JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
threshold for getting enough signatures is pretty low in Washington, so I'm sure they can manage to get it on the ballot if they really want to.

That's fine by me. I don't think I'm being at all over-confident in thinking that they would be absolutely crushed in an election, especially an off-year one. As importantly, it would allow us to get so much good data out there to people who simply don't know anything about guns that it would crush the entire gun-control agenda for a long time to come.

Don't get me wrong, all things considered, I'd just as soon it never came to a vote. But the facts and the demographics on this are so massively on our side it would be our election to lose. It's all well to donate to NRA, but can you imagine how much money we could raise for an ad campaign to defeat a ballot measure like this? Every gun owner I know would give til it hurt.

One of the reasons NRA and others can't marshal that kind of support is that they are fighting lots of battles in lots of places. I'm happy to give them SOME money, but the kind of cash I'm willing to give to fight a battle in Poducah KY is a lot less than I'd pony up for a fight like this in my own state.

A straight up ballot measure like this is an easy sell for fund-raising for a specific, local issue that would affect every gun owner in the state.

It would be good if they tried, and could not get enough VALID signatures.

Why don't we take the initiative ourselves with an initiative to legalize NFA and preemptively prohibit any future bans? Hell, we COULD pass a "Washington Firearms Freedom Act" by initiative, so maybe we should get to work on that too...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top