JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I've wondered about this for years. From when the "Cops" shows first started. It's animal nature to push/pull/struggle in the opposite direction if you were being man handled and screamed at.

I don't know about this case. This thread might be one of the threads I won't read anymore because I've seen enough. Besides, something that's been happening here as of late is good members starting to attack each other for airing their opinions.
So a thought that just crossed my mind while reading this. Would these situations, which seem to be happening more and more, be lessened if our police officers in this country hadn't been turned from people we have always looked up to, into the bad guys? There's been nothing but how bad police are for a long time. They are human beings in those uniforms. They aren't any less susceptible to the flood of bubblegum that's been/being thrown at them every day than anyone else. Big city cops have been getting shat on constantly for a number of years.

Just a thought. No reason for me to be quoted for being wrong minded somehow.
Yes sadly the Police have been maligned non stop for a good while now. It is the main reason so many forces can no longer find qualified people to work for them. Seattle is finding this out the hard way just north of me. For every new hire 4 quit. What this leads too is people who would have never "made the cut", now get hired. I have been saying for a while this is going to be the result. You end up with people in that job who have no business in that job. This one looks like a perfect storm where several who should never have been hired all ended up on the same call. So now they killed someone who "pissed them off". The offices are going to pay dearly for this but, so are the rest of the Cops and the tax payers. Lawyers had to be fighting each other to get the family to sign with them since this will be a slam dunk pay out the lawyers will get a huge cut of.
Many Cops now who are kind of stuck, they have so many years in they do not want to leave are now just ignoring crime. Figuring the places where people line up to film and taunt them can live in the sewer they made. This again is the "be careful what you ask for, you may get it". The people screaming for no cops are then left screaming as they become victims of their own neighbors. :(

Yes sadly the Police have been maligned non stop for a good while now. It is the main reason so many forces can no longer find qualified people to work for them. Seattle is finding this out the hard way just north of me. For every new hire 4 quit. What this leads too is people who would have never "made the cut", now get hired. I have been saying for a while this is going to be the result. You end up with people in that job who have no business in that job. This one looks like a perfect storm where several who should never have been hired all ended up on the same call. So now they killed someone who "pissed them off". The offices are going to pay dearly for this but, so are the rest of the Cops and the tax payers. Lawyers had to be fighting each other to get the family to sign with them since this will be a slam dunk pay out the lawyers will get a huge cut of.
Many Cops now who are kind of stuck, they have so many years in they do not want to leave are now just ignoring crime. Figuring the places where people line up to film and taunt them can live in the sewer they made. This again is the "be careful what you ask for, you may get it". The people screaming for no cops are then left screaming as they become victims of their own neighbors. :(
Add to that, the new hires may be well suited for the job. But there's a learning curve and some time needed to really become a "Peace Officer". Those poor guys/gals go on the street and are automatically on the people's crap list. Thanks to the so-called leaders of our communities. My heart hurts for them.

If you think the idea that cops do bad things and the system covers it up for them is a new 'woke' idea you clearly haven't been paying attention to film or literature for at least the last 100 years :rolleyes:

I mean, not what I said, but ok.
I gotta ask, what were you saying? Was it just a general statement unrelated to previous posts, or was it directed at someone in particular? My initial reaction was similar to Alexx's. I thought to myself: "No coverup here. Even the family attorney said this should be a blueprint as to how all future incidents like this should be handled."

Those cops beat him to death, it was murder. The video was enough that even those who hire the police know it was murder. Just like Ashli Babbit some police murder but not all are held accountable.

I gotta ask, what were you saying? Was it just a general statement unrelated to previous posts, or was it directed at someone in particular? My initial reaction was similar to Alexx's. I thought to myself: "No coverup here. Even the family attorney said this should be a blueprint as to how all future incidents like this should be handled."
I was trying to avoid quoting anyone in particular and was commenting on this basic viewpoint, expressed by several people (including some that blocked me and I can only see when I log out :s0112: ) My intention was to avoid singling out or appearing to pick a fight with anyone person or having to go though the tread and quote everyone that expressed the same view. And again, not to single out Alexx1401, this was just the first one that I saw and could quickly grab to reply to you

Yes sadly the Police have been maligned non stop for a good while now. It is the main reason so many forces can no longer find qualified people to work for them.

Those cops beat him to death, it was murder. The video was enough that even those who hire the police know it was murder. Just like Ashli Babbit some police murder but not all are held accountable.
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Id also like to know how the system covers it up when theyve been charged with murder and we have brutality laws and other laws against police corruption?

I was trying to avoid quoting anyone in particular and was commenting on this basic viewpoint, expressed by several people (including some that blocked me and I can only see when I log out :s0112: ) My intention was to avoid singling out or appearing to pick a fight with anyone person or having to go though the tread and quote everyone that expressed the same view. And again, not to single out Alexx1401, this was just the first one that I saw and could quickly grab to reply to you
Thanks for the clarification. I agree with you comment about film and literature for the last 100 years, but I'm not sure I would have tied it to Alexx1401's comments. Maybe other posts were more on the mark, but I find this thread somewhat depressing and don't read all of them to the end.

Nice tip on logging out if someone blocks you! I don't know if anyone has me blocked, but if the post numbers start to have gaps, I'll log out and find out why. 🤪

Id also like to know how the system covers it up when theyve been charged with murder and we have brutality laws and other laws against police corruption?
Like Dylan* said man, The Times They are A'Changin' :s0136:

Remember the video of the two female officers on the guys porch trying to get him to come out so they could arrest him and they got caught on the guys Ring camera discussing how they had no cause to arrest him but planed on doing it anyway? The thing is that not everyone got the memo that there are cameras everywhere and they are still acting like they have been used to. OH! And than there was the disabled vet that the cops shot when he came out of his mobile home holding their robot, they tried to lie about what happened and went full Surprised Pikachu Face when they realized that he had cameras inside his house

So basically that, bad LEO's doing bad things because they know they have done them before and gotten away with it.

And you have to love this one star review of Serpico :s0112::s0112:
I love Al Pacino in other movies but I did not enjoy this at all
True as it may be it is not the entertainment i want and it just went On and On and on
If you wanted to relax and get a lift this is not the movie to watch
Very sad end

Not Dylan Thomas, Whoever he was . .

...after they beat the bubblegum out of him they stood around congratulating themselves in some thug language that I couldn't even understand Which made it seem like they were just another street gang but this one had badges.
That's exactly what I got from the video. Also how they kept justifying to each other what they just did. Thugs with badges.

Nice tip on logging out if someone blocks you! I don't know if anyone has me blocked, but if the post numbers start to have gaps, I'll log out and find out why. 🤪
lolz, I was this post old when I discovered that @Unicykle blocked me! :s0140::s0140:

What I see
That's exactly what I got from the video. Also how they kept justifying to each other what they just did. Thugs with badges.
Vs what I see when I log out
UnicykleBlockedMe.jpg

If you think the idea that cops do bad things and the system covers it up for them is a new 'woke' idea you clearly haven't been paying attention to film or literature for at least the last 100 years :rolleyes:
I'll presume this was a response to my post RE: human nature. How about this. You treat people like bubblegum enough, some of them turn into bubblegum. That's the ONLY thing I was suggesting. We're in a heap of trouble here because the way things are going, we won't be able to find anyone wanting to be police.

Suggesting that anyone here doesn't realize cover-ups have happened does a terrible disservice to every member of this site.

I'll presume this was a response to my post RE: human nature. How about this. You treat people like bubblegum enough, some of them turn into bubblegum. That's the ONLY thing I was suggesting. We're in a heap of trouble here because the way things are going, we won't be able to find anyone wanting to be police.

Suggesting that anyone here doesn't realize cover-ups have happened does a terrible disservice to every member of this site.
Not really, it was as I posted before related to many posts some of which got removed and some I can't see any more because apparently blocking me is better than hearing opinions that differ from theirs, but ranking them on a level of egregiousness scale from 1 to 10 I was really responding to the ones in the 7-10 range and yours was more like a 3 or 4 which is to say I may not have 100% agreed with your point but there was still plenty of room for productive conversation. Also you said not to quote you so I was respecting that you only wanted to express your opinion but did not particularly want to engage in conversation or debate on it

:s0090:

Have not watched the video and at this point I'm not going to. This an awful incident with no legitimate excuse. It doesn't matter if there was reckless driving or not. Once a suspect is subdued any physical response by police is unwarranted.

The County Sheriff after reviewing the footage has also opened an investigation of the two deputies that showed up.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads