JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Out of bubblegum and giggles went on some Russian hunting sites to see what ammo they are selling. Well, I'm slightly jealous, not gonna lie. 17 rubles for a box of x39 = 23cents. 1 cent per rd :eek:.
I wander is it strictly supply&demand, raw material shortage or both that are causing the crazy prices here in the US.

0A9EC5BD-6F18-43DA-B49F-397A7AA4B971.jpeg

Out of bubblegum and giggles went on some Russian hunting sites to see what ammo they are selling. Well, I'm slightly jealous, not gonna lie. 17 rubles for a box of x39 = 23cents. 1 cent per rd :eek:.
I wander is it strictly supply&demand, raw material shortage or both that are causing the crazy prices here in the US.

View attachment 806406
Labor costs in the US likely far higher than Russia, but also.. shipping and import fees for Russian/EU made ammo :confused: Demand and politics also play a major part in it too. I wonder how expensive US made ammo is in Russia; if it exists on their market?

I know they are quite restrictive with firearms ownership there. I'll have to pick my father-in-law's brains when he visits. He did tell me that they had a buy back program and many complied.

825EF7E9-7875-4311-9B53-60FF03F641FD.jpeg
150 rubles - $2 :eek:

Russian legislation on gun control is relatively strict, limiting the circulation of firearms to Russian citizens older than eighteen years of age with a registered permanent residence, and for the purposes of self-defense, hunting, and sports activities only. The acquisition of guns is based on licenses provided for a five-year period by local police departments at one's place of residence after a thorough background check, including a review of the petitioner's ability to store guns safely and an evaluation of his/her medical records.

Individuals are allowed to have up to ten long-barreled guns in their possession, and more if they are collectibles. Individuals are not allowed to carry guns acquired for self-defense; a license only serves as a carrying permit for hunting and sport firearms when these guns need to be transported. Russian citizens may not own guns that shoot in bursts or have magazines with more than a ten-cartridge capacity. The legalization of short-barreled handguns is currently being discussed by the legislature.

Wow, that is quite strict. The government gets to evaluate your storage methods and mental health history before allowing you to own any firearms (for just five years at a time). No standard capacity magazines. Handguns cannot be owned at all, and carrying/using a gun for self defense is limited to private property.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top