JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
No big surprise here actually. Of course they are going to hedge their interests of the progressive Republican candidate just in case Brown can't win, whom they also endorse for the democratic party. It's also no big surprise that they only gave Greg Wooldridge a very small write up and they wrote nothing about Sam Carpenter other than to just mention him by name. This tells me that they are worried about Sam or why would they not even comment on him as if he is too insignificant to mention. What a LIBERAL RAG!!!

Oregon needs experience, decisive leadership to improve: Editorial endorsements

Argh!! This is xaclty what we don't want. I told Beuhler he blew it and should get behind a real republican after his vote on the 'no due process' bill. I quit getting mailers from him.....

Yeah, I agree, Sam's the man, however.......... Buehler, while a RINO may actually have a chance to pull some swing votes that Carpenter can't. Fence sitters will see him as too 'right' and vote D again. The number of registered Dems in Oregon isn't that far ahead of registered R's but we have a lot of independents and libertarians who will vote which ever way they're pulled. Those are the votes we need to turn this state from solidly D to R. I fear getting Carpenter will pretty much ensure that the dems will hold the state. My feeling is we need to start turning it around somehow and if getting a RINO is the best we can hope for it's probably better than another progressive dem. At least if we had a guy in that's republican we can pressure him to stay w/us, another dem is just going to push the progressive liberal agenda farther and farther.

There's no way we're going to get what WE want in this state, hasn't happened in my lifetime yet. If we go all in they will go all left but maybe we can chip away at it until we've got something to stand on. Brown is leaving some of the folks in the middle thinking that she's gotta go, that's a start but I fear if we push too hard they will rally back to the left again.

Tough call really. I like Sam, he represents us best IMO but may just be too bitter a pill to swallow for some of the voters who can help start to swing this state back toward the middle.

I mentioned before, and asked "Please" to have someone correct me if I'm wrong in my feeling that Carpenter will not be able to get the votes from the "on the fence" Dems, unaffiliated, Green, Progressive, Working Family parties members. If Sam Carpenter wins the primary, Kate Brown will win the election. That's MY contention.

Butt-hey, I'll be stuck having what ya'l are having if I'm right.

Argh!! This is xaclty what we don't want. I told Beuhler he blew it and should get behind a real republican after his vote on the 'no due process' bill. I quit getting mailers from him.....

Yeah, I agree, Sam's the man, however.......... Buehler, while a RINO may actually have a chance to pull some swing votes that Carpenter can't. Fence sitters will see him as too 'right' and vote D again. The number of registered Dems in Oregon isn't that far ahead of registered R's but we have a lot of independents and libertarians who will vote which ever way they're pulled. Those are the votes we need to turn this state from solidly D to R. I fear getting Carpenter will pretty much ensure that the dems will hold the state. My feeling is we need to start turning it around somehow and if getting a RINO is the best we can hope for it's probably better than another progressive dem. At least if we had a guy in that's republican we can pressure him to stay w/us, another dem is just going to push the progressive liberal agenda farther and farther.

There's no way we're going to get what WE want in this state, hasn't happened in my lifetime yet. If we go all in they will go all left but maybe we can chip away at it until we've got something to stand on. Brown is leaving some of the folks in the middle thinking that she's gotta go, that's a start but I fear if we push too hard they will rally back to the left again.

Tough call really. I like Sam, he represents us best IMO but may just be too bitter a pill to swallow for some of the voters who can help start to swing this state back toward the middle.

This ^^ is exactly what I've been trying to get across. ;)

I agree that we should take Buehler over Brown and you might think that most other conservatives would think the same way but that is not entirely true. I have spent a lot of time on social media, forums, etc.. trying to convince many to do just that and to little avail. Myself, I am a Libertarian at heart but refuse to throw away my vote because I understand the ramifications of voting third party and splitting votes, to bad many more don't. There are a lot of conservatives that will vote their conscience only, meanwhile giving the election over to the democrats. It is not rational to allow this to happen. I am a Christian and just as conscientious a person as the next but do not see how allowing an even worse candidate to win is the best choice. It just makes no sense.

IMHO, the real question is, will we gain enough votes outside of our party in order to make up for the ones we will lose within? Whatever happens this is going to be a roller coaster of a ride and all that we can pray for is we will get a massive turn out toward our cause both in the primary as well as the general elections.

Let's put it this way, Who Ever will stand against anti 2nd politics and ip43 in Or. and be held to that, is who we should put in the Gov'ner seat, beyond that I really don't care. We need to Burn Kate, and take the big chair, then start whittling away at all the other anti 2nd politicos, we need to turn this thing Red!
I hate knute, I know he will stab us all in the back first chance he gets, but we know what Kate will do, and that'a far far worse!
I really wish the MSM would actually do it's job and report the actual truth for once, but we all know what that would lead to!:eek:
I'm voting Sam and see where we end up going ahead, and if it comes to a battle between Kate and Knute, we all gotta swallow that pill and VOTE him in!:eek:

I'm voting Sam and see where we end up going ahead, and if it comes to a battle between Kate and Knute, we all gotta swallow that pill and VOTE him in!:eek:

Well, if Sam Carpenter wins the primary with all the Pro 2A votes he's getting, I THINK you'l be need to swallow the Brown Pill as our next governor.

refuse to throw away my vote because I understand the ramifications of voting third party and splitting votes

That's exactly the strategy of manipulation, such that 'non-DNC candidates' are numerous and plentiful on the ballots....each vote that goes to 'other than DNC' lowers the risk of losing for the DNCbots.

Sorry Mike, I just don't see another Kate term, she has proven far to progressive and even to radical for the more hard core dems and the left, I see her going down in flames against ether Repubs! If there were a serious Dem challenger, then I might agree, but I just don't see her getting a pass this time! I know where your comming from, I don't exactly dissagree, but I just don't see it the way you do, I hope your wrong, but I will be right here to admit you were right when this is all finished if it goes the way you think it will! I think some beers are in order ether way!:)

Sorry Mike, I just don't see another Kate term, she has proven far to progressive and even to radical for the more hard core dems and the left, I see her going down in flames against ether Repubs! If there were a serious Dem challenger, then I might agree, but I just don't see her getting a pass this time! I know where your comming from, I don't exactly dissagree, but I just don't see it the way you do, I hope your wrong, but I will be right here to admit you were right when this is all finished if it goes the way you think it will! I think some beers are in order ether way!:)
I seem to recall the same being thought about Butt-F*** Barry in '12, though...

Look. At it this way, Kate really screwed the pooch when she tried to get her hands in the cook jar called PERS! Most public employees are solid dems, even the teachers who are pretty hard core, you don't touch pers, you don't even have wet dreams about toughing that money! She lost that Voter base, and while those numbers arnt huge, there big enough to show her the door and the big muck boot to give the extra push! There are other serious issues voters have, those that would historically support her, so she is going to loose big! Unless Oregon goes full stupid, or one of the Repubs says or does something really dumb, Kate's gone!:)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top