JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hollywood: Gunman shouting "Allahu akbar" fires upon random passersby at Sunset and Vine

UPDATE: Pamela Geller was able to capture the KTLA video. The eyewitness saying that the gunman was shouting "Allahu akbar" is at 2:42.

--------------------

The KTLA video report here, which I cannot embed, has an eyewitness at 2:42 saying that the gunman was shouting "Allahu akbar" as he fired.

No other source that I can find so far sees fit to mention that.

"Hollywood shootout: Gunman calmly targeted drivers, pedestrians," from the Los Angeles Times, December 9 (thanks to herr Oyal):

A gunman pointed his weapon at more than a dozen people Friday as he randomly opened fire on drivers and pedestrians in Hollywood before being fatally shot by Los Angeles Police Department officers.
Video shows the gunman calmly pointing his handgun and opening fire on passing cars near Vine Street and Sunset Boulevard near the ArcLight Cinema.

A man driving a Mercedes was shot in the jaw and taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where he was in critical condition. He is expected to survive.

Video: Witness captures dramatic footage of shooting

The scene resembled a fast-moving Hollywood production, said some witnesses, leaving them with the sensation that they'd witnessed something surreal.

"When I heard it, I didn't react to it being real," said Greg Watkins, a student at the nearby Los Angeles Recording School who was walking on the street and had just taken off his headphones to take a call from his girlfriend when the shooting began.

"This is Hollywood, and they do film stuff all the time," he said, standing near the ArcLight Cinemas. "I honestly thought they were filming something."

Serge Durand, who said he was visiting from Atlanta, filmed the attacks from a friend's apartment above the intersection. In the video, a gray car swerves to avoid the shooter as he points what appears to be a weapon at the car.

"Is this the end?" Durand said he heard the shooter exclaim....
No, not by a long shot
Links to vids at www.jihadwatch.org

In any case, it was not mentioned by the Lamestream Media because Islam is exempt from any criticism or suspicion. Only Christians, patriots, and gun owners can be smeared with impunity.

Oh, and Pamela Geller is officially listed as a promulgator of hate by the SPLC. I'm sure that most of us on this board would qualify for that honor too.

Yea with a name like Tyler Berhm he sounds like a terrorist.

Sarcasm? He was a terrorist. I assume you meant to say Islamic terrorist as opposed to drug cartel terrorists or non-affiliated psychopaths. Lots of Americans with European sounding names are siding with crazy xenophobic religious extremists these days. I don't think a name means much, it kinda sounds like Tyler Derdan the fictional anti-capitalist terrorist to me. I'll judge him by his actions and statements.

He was a Hollywood guy, even if he wasn't a convert maybe he yelled "Allahu akbar" because he wanted to be part of the cool crowd and get good press. I hear they took Mumia Abu-Jamal off death row, not because he won an appeal heck he lost every time, but because the Hollywood cool crowd just loved that racist, cold blooded cop murderer so much.

I'm still curious why no one had enough thought process to swerve at the guy pointing a gun at them... I'm thinking if I wasn't armed and a guy was pointing a gun at me while driving the natural way to defend ones self is to steer into the threat - talk about knock down power... probably wouldn't even get a ticket or be sued over it. Now if you returned fire in CA it would most likely result in you needing the services of an attorney.

I'm still curious why no one had enough thought process to swerve at the guy pointing a gun at them... I'm thinking if I wasn't armed and a guy was pointing a gun at me while driving the natural way to defend ones self is to steer into the threat - talk about knock down power... probably wouldn't even get a ticket or be sued over it. Now if you returned fire in CA it would most likely result in you needing the services of an attorney.

You know, the family would file a wrongful death suit against you for running over their "sweet, non-fly hurting" son...

Not only that but accelerate like you're as crazy as the shooter.

Pointing the vehicle at the shooter would not only provide you with a steerable defensive projectile disposing immense kinetic energy, but would place the engine between you and the shooter. The engine offers a lot more protection than the sheet metal or glass. Ref. the Merkava tank.

As the ME becomes even more radicalized these PPL, who listen to the Internet Imam's, will continue live out thier Jihad fantasys. I fear one of our schools will fall victim soon. Note the intentional insertion of Christianity by the shoooter below, motivated by a desire to send a message.
Islamic honor killing in Texas: "Santa" who murdered family on Christmas morning was Muslim who didn't like his daughter dating a non-Muslim
Aziz Yazdanpanah, a Muslim, didn't like his daughter's non-Muslim boyfriend and was exhibiting stalker behavior. "She couldn't date at all until she was a certain age, but when he was going to let her date she couldn't date anyone outside of their race or religion."

Again and again we have seen honor killings in which fathers kill daughters who are dating non-Muslims or have supposedly besmirched the family honor by some sexual indiscretion. Lt. Todd Dearing says that motive isn't important -- which is generally only the case when Islam is involved.

"Neighbors horrified at news of family's slayings in Grapevine," by Gloria Salinas and Scott Goldstein for the Dallas Morning News, December 26 (thanks to Steve):

GRAPEVINE — Aziz Yazdanpanah seemed to be losing control of his life in recent months — his wife left him, his house was in foreclosure, and his 19-year-old daughter was dating a young man he didn't like.
Even so, the 58-year-old former real estate agent from Colleyville seemed to be holding it together. Neighbors say he would smile and wave as he drove through his middle-class neighborhood. Recently, he was seen raking leaves in his yard.

"He was very friendly, a very good neighbor," said Carrie Stewart, who lives across the street. "He was out here often doing yard work and he even watched our house for us when we went to Colorado."

A decent fellow indeed.

Yazdanpanah, a volunteer high school debate coach described as a doting father, is the focus of suspicion a day after a Christmas morning massacre in which a man dressed as Santa Claus killed six relatives and then committed suicide.
Grapevine police arrived at the Lincoln Vineyard Apartment Homes a few minutes before noon and discovered bodies sprawled among opened presents and wrapping paper. The victims were ages 15 to 58....

Citing public records and interviews with friends and neighbors, media reports Monday identified Yazdanpanah and others who had died: his estranged 55-year-old wife, Fatemeh Rahmati, their 19-year-old daughter, Nona Narges Yazdanpanah, and 15-year-old son, Ali Yazdanpanah.

Friends of the family said Fatemeh Rahmati's 58-year-old sister, Zohreh Rahmaty, and her husband, Hossein Zarei, 59, and daughter Sahra Zarei, a 22-year-old pre-med student at the University of Texas at Arlington, also were killed.

Grapevine police Lt. Todd Dearing said investigators were working to piece together a timeline of the murders, but they may never know exactly what set off the gunman.

"Motive is not really the primary point right now," Dearing said. "It's more along the lines of what happened, how it transpired and making sure that who we believe to be the shooter is the shooter. Motive is what comes afterward for us if we can get it."

He said a neighbor at the apartment complex saw the suspected shooter get out of his white sport utility vehicle dressed in a Santa outfit, including a full coat, pants, boots and belt. Based in part on that witness account, police believe the shootings occurred about the time a 911 call rang into the station at 11:34 a.m. Sunday.

The line was silent....

Grapevine police also searched the Colleyville home where Aziz Yazdanpanah had been living since he separated from his wife last spring. Public records show that the couple had filed for bankruptcy in 2010 and that the property was in foreclosure....

Yazdanpanah said he bought a gun after expressing concern that his daughter's boyfriend was stalking him. He also insisted on picking up his daughter from her job at a phone kiosk inside Sam's Club in Grapevine because of concerns about the alleged stalker.

The boyfriend has not been publicly identified.

Neighbors said the family was Muslim but had always hung Christmas lights on their home — except this year.

Terri Baum, who lives three homes down from Yazdanpanah, said she had seen him around the neighborhood in the last couple of weeks.

"They were pretty quiet, but kind, very kind," Baum said. "They were sweet, good parents, and they loved their kids very much."

Baum's daughter, Allison, attended Colleyville Heritage High School with Nona, where the girls were part of an academic team focused on developing business leaders. They graduated together in May.

"Allison would take her to school from here, and then when they moved out she would pick her up from the apartments," Baum said. "It's unbelievable because of the people we knew them to be, and their children were good kids, very focused."

Baum said she was horrified at the possibility the killings had been a murder-suicide.

"All I want to say is, it is so unbelievably shocking because they loved their kids," Baum said.

Yes, loved them to death.

But a more ominous portrait emerged of Yazdanpanah in interviews with some of his daughter's other classmates.
"She would come to school crying and telling us her dad was crazy," said Lacie Reed, 18. "He wouldn't let her wear certain things. He was always taking her phone away, checking her call history and checking her text messages."

Friends said Nona's father had installed cameras all around the home so he could watch the family's comings and goings. Others said he nailed her bedroom window shut so she could not sneak out at night and see her boyfriend.

"She couldn't date at all until she was a certain age, but when he was going to let her date she couldn't date anyone outside of their race or religion," Reed said.

Yiselle Alvarenga, 18, said Nona's mother and brother seemed to come to her aid when her father punished her.

"He would take her phone away and her mother would give it back to her and her brother would let her use his phone," Alvarenga said. "She was doing good. She was just excited that her life was going to start and she was going to have control of it."...

Alabama: Misunderstander of Islam tries to draw attention to Islam by shooting at cops
Ibarra-Hernandez did not, however, succeed in gaining the space that is guaranteed in Paradise for those who "kill and are killed" for Allah (Qur'an 9:111).

The funny thing about this story is that he was trying to draw attention to Islam by shooting at policemen, but he failed. He won't draw any attention to Islam at all from the people who should be noting such incidents and devising strategies to prevent them. He succeeded in drawing attention to himself, but as he is prosecuted, the motive he stated for his actions will almost certainly be ignored and downplayed, and even if it isn't, its implications will not be explored.
"Man in custody after shootout with police in Alabama City," by Lisa Rogers for the Gadsden Times, January 9 (thanks to D. C. Watson):

A man thought to be an Islamic extremist is believed to have shot the windows out of at least two businesses in Alabama City early Sunday to lure police officers to the area and engage them in a shootout.
Luis Ibarra-Hernandez, 21, from Albertville, was charged today with attempted murder, according to a news release from the Gadsden Police Department.

"After the man was taken into custody, he reported that he knew he must do something extreme to draw attention to Islam and himself, so he planned to shoot police officers," Gadsden Police Capt. Regina May said.

Gadsden police officers responded to alarm calls for glass breakage after doors were shot out about 1:30 a.m. Sunday at AutoZone and Rainbow Food Mart near the intersection of 27th Street and West Meighan Boulevard.

While investigating the broken doors and determining they were shot out, officers heard gunfire and spotted a man near the old CVS building.

The man knew he had been seen and ran toward the Cathedral of Praise Church parking lot, then started firing rounds at the officers.

The man continued to run through several blocks and at one point was in the Dwight Baptist Church parking lot. Shots were fired over about six blocks, and at least eight officers were shot at, before officers talked the man into dropping his weapon.

May said Officer Mitchell James, a trained crisis negotiator, was working off-duty security at another job at the time and heard the radio traffic. He went to the scene and using his patrol car as cover, moved in close enough to take over negotiations started by another officer.

During the fray, the man told officers he wanted to talk about religion and he apparently had displayed some signs at a nearby church.

He was taken into custody between 3 a.m. and 3:30 a.m. after officers pinned him down behind some trees near 30th Street and Western Avenue. No injuries were reported.

"Gadsden officers showed tremendous discipline by avoiding crossfires, and considering backdrops," Gadsden Police Sgt. Tom Bradley said

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top