JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The security cameras with hard disk storage are the best. You can review it daily and it has a time stamp. I'll guarantee they case you much more often then they actually rob you. They go "shopping" before they actually take stuff. Seeing any activity at all would at least put you on to their schedule. Although I would guess between 2:30 and 4:30 am anyway. Too much activity before the bars close for most thieves. You can also try security system signs. They are less likely to frack with stuff if you have them prominently posted. BTW, you don't have to get a security system, the signs are a better deterrent than having an actual system.

Thanks for all the info guys, I just wanted to give you an update of some new stuff. When arriving home last night two of my neighbors came up to me saying that two different vehicle about an hour apart parked on the street and were taking pictures of my neighbors and my house. When my neighbor confronted them, they said they were appraisers. So I called my bank to see if my house had any appraisal request 's on it and they said no, I also called the county to see if there was an assessment taking place in my area and they said no as well. As well as called the police to see if they sent anyone out to take pictures of the area were a reported robbery was claimed, and they said that isnt common practice for them. I find it hard to believe that criminals would be that stupid about doing this sort of thing, or I may be being a little to paranoid? who knows.......

I work security and have made arrests and it falls under citizen's arrest even though it's part of my job. So long as you witness them committing a crime (no probable cause for you), you can use reasonable force to detain the subject. So when you see them slash a tire, you can detain them and use force if necessary, same goes for trespassing and theft. Heck, as soon as he put a bolt from your rack into his pocket, that's theft.

Last Edited:
Crap, I had a brand new $1200 pressure washer stolen and my insurance company (Farmers) told me that with my $500 deductible, and with their raising my rates for making a claim, it would be cheaper just to eat it!

As for the OP's issue, I would get a car alarm that makes a loud noise and that dials my cell. Outside lights are good.

Thanks for all the info guys, I just wanted to give you an update of some new stuff. When arriving home last night two of my neighbors came up to me saying that two different vehicle about an hour apart parked on the street and were taking pictures of my neighbors and my house. When my neighbor confronted them, they said they were appraisers. So I called my bank to see if my house had any appraisal request 's on it and they said no, I also called the county to see if there was an assessment taking place in my area and they said no as well. As well as called the police to see if they sent anyone out to take pictures of the area were a reported robbery was claimed, and they said that isnt common practice for them. I find it hard to believe that criminals would be that stupid about doing this sort of thing, or I may be being a little to paranoid? who knows.......

Your bank would not know if your home was being used as a comparative home for an appraisal being done for someone purchasing a home in your area. It is common practice for appraisers to take pictures of at least 3 other houses to be used as comparisons for justification of their appraisal value. I would have no doubt in believing that they were in fact appraisers but that does not mean be less vigilant on your part.

I sometimes take pictures like that for a realtor friend of mine. He doesn't want to waste his time taking clients out to see a house that turns out to be next door to a day care that's painted red and yellow, or where the next door neighbor owns 17 partially dismantled cars. It's $25 to $50 for a set of pics of the house and neighborhood.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top