Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

The other Greece - the ignored one...

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by The Heretic, Nov 16, 2015.

1. The Heretic

The Heretic Oregon Well-Known Member

2. Roger65

Roger65 Portland Active Member

Yes, this is absolutely true. I have family in Greece and the people in the villages are doing fine. I have about 20 second cousins living in villages, that I have never met. I hear about them through my 92 year old Grandma. They produce most of what they consume. Their lives have not changed that much.

In the city, I know of one family that bought a chicken, and roasted half for Christmas last year and froze the other half for Easter. They could not afford two holiday feasts.

3. albin25

albin25 Lewiston Idaho Well-Known Member

Somebody needs to organize "Prepper Homestays".....
    ....those Greek villagers got skills. Imagine what they could do with the $800-$1000 they could get for a 30 day "immersion experience". Eat what they eat, learn to herd goats, make cheese...

I can also think of more than a few college students that could use a reality check/learning experience/character enhancing..."vacation":).

KTM530XCW and decklin like this.
  4. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Around here,being 100+ miles from a bigger city,the prices are kinda high.So a lot of folks go to Montana to shop,no sales tax
    I asked one shop owner if he went to Missoula to shop
    He asked why when his wife was an excellent gardener with an acre to sow,he had pigs,cows chickens ,turkeys....."We don't go to the store for much of anything"

5. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

that is great to hear
    Has Salmon got any snow yet?

6. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

We have had 6" down here and there was a foot of snow up at 7kft
    Seems wednesday is our snow day,lol so we'll see what comes then
    The city doesn't get as much as the outlying areas.Same as the rain shadow I used to live in
    A lot of the folks ere are pretty self sufficient.What they don't raise the barter for
    I hope to get closer to that some day