JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pay a $200 stamp and wait a year for a plastic/glass suppressor of unknown durability? Not unless they have a great warranty backed up by a well-capitalized company.

Their use of a $200 REED R8060 Sound Level Meter tells you everything you need to know. It's 500ms response time in digital model is 25 times greater than what you need to measure gun shots. The meter is pretty well missing all of the peak pressure wave.

Last Edited:
So it's design projects the muzzle blast noise towards the enemy (like a linear compensator), which means no tactical advantage of hiding your position as with a normal suppressor, plus it's still not really hearing safe for the operator and crew. Naw, I think I'll pass on this plastic novelty.

$800 for a plastic barrel device is steep. An that's before the stamp. I like innovation, I do not like being an unpaid beta tester

$800 for a plastic barrel device is steep. An that's before the stamp. I like innovation, I do not like being an unpaid beta tester
Pretty sure it's not plastic. Any material can be printed. I've handled some titanium 3D printed cans. They were cool!

Plastic is ok on a 22LR for a while.

Seems like the current hipster, overly trendy types based on the music and pictures. Probably the same people with man buns, zero fat diets and stores that sell excessive beard cream for $75.

We shall see. Between polymers (especially reinforced polymers), carbon fiber/et. al., and 3D printing, I anticipate we will see more progress in suppressors and guns regarding materials and manufacturing techniques.

Remember when people were saying Glocks would melt if you left them in the sun? Some people still say they will crack under stress due to UV exposure. Personally I don't like the balance of most polymer frame handguns (they feel top heavy to me, and the recoil impulse seems weird - but that is a personal preference), but having owned and shot a number of them, I know they are durable - at least for my uses.

It would be nice to have lighter less expensive suppressors. If the Safe Hearing act had been enacted then we would probably see a lot more innovation at less cost.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top