JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How handy, it declares an emergency on passing. Extra powers for the state.

Hell, they even included .22 rifle tube magazines over 10 rounds and lever actions. (Section 2, D, 5a-c)

You may not be able to change their minds but contact them anyhow and let them know that their votes on HB 3200 will have political consequences next election, if they hear that from enough of their constituents they may decide its not worth actively pursuing the issue. Also contact Rep. Barker, he is the chair of the House Judiciary Committee and a generally pro-gun Democrat - he has a lot of power in regards to this bills future. Be polite, be factual, make sound logical arguments and remind them that you vote.

Thanks for the heads up on Barker.

I e mailed all of our state representatives about 13 minutes ago. less then 10 minutes later I got this reply from Tim Freeman. I appreciate his, or his assistant's prompt response and pro gun stance.

Last week I dropped HB3006 (you may recognize that as .30-06). This bill would protect our state from infringement on our Second Amendment rights by the Federal Government. Quite a few of my colleagues in both the House and Senate have signed on to the bill already. While some are angered by this bill, both the US and Oregon Constitutions are clear:
"US Constitution, Amendment II
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
"Oregon Constitution Section 27:
Right to Bear Arms; Military Subordinate to Civil Power
The people shall have the right to bear arms for the defence [sic] of themselves, and the State, but the Military shall be kept in strict subordination to the civil power[.]"
As always, thank you for taking the time to stay involved in your state government. Remember, this is your State Legislature and I'm here to serve you. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact my office at 503.986.1402 or drop by for a visit.
Tim Freeman
State Representative, House District 2

Today, my wife FINALLY got on board and started writing letters and contacting our elected officials when I told her about HB 3200. I have been encouraging her for quite some time to get involved and like many people, she would rather not get involved...let somebody else do it.
Well HB 3200 was enough to push her over the edge, and she might even be willing to submit the auto-mailers, write more letters and attend some of the protest events at the Capitol now.

Any lawmaker who is a proponent of "Gun Free Zones" should be criminally liable for the deaths which occur in them. I don't know how to address that with them. I'm thinking of going this route which probably doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of working.

"I'm confused. Please clarify for me what your reasoning is behind making schools and other places "gun free zones." It confuses me that you would support such when almost all of the recent mass shootings have occurred in "gun free zones" and also clarify how you think that would stop a criminal who doesn't follow law would help? This strikes me, which I saw someone write, that it is like declaring that you will castrate all males in the state because this one guy has fathered more kids than you agree he should have had. Why are you seeking to hurt the law abiding citizens? What have we done to you? Why do you insist to keep us from being able to defend ourselves, or anyone else for that matter, when we are out in public? Out of 100 million gun owners a minute number actually do anything which would even remotely come close to what you are proposing. The overwhelming majority of those who have used guns against others are those who have chosen to willingly violate the law. So, why not actually punish those who do criminal acts and not punish all of us who have done nothing. Would you like it if someone made it almost impossible for you to get a car, or even a certain type of car, just because one person killed 30 people while driving drunk? Well, that's in essence what you are attempting to do to us."

Like I said, it won't likely help but that's what I will probably use.

I just used OFF's automailer. I sent a letter to all of them. Grandstanding is one thing but what about all of the time and money this wastes? This stuff is getting pretty old but i'm sticking with the fight. I'm going to be charged with spamming before too long.
Keep Up The Good Fight!

Read section 4 carefully. It limits you to one, "assault weapon" and three magazines for it, if you go through a background check. Then go and read how they define "assault weapon" in section 1-2. Its basically any semi auto gun capable of using a magazine with 10+ round capacity.

This bill appears to be almost an exact duplicate of the bill that was put forth in Missouri. Both require the surrender/sale/transport out of state of "assault" weapons/mags, etc. The willingness of these idiots to submit the bill shows where we as a society are either headed or going away from. It also states how fragile our inalienable rights are. If we continue with developing a royal presidency, our rights will suffer by the decrees from the president or his regulatory agencies.

Sodbuster

I just called my reps office and according to my reps office this bill is dead and will not even come up for a vote, we will see.

He's a state rep and you believe him?? I'm not knocking you, remember these people can talk out of both sides of their mouth at once. Its just more fuel for the fire, if they even get ONE of these items out of the whole list, its something, WE LOOSE. Come voting time, there should be a complete list of who started this, and anyone who helped to design it. Then, get them voted out once and for all.

Write to Floyd Prozanski and remind him of his previous statement. I did.

Senate Judiciary Chairman Floyd Prozanski, D-Eugene, who is another key figure in the gun-control debate, said he doesn't plan to take up Burdick's legislation or another bill in the House that would bar the sale of semi-automatic military-style rifles often known as assault weapons.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top