JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The perfect day. 9 degrees, no wind,high pressure, the moon is setting at 10am a little snow on the ground, these are the days coyote hunters dream and wait for, 5 sets 5 dogs 4 down the fur is prime right now. I could do no wrong hahalol heres some pics

IMG_0943.jpg IMG_0944.jpg IMG_0949.jpg IMG_0948.jpg

Nice dogs!
I see a Dan Thompson call on your lanyard, what is the other one you are using?
Mostly howling or some prey/distress sounds too?
It is awesome to call in country that is so barren of human presence this time of year.

Nice dogs!
I see a Dan Thompson call on your lanyard, what is the other one you are using?
Mostly howling or some prey/distress sounds too?
It is awesome to call in country that is so barren of human presence this time of year.
I have the E.L.K. female howler, with a antler close reed distress(ty Nichols) I only use the howler to locate

I have the E.L.K. female howler, with a antler close reed distress(ty Nichols) I only use the howler to locate

That E.L.K. howler sounds great when someone who knows what they are doing is using it!
My favorite is a Sceery AP-7 that I have had for years, it is an open reed call with rubber barrel that I can howl and distress call with. I don't know if they even make it anymore.

Any problems with that closed reed call freezing up on you in that cold temperature?

That E.L.K. howler sounds great when someone who knows what they are doing is using it!
My favorite is a Sceery AP-7 that I have had for years, it is an open reed call with rubber barrel that I can howl and distress call with. I don't know if they even make it anymore.

Any problems with that closed reed call freezing up on you in that cold temperature?
yep have to keep it in inner pocket between calls

Keep up the good work with the predator control. That area is experiencing a lot of predation and game numbers are down. I hear that there are quite a few longtails in the sagebrush areas of that region too!:eek:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews