JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have an opinion based on what I have been reading in the news. Let me repeat, this is just opinion. I bet the next "bubble" will be commodities.

If this is true and due to QE2 then the price of all you use daily is going up till nobody can pay for it. Nothing can save you, not gold or silver nor owning property as prices go out of site.

How does one prepare for that?

jj

Way to go JJ! Short term investments that guard your money's value by keeping up w/inflation, that people can't live without (at least farm and oil).

I don't think it's a bubble that will burst anytime soon though.
So if you have some money, unlike most of us, commodities sound like a good place for it! Once prices/inflation show signs of leveling,... Bail!

I suspect that if it gets full blown that it will be just like the ammo shortage you went through. How long before ammo came back??

jj

I have an opinion based on what I have been reading in the news. Let me repeat, this is just opinion. I bet the next "bubble" will be commodities. jj

I'm sure there will be a commodities "bubble" someday, but in my opinion it will be years from now. It is the "dumb money" (public) that causes bubbles. Dot.com bubble, real estate bubble - always the same - the public jumps in at the end, drives prices to outlandish heights, then the "smart money" bails out and leaves the "dumb money" holding the bag. Always works that way. At this point in time the public has not entered the commodity markets. I follow the mining business closely, and it seems to me the institutions are not even involved to any great extent yet (but getting more involved). I think there is a long way to run in this commodities cycle; but I could be wrong (differing opinions is what "makes" markets).

C'mon guys. Another loose definition of inflation is that the value of "Things" goes up in relation to the dollar.

Another definition could be that it takes more dollars to buy "Things."

The first "Things" to go up going all the way back to the horrendous times in Rome 2,000 years ago are what we today call commodities. Among those "Things" are precious metals, raw materials such as iron and timber, and food items like grains.

In the end, every price goes up because dollars are worth less or worthless, take your pick.

Last week the Fed announced it is creating another 600 billion in dollars to prop up our economy. Those dollars are created out of thin air. One of the reasons, and a scary one that the Fed has to run the presses is that other countries have slowed the buying of our debt as we run huge deficits. Now the Fed is buying.

We are lending ourselves phony money and paying our bills with it.

This can't last, period.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads