JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
:angry: You know who you are. Either you've been around in the Gun trade/culture, for so long that you DO know everything there is to know about hunting rifles/hunting...Home Defense/shotguns...Milsurp/history...Modern Tactical systems/crappy add on's...WTSHTF scenario's /can foods....Ammunition........or you THINK you do. Maybe you're an FFL, or just a simple guy who frequently rents a table at the show in order to afford additions to your own collection. You're successful, or maybe you're struggling like everyone else. You might actually be an older guy, or you might be just plain middle aged...you still have the same attitude. It sucks. You've been around guns for so long, that you've lost your passion. Or, You might have simply seen it as a business opportunity. Its not the politicians, or the idiot masses who are the only ones killing the gun culture, and subsequently our rights......It's partly you! You represent ALL of us, and they (society) think you are a part of the threat.

You're unfriendly, you're rude, you're cocky, you're unforgiving of ignorance, you're a shyster, you're a poor businessman, you're difficult, you're not even a very good person! The only people you show respect are other old arseholes such as yourself who also think they know everything. You're unwilling to simply discuss a difference of opinion...you have to make sure that everyone in the surrounding area knows that you are correct, (or at least think you are) and that the person standing in front of you is an idiot. (in your opinion) You act as if you had to fight your way through every major war and bush conflict that the U.S. has been involved in........just in order to stand behind a gun counter/show booth/shooting range.
Your Surly and unfriendly attitude both offends and angers people around you. Your anti-social behaviors, and gun collecting "ways" scare the piss out of "normal" citizens. They think you are a nutcase.
We are the next generation. We do the same things you do. We are under the age of 40. We support our rights. We open/conceal carry legally. We served our country also. We are combat veterans. We are friendly to our neighbors, even though we've only known them for six months. We chat with people about our guns, and are excited about the next piece in our collection. We love to talk about guns, and we KNOW that the best, and most reliable information comes from others with more experience. We would consider ourselves lucky to spend a day behind that counter, or in that workshop learned how to re-blue a bolt. We WANT to respect you! We're not asking for you to hold our hands, or pass us a f'n lollipop.....just be friendly!

We would be ecstatic to sit and listen to your stories, and opinions all day long.......but you have to shut the **** up and listen to us for a minute. You have to treat us as if we've earned some amount of respect. When we ask you a question about something you once loved, you should answer that question as if its a joy to SHARE, Not a burden. The more of a Jerk you become....the less of us who will bother to stick around. The fewer to learn. The fewer to pass on this Legacy. That's just F'n sad. :(

ok Jr turn down that gangsta rap and put down the playstation joy stick and listen here:s0114:

ya know i'm kidding right.

some old men are just grumpy some day you will be old and when your old and Jealous of youth you will probably be grumpy too.

I am not gumpy however i suffer form Al bundy syndrome

And I do know everything, however i could be wrong

It happens everywhere, and it's certainly not just me. I see people of all ages being treated like crap because they're on the wrong side of the counter. If gun sales were run like pretty much any other type of sales....most of them would go out of business in short freakin order. Instead, they get business anyway, because gun salesman are dickheads EVERYwhere! I just saw a 55+ year old get talked down to by a punk kid at Ben's yesterday. He asked a reasonable question, and the snotty attitude coming off the kid made me want to jerk him over the counter. This type of disrespect goes both ways, and is deplorable no matter what the situation. I was in Discount last week and the kid in there looked to be about 15. Every question I asked him that wasn't directly related to an AR system just rolled right over his head. His own nasty, unfriendly attitude was nothing more than a cover-up for his ignorance. The REAL problem is that if we simply stopped patronizing all those places where the staff/help/owners where unsatisfactory...than where would we go? We'd run out of choices and simply have to give up. I'd rather give up some pride than lose my ability to shoot and collect, BUT....I'm not gonna do it without some bubbleguming!!

As one of the oldest members here..I'll put my .02 worth up.. I've been shooting..collecting firearms for just 51 years now..and everyday..I'm rudely reminded..just how much I DON'T know.. I value everyone's experience..as there are countless members out there..who know waaaaaay more than I do..about various types of firearms and so forth..

In fact..numerous other members here can tell you of the times I've contacted them for info..on something I've never owned..or know little about.. So far..every one of them has been more than courtious..and helpful to whatever extent they could be..

Let me point out..in case you missed it.. I value "experience".. As for opinions..well..everybody has one..just like everyone has an ***hole.. If they aren't based on experience/knowledge..they aint worth ****.

Do I know a few things? H.ell..you can't live as long as me..without learning something.. But..I'm by no means an expert..and a lot of the things I've learned by experience..I really wish I hadn't.. Been shot a few times..so I can tell ya what that's like..and..yeah..been on the other side of that coin too..but don't like to talk about it much..and certainly don't think that gives me any special qualifications as an advisor..

I'm often tempted to respond to posts on here..like questions about which firearms are pure crap..and so forth.. And..I definitely have a few manufacturers that leap to mind.. But..I find I usually keep my opinions..even though based on experience..to myself..rather than coming off sounding all "know it all"..

In short..this site..or any other is pretty much like anywhere you go in life.. You're going to find those with knowledege..that for the most part are willing to share it to help you..and those that wish they had the knowledge they want you to believe they do..

Mah Momma always told me..Life is like a box of chocolates..you never know what you're gonna get....

most of the guys i see behind the table at gun shows are pretty good guys

i still remember a old guy offering me $300 for a preban colt with a M4 upper during the ban with tables all over with same rifle for 2K and try to tell me that was a generous offer since it was only worth $450

what i don't get is the arrogance of some of the dealers just because they are selling guns they think they are Rock stars and just like rock stars are just dorks in real life .

but its not only just the old guys give a young guy a class 3 FFL and you better not look him in the eye and be ready to bow down to get his attention

I also think since Guns to many is almost like a addition they get that drug dealer mentality.

what i don't get is the arrogance of some of the dealers just because they are selling guns they think they are Rock stars and just like rock stars are just dorks in real life .

I love the analogy. I met several "rock stars" when I worked as a rep for Ovation guitars and Gibson. And yes, some of them are real dorks (I almost threw Ricky Rocket, the drummer for Poison, out of a hospitally Suite when I worked for Gibson), but a lot of them are nice folks too. Just like in any other walk of life. BTW, Nancy Wilson of Heart is a charming as she is cute. ;)

Bottom line is that many people get into the gun business for the same reason musicians start music stores. They love dealing with the products, but are mostly clueless about the business and customer service end of it.

I love the analogy. I met several "rock stars" when I worked as a rep for Ovation guitars and Gibson. And yes, some of them are real dorks (I almost threw Ricky Rocket, the drummer for Poison, out of a hospitally Suite when I worked for Gibson), but a lot of them are nice folks too. Just like in any other walk of life. BTW, Nancy Wilson of Heart is a charming as she is cute. ;)

Bottom line is that many people get into the gun business for the same reason musicians start music stores. They love dealing with the products, but are mostly clueless about the business and customer service end of it.

I used to be in a band and we started to get a local following and you should have seen the heads swell.

Too much drama for me.

The way I look at it, if a guys an *** then he's an *** whether he sells/trades firearms or not. Some people are just that way in all aspects of their life and unfortunately sometimes ya have to deal with them. But next time you'll know to go to someone else.

OldFartActionFig.jpg

most of the guys i see behind the table at gun shows are pretty good guys

i still remember a old guy offering me $300 for a preban colt with a M4 upper during the ban with tables all over with same rifle for 2K and try to tell me that was a generous offer since it was only worth $450

but its not only just the old guys give a young guy a class 3 FFL and you better not look him in the eye and be ready to bow down to get his attention

I also think since Guns to many is almost like a addition they get that drug dealer mentality.

I don't know what is worse, the self important think they're Rockstar dealer d bags, or the Fanboi's who kiss their behinds and defend their poor behavior.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top