JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
whoda thunk, those gotta be from a pro gun paper! wait thats the sacramento bee reporting that. miracles do happen:s0053::banana::s0056::s0056:

One interesting flaw in such stats is actually pointed out in the article itself - we don't know if some liberal family bought their first gun, or some paranoid long time gun enthusiast is buying their 20th (before Obama bans them).

One interesting flaw in such stats is actually pointed out in the article itself - we don't know if some liberal family bought their first gun, or some paranoid long time gun enthusiast is buying their 20th (before Obama bans them).

And how would that change the points in the article?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

And how would that change the points in the article?

Point being we actually don't know if number of gun owners is increasing, decreasing or staying constant. For example, if in fact the number of gun owners is decreasing, some may say that's what decrease in gun injuries and death is tied to.

Point being we actually don't know if number of gun owners is increasing, decreasing or staying constant. For example, if in fact the number of gun owners is decreasing, some may say that's what decrease in gun injuries and death is tied to.

Placing doubt in statistics that don't appease your own wishful beliefs, only shows the doubt you have in your own argument.

Placing doubt in statistics that don't appease your own wishful beliefs, only shows the doubt you have in your own argument.

I don't doubt that firearms sales increased. I don't doubt that gun deaths/injuries decreased. What I said was that based on those two alone no pro-gun argument can be made.

But the gun hating liberals say more guns more violence period! So that means the data is valid against such nonsense.

And some gun loving people on this site are saying blue helmets will be confiscating guns by Obama's orders :)

Explain please.

The idea of "more guns" and "less guns" is not in itself indicative of anything. If I own a firearm, and buy yet another one, am I safer ? Am I a larger deterrent for crime ? Am I more likely to commit suicide ? Am I a larger threat to society ? I think neither. Nothing has really changed - I was a gun owner, and I stay a gun owner. On the other hand, the records will show increase in gun sales - I bought another gun, right ? So how is that useful ? And I mean, sure, you could use such stats against unprepared surface-scratching anti gunners. But once you run into some intelligent opposition, you will look like a fool. Don't forget - college educated middle class urban residents are more likely to lean left :)

I don't doubt that firearms sales increased. I don't doubt that gun deaths/injuries decreased. What I said was that based on those two alone no pro-gun argument can be made.

So you admit & don't doubt, it wasn't the fork that made your mama eat the fat cake, but her own will power & choices (which so called crazy people blame on 'voices' or their 'brain'). Thank you. No i don't buy any person's argument when they claim they are 'crazy' & their brain made them do it like its some seperate tool from the rest of their body & their whole, including whatever you want to call a soul. It all needs to pay. A person's excuse trying to blame their brain as being crazy is much like you trying to blame the tool you so commonly try to blame, A Gun. Or some specific type of Gun.

So you admit it wasn't the fork that made your mama eat the fat cake, but her own will power & choices (which so called crazy people blame on 'voices'). Thank you. No i don't buy any person's argument when they claim they are 'crazy' & their brain made them do it like its some seperate tool from the rest of their body & their whole, including whatever you want to call a soul. It all needs to pay. A person's excuse trying to blame their brain as being crazy is much like you trying to blame another tool you so commonly blame, a gun. Or type of gun.

Eh ?

I think both sides of this argument of why the guy in CT, did what he did, are taking the wrong path. Purposely, because they DO NOT know the answer. They both want to blame some codified simple tool for the reason behind this @$$hole doing what he did. One side is blaming the Gun, the other is blaming the Brain. It's neither. Obviously.

I think even the ones that do evil don't even know "why" they do it. Fact is blaming won't bring anyone back. People are so feeble minded I swear. Anyone remember No Country For Old Men? You cant stop whats coming.

Clearly people are acquiring what they can, while they still can. Long time shooters as well as those new to the sport. There is much uncertainty right now as we all know.

Last Edited:
I think both sides of this argument of why the guy in CT, dd what he did, are taking the wrong path. Purposely, because they DO NOT know the answer. They both want to blame some codified simple tool for the reason behind this @$$hole doing what he did. One side is blaming the Gun, the other is blaming the Brain. It's neither. Obviously.

Part of successful reasoning lies in proper understanding of the opposing argument. I am not sure where you heard that stuff about blame being put on the gun. Most anti-gun theories related to this (and similar) incident are that the gun facilitated his actions, and should he had a harder time to obtain one, it may never had happen, or at least without so many casualties.

So if the data showed an increase in crime / violence would you say that data supported the anti-gun argument?

I think both sides of this argument of why the guy in CT, did what he did, are taking the wrong path. Purposely, because they DO NOT know the answer. They both want to blame some codified simple tool for the reason behind this @$$hole doing what he did. One side is blaming the Gun, the other is blaming the Brain. It's neither. Obviously.

It's not my burden to figure out why evil people do evil things. It is my burden to understand that evil people will do evil things and my burden to decide to protect myself and other good people.

Part of successful reasoning lies in proper understanding of the opposing argument. I am not sure where you heard that stuff about blame being put on the gun. Most anti-gun theories related to this (and similar) incident are that the gun facilitated his actions, and should he had a harder time to obtain one, it may never had happen, or at least without so many casualties.

Look at it this way. You want to circle around and act like you are getting further away (spin). You say if he had a harder time obtaining that specific gun, what happened or "worse" would not have happened. You are blaming the tool then that was used by this specific type of guy (citizen), BUT, Imagine this, NOT the same tool when it is used by those you approve of. Which is not other civilians. But only an 'Authority' such as the U.S Government & all other Governments wish to claim with the U.N agenda.

You're faith & loyalty was proven when you first spoke up against someone that did not do what this guy did (every other civilian), yet excused your desire to take away from those that did not do what this guy did. You exempt the police & other internal (they claim) 'needed' UN approved employees. After all if this tool was made harder to obtain for all other's except your approved 'authorities', what possibly would be the worst to happen. That has NOT already happened in the history of Governments? (Except it HAS happened, IE the Worse)). The slow processing within your brain, is causing you to not see immediately, what is known immediately & that is your own stupidity.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top