JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On June 27, 26 United States Senators sent a letter to James Clapper, the Director of National Intelligence. The letter called attention to the fact that domestic spying by the United States government on American citizens includes the collection of information on firearms sales. The letter said the following: “And the bulk collection authority could potentially supersede bans on maintaining gun owner databases. . . .”
We now know that the NSA and other domestic spying organizations have collected all of our communications information that has been transmitted through phones, emails, and other digital communications media.
We also know that business records have been collected. The Patriot Act authorizes this. The question now is this: How comprehensive has this collection process been? It appears to have been comprehensive to the extreme.
This means that the previous attempts by Congress to restrict the snooping of the government into our personal records has been utterly impotent. It has had no effect whatsoever. The government has collected this information, and it is now stored in government databases.
There is nothing Congress can do to stop this, other than to cut the budgets of the NSA, the CIA, and other surveillance organizations. But these budgets are hidden from Congress. Congress in fact does not even know how large these budgets are. So, Congress is utterly impotent. Yes, 26 members can send an inquiry to the temporary head of intelligence, who is a political appointee. But how much authority does he have to pry information out of these secret organizations? He has no meaningful authority. He cannot fire anybody. He cannot cut their budgets. He is simply a temporary appointment, and his term appointment will end in a few years. The agencies can stonewall him, the same way they have stonewalled every other temporary political appointee. As long as their budgets are intact, they cannot be touched, and their budgets are not even known.
Meanwhile, they have records on every Congressman, every Senator, and every temporary political appointee who supposedly runs the show. Call this bulk blackmail data.
The best we can hope for is this: there is so much information that the snoopers will not be able to have the manpower to follow through on all of the data they have collected. We can forget about the possibility of getting these agencies to erase the data.
Continue Reading on www.wyden.senate.gov

Read more: The NSA Has All Non-Gun Show Sales in Its Files. : The Tea Party Economist

I read yhis earlier and I thought Wyden voted yes on the Feinstein bill and the UN bill. Why would he care about the goverment having firearm records?

I'm also confused about Wydens' reaction to this. He's on the Senate select committee on intelligence. Was he sleeping through meetings? Is he running a false investigation with pre-arranged results that show the President was either acting legally or has plausible deniability?

I'm not sure he cares about firearms records. I think it is more privacy in general that he is concerned with. He is probably using guns to get more support in his home state.

No they don't. I have numerous firearms that the purchase of had no BGC no paper work no digital information transfer no nothing for the NAS to have collected. Heck I have firearms the seller never had a clue what my name is. I have firearms that no monies were ever transferred.

SO while your title is titillating it is sure not accurate.

No they don't. I have numerous firearms that the purchase of had no BGC no paper work no digital information transfer no nothing for the NAS to have collected. Heck I have firearms the seller never had a clue what my name is. I have firearms that no monies were ever transferred.

They know now. You just told em......

Ohhhh my, is that the hum of a distant drone I hear?

I am really sorry, officer...my dog ate them, yup, everyone, like with a fork, umm yeah....

Wyden must be up for election.....

What gave it away? :)

Hopefully he'll grace us with his presence soon and buy or claim some shack as his Oregon residence.

Edit: Oregon state gov already has info for every gun purchased in state with a background check. Sure, they transmit the data to the FBI but you're going to tell me they don't keep that data somewhere? Of course they do. I doubt the FBI and ATF truly get rid of that data either despite the laws against it and its obvious the NSA keeps it as they hoover up whatever data they get through the internet tubes.

What gave it away? :)

Hopefully he'll grace us with his presence soon and buy or claim some shack as his Oregon residence.

Edit: Oregon state gov already has info for every gun purchased in state with a background check. Sure, they transmit the data to the FBI but you're going to tell me they don't keep that data somewhere? Of course they do. I doubt the FBI and ATF truly get rid of that data either despite the laws against it and its obvious the NSA keeps it as they hoover up whatever data they get through the internet tubes.

Oregon law requires them to destroy the data after a specific time period. While, yes they may just archive it off to another database I know that when I've sold firearms to dealers the Oregon office who did the paperwork had no record of the firearm I was selling. And yes, I bought it only a year or two prior from a dealer.

Not saying that the NSA or even Oregon has copies of the records somewhere else, but it seems the desk jockeys at least don't have it.

They know now. You just told em......

Yes because everything someone types on the internet is fact.

So lets see because I have now stated I have these unknown firearms so what they will come looking for them right before the magical SHTF event, right after, or maybe during? Or will it be the blue helmeted Russian troops sent to Silverton to collect up my firearms.

You guys and your fear of shadows so amuses me. Maybe you should worrying about something that would actually make the world a better place. Instead of who the boogieman is going to get.

Yes because everything someone types on the internet is fact.

So lets see because I have now stated I have these unknown firearms so what they will come looking for them right before the magical SHTF event, right after, or maybe during? Or will it be the blue helmeted Russian troops sent to Silverton to collect up my firearms.

You guys and your fear of shadows so amuses me. Maybe you should worrying about something that would actually make the world a better place. Instead of who the boogieman is going to get.

If we had fear of shadows, no one would be here.
Its more know thy enemy.
Remember their weakness.
Feed them spoiled fruit.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads