JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And of course there is a obligatory response to any questions about it.

We all know the reason is not for "Health Maintenance".

You know this upsets me because it's going to make people who actually might need help be fearful of filling this out if they are g_n owners; for fear that the local gestapo will come to their homes to confiscate their guns simply because they had a bad day or felt sad.

View attachment 1275804

View attachment 1275803
This one has been around for a while. The health department wants the data. Isn't suicide the leading contributer to gun deaths?

Sure if someone is going to do it. They use anything so it's obviously not gun caused.

This one has been around for a while. The health department wants the data. Isn't suicide the leading contributer to gun deaths?

Sure if someone is going to do it. They use anything so it's obviously not gun caused.
It probably has to do with firearms being the most effective common means of suicide, way more so that taking pills or most other means. May also have something to do with how quick and simple suicide by gun is, and the impulsive behavior one sees in suicidal folk. There is very little prep work.

I've been answering idiotic questions with (what I think are) original and humorous answers for years. Form 4473 has some idiotic questions on it as well. Some that have been added in the last 10 or so years are very nearly offensive. I still try to make my answers worthy of a story for the person who reads my answers. ("You'll never guess what I saw written on a form at work today"...)

I've been answering idiotic questions with (what I think are) original and humorous answers for years. Form 4473 has some idiotic questions on it as well. Some that have been added in the last 10 or so years are very nearly offensive. I still try to make my answers worthy of a story for the person who reads my answers. ("You'll never guess what I saw written on a form at work today"...)

That must have been fun. Wanting to yell bubblegum but not being able to.
season 4 eating GIF

Is this a surprise? Medical intakes have been asking this question for years. Since blowing one's brains out constitutes the # 1 cause of gun deaths in America—and a mess up in a gun related suicide attempt up can be very, very, very, very expensive for a health insurance provider, it's not at all surprising that question is asked.

It's on intakes at every pediatrician's office too.

Years ago my Doctor started this crap with me in the exam room and I ignored him.
He questioned me three times and on the third attempt I looked and him and told him it was none of his business. I then told him I'd like to get to the reason I came to see him if not was there another Doctor he could recommend that wouldn't be so nosey about my personal life. We never went there again!

Then, on the other hand; while walking out of my local hospital / clinic, a NURSE complimented me on my choice of shirts. The back says:

"Make our guns illegal, and we'll just call them undocumented"
I've worked in the medical industry for over 20 years. The nurses are the sane ones. Never strike up a conversation with anyone in mental health. Ever.

I don't fill out anything on a form that does not have anything to do with my appointment. Never been questioned about it and if I am, I will ask why the information is needed.

Just 2 days ago I had to see a new dentist for a special procedure. They had pages of stuff to fill out including family history and my work info. The only thing I filled out was my personal information that pertained to the reason I was being seen and payment.

I hope you don't put goofy answers on your 4473. That could cause your ffl to lose his license.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top