JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My money says Nevada has enough registered voters that are Pro-Gun, pro 2nA. The battle is easier to win there. Whereas Oregon belongs to anti-gunners & Bloomberg.

Bottom line, it is in the numbers.............Want to make a change, have to have the votes.

The NRA will pick battles it can win.

Foreverlost,

I am still PO'd they didn't really show up here in WA or OR. Maybe they figured it was a lost cause but they sure send plenty of asks for money to members. They should have put that money in postage and slick asks in to fighting I594 and promoting I591 over it.
Every news channel 4,5,7 & 11, & 13 should have had an NRA commercial leading up to the election explaining the ridiculousness of I594,
Brutus Out

Been a NRA since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Disappointed that OR & WA received little or no support from the NRA...........Yes.

Bottom line..............OR & WA seems not to have the votes.............

Will the NRA waste their money............don't think so.
Want more support from the NRA........get more pro-2nA voters, enough to make a difference at the polls. Organize........(one large voice).....................Start now...............get pro-2nA people in place to run for office. That is how it works.

Foreverlost,

Been a NRA since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Disappointed that OR & WA received little or no support from the NRA...........Yes.

Bottom line..............OR & WA seems not to have the votes.............

Will the NRA waste their money............don't think so.
Want more support from the NRA........get more pro-2nA voters, enough to make a difference at the polls. Organize........(one large voice).....................Start now...............get pro-2nA people in place to run for office. That is how it works.

Foreverlost,

So I guess The Second Amendment Foundation is wasting their money, then?

https://www.saf.org/saf-files-notice-of-appeal-in-challenge-to-washington-gun-control-law/
https://www.saf.org/saf-spearheads-federal-lawsuit-against-i-594/
https://www.saf.org/saf-considers-next-move-after-judge-dismisses-i-594-lawsuit/

Because while the SAF has been doing injunctions, appeals and lawsuits, the NRA has been doing NOTHING.

Too many Occupy Idiots in our two states. My guess is that the NRA did not want to waste any money trying to educate this crowd

OccupyPortland.jpg

Not really. We need a voice in D.C. too.

Please don't let the people that would divide and conquer gun owners have your soul.

SAF (Second Amendment Foundation)
NAGR (National Association for Gun Rights)
JPFO (Jews for the Preservation of Gun Rights)

These organizations actually care about your gun rights and don't have luxurious parties and events to raise money. These organizations also don't go to bed with legislators or lobby for more money from donors to fights gun bills that will never pass.

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/hr-45-and-the-nra.5812/

Ironic, isn't it? The NRA needs money to fight bills like HR 45 that don't have a chance in passing but refuse to fight against I-594 (at least in any significant way) because they would be wasting money.

WOW, I thought it was bout getting THE VOTES, not making some predetermined "we don't have enough votes so screw the gun owners already there? How about, lets go after the fence sitters and tell them what the law will really do to law abiding gun owners while doing nothing to stop violence in the streets, etc. Pretty sure WA has far larger population than Nevada, how about trying to get out their National "big guns" and persuade the voters of WA and OR.

Brutus Out

Does the NRA hold any promotional events in Las Vegas?
If I was a big muckity muck in the NRA, I certainly wouldn't want to miss out on a free vacation, I mean work related trip to Vegas.

SAF (Second Amendment Foundation)
NAGR (National Association for Gun Rights)
JPFO (Jews for the Preservation of Gun Rights)

These organizations actually care about your gun rights and don't have luxurious parties and events to raise money. These organizations also don't go to bed with legislators or lobby for more money from donors to fights gun bills that will never pass.

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/hr-45-and-the-nra.5812/

Ironic, isn't it? The NRA needs money to fight bills like HR 45 that don't have a chance in passing but refuse to fight against I-594 (at least in any significant way) because they would be wasting money.
I agree with what all of those groups do, especially their legal/court actions.
But if they were on this list:
http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php
Like the NRA is, and were actually lobbying congress on behalf of gun owners and manufacturers, they would be on that list too.

There's room for multiple strategies when it comes to fighting the gun grabbers. And sometimes it's the big money that talks the loudest.
And if they have to use lavish parties to gather the cash for that war-chest, so be it.

Don't hate them for their success when they spend so much on your behalf.

WOW, I thought it was bout getting THE VOTES, not making some predetermined "we don't have enough votes so screw the gun owners already there? How about, lets go after the fence sitters and tell them what the law will really do to law abiding gun owners while doing nothing to stop violence in the streets, etc. Pretty sure WA has far larger population than Nevada, how about trying to get out their National "big guns" and persuade the voters of WA and OR.

Brutus Out
Have you considered a career as a political strategist? I'm sure with a little polling you could find out in no time whether or not that idea is a viable one.

The issue is not the NRA, SAF, NAGR, JPFO, or any group with the same thought process! Please, just for a moment, put all of the above in the same "BAG". Ask yourself; Are there enough votes to make a difference? If that voting block is not large enough, tuff titty said the kitty. Majority Rules!

Thank your lucky stars one group decided years ago to stay in D.C. and wage the fight on the political front.

Val Hoyle, Chuck Riley, and other ilk did not get into office without a majority vote. For those unwilling to play politics.........tuff titty.

Foreverlost,

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads