a P80 it's easier to use Method #1
My P80 pins were tight.
So much so that I made up "slave pins" which worked very well.
I could not "cold turkey" drive a standard pin to save my life.
The slave pins made it a breeze.

Slave Pin principle:
Note:
For P80 you want the slave pin slightly longer than the overall width of the frame.

Last Edited:
I built two of them with Brownell's slides. I used factory Glock parts with Lone Wolf barrels. They run perfect, no problems. I didn't like the stippling so I got the smooth non stipple frames and put on Talon grips. They fit my hand better than the stock G19 and point more natural.

I don't understand why every single p80 build I've seen is 9mm. I built my "g22" for the fun of it and to see if they really were durable at all. I want it to break.

OP what was the final cost!

That is the main part, I can't seem to get over what putting one of these together costs vs buying a lightly used one.

OP what was the final cost!

That is the main part, I can't seem to get over what putting one of these together costs vs buying a lightly used one.
I haven't tallied it, but it was more than a new Glock.
But it has upgraded :
Barrel
Trigger
Magwell
Misc small parts
So I can't compare it to a bone stock Glock.

The guys that went with lowball parts have come in under the price of a new Glock.

I just shot it again today and I'm glad I built it the way I did.
It's like a custom, boutique Glock for not a lot of money.
And the thing runs and is as accurate as I can hold it.
The bad part is the way the magwell nests your hand into the grip.
Makes me want to pee just holding it. :)

If you want to get into a Glock for the lowest cost, then a police trade-in is the way to do it.

Last Edited:
I don't understand why every single p80 build I've seen is 9mm. I built my "g22" for the fun of it and to see if they really were durable at all. I want it to break.
So you like 40's and want it to break ?
Not a fan of either.

:)

DD
Who will be building a 10mm or a 9x25 Dillon and not wanting it to break.

So you like 40's and want it to break ?
Not a fan of either

:)

DD
Who will be building a 10mm or a 9x25 Dillon and not wanting it to break.

Allow me to be more clear, as I jotted that down quick during lunch. I see people being afraid of their p80s breaking more than a preference for the 9mm round in general. I see mine as a novelty only and would like to see just how long it will last and when it breaks, which I fully expect it to, I'm curious where that will be. So in a sense, yes I "want" it to break though I'd also be ok with it holding up forever and I see the .40 being a "better" test of it's toughness. Make more sense, high horse?

Allow me to be more clear, as I jotted that down quick during lunch. I see people being afraid of their p80s breaking more than a preference for the 9mm round in general. I see mine as a novelty only and would like to see just how long it will last and when it breaks, which I fully expect it to, I'm curious where that will be. So in a sense, yes I "want" it to break though I'd also be ok with it holding up forever and I see the .40 being a "better" test of it's toughness. Make more sense, high horse?
I love 9's and 10's
I hate 40's
I don't like the way 40 brass gets mixed in with my 10 brass either.

;)

Last Edited:
These things just look like a lot of fun, you could make all sorts of iterations. I've never handled one but it sure looks like the frame design in the area of the trigger guard would be a bit more natural than the stock glock.

I'm thinking of a pimp gun. G17 size in fde or coyote, chrome slide with top and side windows, gold twisted barrel with gold thread protector, and possibly a suppressor with flames painted on it.;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top