JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have disagreed with the NRA on multiple occasions for multiple issues. BUT: The NRA is the most powerful and influential lobby organization that has ever existed on the face of the earth, period. We are fortunate that the issue they are involved with is a basic tenet of human freedom. And that is why I have not separated myself from them even when a disagreement initially seems to indicate I should.

thanks Dave

Think nothing of it.

Well, to set the record straight:
Heller was NOT a SAF case. That one was done by Robert Levy and CATO

McDonald was a SAF case...funded by SAF. NRA had its own case that was not accepted for review by SCOTUS and so they managed to get some argument time during McDonald.

I, uhhhhh, have this "thing" about one organization taking credit, or even appearing to take credit, for something another group did.

It is widely known I did three terms as an NRA Director, so if NRA had won either Heller or McDonald, I'd have said so with delight. Likewise with SAF, which owns Gun Week, where I currently hang my poison pen. SAF won McDonald. It was a SAF case, nobody else's. :rolleyes:

I gave up on NRA years ago. With the clout and amount of money they have... they should be taking on every case and giving it 100%

That being said, the bigger issue should be doing away with the P-Act all together. No American should be subject to that crap, and if you a foreign national who is suspected of something... you should be deported or not allowed in the country in the first place.

Dont agree? Think all of this post 9/11 legislation is a good thing? Are you willing to give up some of your liberty for some perceived safety? Mark my words... the next time guns are banned it will be in the name of stopping terrorism.

Dont think that the Republicans have your back 100% either. Remember that the same administration that allowed the AWB to expire is the same administration that allowed confiscation of privately owned firearms from survivors of Katrina... from 'law-abiding' citizens who were not making any trouble.

The NRA CAREFULLY selects the cases it supports. In fact the reason the Heller case didn't get their support was because it wasn't narrow enough, but once they saw it was going before SCOTUS they threw their whole weight behind it. The latest 1st Freedom explains their stance and gives examples of cases that have gone against the 2nd Amendment just because the attorney wasn't versed in how to defend his client.
can the NRA or any Org afford $$$ to battle every possible court case??? I don't think so. Yes they have made some decisions I don't like, but they only have so much firepower.

"Dont think that the Republicans have your back 100% either. Remember that the same administration that allowed the AWB to expire is the same administration that allowed confiscation of privately owned firearms from survivors of Katrina... from 'law-abiding' citizens who were not making any trouble."

You're being too kind, it was also that admin that gave us the "Patriot Act"!!

Someone mentioned there are 80 mm gun owners and 4.5 million NRA members, from that concluded the other 75 million of us aren't pulling our weight. There's another way to look at that.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top