JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I find their policy of requiring that only their ammo be shot to be infuriating. They admit that it is intended to increase sales. I would think that they could just offer an option of charging another $5-10 in lieu of the rediculous policy. When asked how I am supposed to become proficient with my carry ammo, they just smile and shake their heads.

Pretty arrogant if you ask me.

I always get the stink eye when I bring my Tec-9, not like i'm hip firing this thing. Been their twice and will never go back.

They suck plain and simple...Take your lifetime membership fee's then change all their policies. This place is a joke. I understand its hard times but come on, we can only shoot your ammo. You charge us membership fee's then also charge us to shoot when we show up!!!!

I hesitate to say anything too bad, because they have always been nice to me...but the last few times I was there it seemed like all the equipment was really getting run down. None of the target lines fed properly and most of the lightbulbs were burnt out in the stalls.

Shadow I don't know how often or how avid of a shooter you are, but living in Tualatin you are probably very close to Tri-County; arguably one of the finest shooting facilities in the Northwest. They are a little pricey, particularly with the initiation fee the first year, but if you shoot fairly regularly they are a bargain for the facilities they offer.

I find their policy of requiring that only their ammo be shot to be infuriating. They admit that it is intended to increase sales. I would think that they could just offer an option of charging another $5-10 in lieu of the rediculous policy. When asked how I am supposed to become proficient with my carry ammo, they just smile and shake their heads.

Pretty arrogant if you ask me.

The fact that they still exist is amazing. If one has ever checked into the cost of insurance for a gun range along with all the other costs, it is amazing if any privately owned range exists. And requiring to shoot only range ammo keeps the costs down with insurance and keeps everything in check. If you look at many indoor ranges, they are beginning to only allow their ammo, even Thunder Ranch only allows "green" ammo that can be purchased at certain suppliers. You cannot keep a range operating on "life memberships" alone. Head down to the Clack Range and ask them about having to use their own ammo. It is not because of arrogance.

I have heard some horror stories of this place. Also, the Clackamas Public Safety Center really sticks it to you with ammo and lane fee prices. Personally, I think any place that gouges you by forcing you to buy their ammo is unethical and should be avoided. How can you possibly increase your shooting skills or proficiency with your firearm when training with ammunition you will never be carrying? This is a major flaw.

I personally think the place should be renamed, "The Place Not To Shoot", until they change these unethical policies.

HOLD THE PHONE FOR JUST A MINUTE!!

I have never been to (or heard of) the place in question, but I HAVE run a couple businesses in my time... I think its a tad bit wrong to call someone TRYING to operate a "for profit" business in order to make a living "unethical" for requireing you to use their ammo IF you CHOOSE to use their facilities, ESPECIALLY in an industry that has so many "bullseyes" painted on it from any number of anti-gunners.

Using the displayed logic I suppose that its "unethical" for movie houses to charge what they do for movie tickets to go see crapy movies, and bar you from bringing your own candy, popcorn, and drinks into their house, FORCING you to pay $5 for a 32oz. soda that costs them .15 to provide? Newsflash, you aren't FORCED to buy it... I just take a drink from the water fountain and tough it out for a couple hours through the movie then afterwards go and purchase a .99 "Big Gulp" (if I drank soda that much soda at one time)...

FYI- a business inside the PDX jurisdiction pays taxes to the State, Fed, Tri-met, City of Portland, AND don't forget matching 7.5% Social Security taxes for each employee, unemployment tax, commercial property tax, inventory tax, asset tax, insurance, surety bonds, licenses, commercial utilities, facility maintenance, etc, etc, etc. They are offering a service to a specific market, they must be able to make a profit to make a living, and pay all those taxes & fees.

If you don't like their (apparently) snotty attitude, what they have to offer and/or their prices you are free to look elsewhere, its called the "free market". Your personal "proficiency with your carry ammo" is not their problem/responsibility-its yours, just as its their problem if they can survive as a business (with all that it entails) and not yours. Go find a wilderness site or more desireable shooting range to go shoot your carry ammo if its that much of an issue.

or how a bout this one we can only sell you one box of ammo , but you still need to pay for your lane fee and your 18.50 box of 9 mm loads plus membership , gets to be a little expensive to shoot 50 bullets , they let me renew my membership and then right after i was informed about the 1 box rule and its has been that way for the last couple of months

Agreed, the one box rule is wearing thin. I could see limiting walk-ins but limiting members is a bit shortsighted. Why would I want to renew my membership?

If you don't like their (apparently) snotty attitude, what they have to offer and/or their prices you are free to look elsewhere, its called the "free market". Your personal "proficiency with your carry ammo" is not their problem/responsibility-its yours, just as its their problem if they can survive as a business (with all that it entails) and not yours. Go find a wilderness site or more desireable shooting range to go shoot your carry ammo if its that much of an issue.

The answer is called Tri-County Gun Club.. That was my answer to places like The Place to Shoot and Clackamas PUblic Safety Center.. No more bloated lane fees, congested, dark and loud indoor ranges and greatest of all, I get to use all my own ammo, which I believe is very important part of firearms training. :s0155: :D

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top