JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

Just when i though i was done being angry for a while, i find this. I'm working on a response to this and i hope you'll do the same. Here's my rough, rough draft:

The sheriff has no choice in who gets a concealed handgun license, as Oregon is a shall-issue state. That means you don't have to be some kind of "friend of the sheriff" just to be able to lawfully carry a weapon concealed, and that's the way it should be. If you pass the requirements, you are granted the PRIVILEGE of exercising what was once the RIGHT to keep and bear arms.

The idea of licensing a right is nothing more than an attack on my sovereignty as an individual. By whose authority can i not carry a weapon in defense of my own life? Last i checked, my life is my property and my responsibility. Whose business is it if i put a gun on my hip and if my jacket might happen to hide it? If you want less-philosophical arguments, what's the point of licensing something that can not be controlled? You can't stop bad men from getting guns, you can't stop them from carrying them. Maybe a few hot-heads who care what the law says will be disarmed by licensing, but i'd rather live in a society where we are born with rights than a one where we are granted privileges.

Oh, and using the phrase "to pack heat" makes one sound out-of-touch.

I don't even address most of the article, but i like getting to the heart of the matter.

:s0131:The difference between a chl and a plumber liscence as they referenced, is the word conceal. I don't think that word could be any more clear! Thanks for posting this, I will have to show this to some friends

The other difference of course is that the right to be a plumber is not guaranteed by the Constitution.;)

Oregonian- Portland, Oregon

East Oregonian - Pendleton, Oregon.

Ownership different. Editorial policy different.

Front page Oregonian, upper left corner, little box - "Rain this Morning, sprinkles this afternoon."

Front page East Oregonian, Banner headline - "Rain today!"

:D

Pops

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR