JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got done watching "The Pacific" mini series. Very good, Like it a little more than Band of Brothers only because I was a sailor myself. I am currently reading Tin Can Sailors, a good book as well. Another I can recommend is Point Man by James Watson.

I have to agree with those who preferred BOB. I think Pacific was a bit of a rush job, or maybe the victim of poor editing. But it in no way takes away from the sacrifice the guys who fought in the Pacific made. I have visited several of the islands we took, and sitting on the reef at Tarawa and trying to imagine wading 400 meters in the chest deep water while being mortared and machine -gunned made me go weak in the gut.

The Pacific was primarily based on 2 books, "With the Old Breed at Peleliu and Okinawa" by Eugene Sledge, and "Helmet for My Pillow" by Robert Leckie. If you haven't read either, I highly recommend both. As incredible as the Okinawa episode was, the narrative by Sledge in With the Old Breed is absolutely tragic. Describing these folks as the "Greatest Generation" just doesn't seem to do them justice.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top