Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

The Obamacare Death Spiral Crash & Burn

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by rufus, Nov 6, 2013.

1. rufus

rufus State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

As tired as we are about this thing called Obamacare, we cannot look away. It is going to affect all of us in a very negative way if it hasn't already:

The Coming Obamacare Bailout

Taxpayers will have a choice: settle for single-payer or bail out private insurance, which otherwise won’t survive the ravages of Obamacare.

Can we just impeach Obama now and exterminate his health insurance industry takeover before it's too late? Change it back America!

2. 2506

2506 Seattle Well-Known Member

Sadly, impeachment won't make a difference one way or the other. Remember your line of succession. You'd have to get rid of Obama, then Biden, and put your hopes on Boehner who is, for all intents and purposes, Democrat in Republican clothing. That possibility is Obama's bullet-proof vest.

3. Martini_Up

Martini_Up NW USA Well-Known Member

As 25 eludes to, the beast is much bigger than one person. Impeachment is tantamount to giving the beast a hair cut (or is it fur cut?? :bluelaugh: )

4. rufus

Sad but true. Biden then Boehner, a hopeless proposition.

Sling Blade and (deleted member) like this.
  5. BZawlocki

BZawlocki Lower Puget Sound Member

I actually don't think there will be the need to bail out the insurance companies cause they all raised their rates to cover the new ObamaCare regs and insure that they don't go out of business.

The vast majority of new medical insurance enrollees on WaHealthPlanFinder are on Medicaid - which is tax payer paid. In WA state alone that's over 40,000 new Medicaid enrollees and we get to pay for their premiums through taxes.

So, Obamacare is actually just a new entitlement program. We middle class tax paying citizens will pickup the bill for these new Medicaid enrollees. And the insurance companies love this - the government is forcing customers on them.

And to add insult to injury - not only will our taxes go up to pay for more Medicaid enrollees, but the cost of medical insurance for middle class Americans is proving to be about double.

If you work and you're above the poverty level and you couldn't affort medical insurance before ObamaCare you certainly won't be able to afford it now. ObamaCare doesn't help middle class Americans!

rufus, Brutus57, fuhr52 and 3 others like this.
  6. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

I predicted that Benghazi would likely get this Potus impeached and still believe it IF we can flip the Senate and grab more in the House. Both doable. With the individual mandate Not pushed back I think it's a good possibility the dems will be hoisted b their own ACA petard, as it were. Mr. Ryan needs to come up with a workable alternative. The conservatives should pay a consultant to run the numbers and come up with a healthcare plan that will be sustainable and less damaging and intrusive. This will get the moderate Dems on board because I think more and more are realizing their goose is cooked next election because they so staunchly supported this disastrous redistribution of wealth. My informed, and humble opinion. Ymmv.
    And hope.
    Brutus out

7. rufus

I like your reference to Mr. Ryan and agree with the idea of a workable alternative. The problem is the GOP in its current form is inept. The stage is set and the time is now, but where is Boehner? If Ryan made waves, as he should, the McStain's of the party would punish him endlessly.

The Tea Party needs to break away from the GOP and rock it alone.

Sling Blade and (deleted member) like this.
  8. BZawlocki

Sadly I must agree with you - the GOP is broken and must change.

Bill

Sling Blade, Caveman Jim, GOG and 3 others like this.
  9. GOG

GOG State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

I think the Tea Party should continue to co-opt the Republican party whenever possible. It could take generations for a third party to become effective, if ever and we just don't have the luxury of time.

BTW, not only did a Dem/liberal back the third party candidate in Virginia, the Republican suits barely funded Cuccinelli. They pretty much ensured he'd fail and he still just barely lost in spite of their chicanery.

Caveman Jim, OLDNEWBIE, timac and 3 others like this.
  10. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Fixed it for ya

11. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

And in the end it is still the poor and middle classed taxpayers who take it in the shorts, just another way for our hard earned money to be extorted from us by our government !!!

Father of four, rufus, GOG and 5 others like this.
  12. BillM

BillM Amity OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Hmmmm-----there must be SOMEONE on the list that isn't part of the problem.

# Office Current officer
    1 Vice President of the United States Joe Biden (D)
    2 Speaker of the House John Boehner (R)
    3 President pro tempore of the Senate Patrick Leahy (D)
    4 Secretary of State John Kerry (D)
    5 Secretary of the Treasury Jacob Lew (D)
    6 Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel (R)
    7 Attorney General Eric Holder (D)
    — Secretary of the Interior Sally Jewell (D)[a]
    8 Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack (D)
    9 Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker (D)
    10 Secretary of Labor Thomas Perez (D)
    11 Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius (D)
    12 Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Shaun Donovan (D)
    13 Secretary of Transportation Anthony Foxx (D)
    14 Secretary of Energy Ernest Moniz (D)
    15 Secretary of Education Arne Duncan (D)
    16 Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric Shinseki (I)

Good old Joe Biden is without a doubt the best insurance policy
    that Obama could buy.

13. BZawlocki

If it were only that simple - the corruption seems to be pretty wide spread back there.

14. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

I'm not going to check it out from my IP address, but I've heard tell for years that "whitehouse.com" is a p*rnsite.

Maybe the traitor in chief and his guffawing jester Joe should hire the administrators of that website to put up something that actually works.

15. Diamondback

Diamondback A cold, wet green Hell Well-Known Member

Yep... the first name on that list that MIGHT be worth a rotting pile of crap is MAYBE Shinseki.

16. ARKLITE881South

ARKLITE881South USA Well-Known Member

We can only Pray that would happen, but, i doubt it will. This administration has a record of ignoring and steamrolling over anything that is distasteful to them, or that they want to hide. I'm still wondering WHEN the American people are going to stand together and start pushing back!!!

17. rufus

As of this morning, Dinglebarry's job approval rating is 37%. Can you imagine that, 37% of America approves? The press is blown away by the low number. I find it amazingly high, almost impossibly high.

18. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

3.7%??

I'm surprised it's that high :p

19. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

During a press conference today with "Sebillious", they were demonstrating the web site and the damned thing crashed!! You can't write a comedy any better than this!!

20. 2506

2506 Seattle Well-Known Member

I'd agree with you, except I'm not so sure there even is a middle class anymore.