JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://oregonoutdoorcouncil.org/the-oregonian-continues-to-push-lead-ammo-ban/

Is The Oregonian willfully publishing deceitful information in an attempt to sway public opinion on banning traditional ammo (lead ammo)? Only they can answer that, but the evidence surely points to yes.

On July 3, 2014, The Oregonian published an opinion piece from someone claiming to be an Oregonian and a hunter. That someone is Rene Tatro. Rene Tatro is an environmental lawyer from Los Angeles specializing in "toxic tort." Don't worry, I too had to Google the definition.

A toxic tort is a particular type of personal injury lawsuit in which the plaintiff claims that exposure to a chemical caused the plaintiff's injury or disease.

Come to find out – by all professional listings – he's not even an Oregonian! Let's back up for a second, though. The original question was – "Is The Oregonian willfully publishing lies to sway public opinion?" You make the decision!

Read More...

I'm curious who they're talking to. The Oregonian is hardly a relevant paper any longer. By their own admission, their readership has been on the decline for some years. The latest restructuring of their format is a last ditch attempt to actually remain in print. My guess is they're going after this story because they believe it's a fringe topic that will potentially earn them some additional readers. Probably won't save them.

I think back to when I was a kid and had no idea how tainted and manupulative the paper is, and I wonder how many things I thought I knew back then were wrong. I just shake my head now when I see most of their stories.

Please tell me you're not surprised by this. The Oregonian and that enviro-shill Bill Monroe have been pushing this kind of agenda for years.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top