JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
ATI's site states that if they loose the lawsuit then they wont be able to sell these to us anymore. They are still going to produce and imports these until the case is settled is what it sounds like.

Maybe I spoke to soon and don't no what I am talking about so if that is the case I am sorry and I will make sure I know what I'm talking about before I post to something like this again.

http://www.americantactical.us/
That is an old update.
Here is what I got from ATI:

October 12, 2009

Re: Heckler and Koch, Inc. vs. German Sport Guns GmbH, American Tactical Imports, Inc. Civil Action No. 1 : 09-cv-00039-WTL-JMS (S.D. Indiana)

For immediate release,

We are very pleased to report that the litigation filed by Heckler & Koch, Inc. against German Sport Guns GmbH and its U.S. distributor, American Tactical Imports, Inc., together with all counterclaims, has been settled.

The terms of the settlement are confidential to the parties and cannot be disclosed. A dismissal of the above-referenced litigation, and all of the party’s claims against each other, is expected to be filed in the near future.

Attorneys for H&K will be issuing a statement. The attorneys for ATI have already issued a statement announcing the settlement.

Production and importation of the original design GSG-5 ceased as of Oct, 8, 2009 with the signing of the agreement. The remaining inventory now in the USA can be sold by ATI, all distributors and dealers. ATI currently has GSG-5’s in stock.

All sales of the GSG-5 by ATI must conclude by January 31, 2010. ATI will continue to service every firearm that it imports into the USA.

Thank you for your support.
Anthony DiChario
President C.E.O.
American Tactical Imports, Inc.

Looks like this makes the choice of a GSG-5 or a M&P AR-22 much easier!

Very disappointing to see HK pursue this. I can't see anyway it hurts them. In fact, it probably helps them! MP5's are old news (yes, still very popular and used often) many new to shooting/guns are learning about HK because of the GSG-5. To me it sounds like they are loosing out on a lot of free press. Oh well!

Looks like this makes the choice of a GSG-5 or a M&P AR-22 much easier!

Very disappointing to see HK pursue this. I can't see anyway it hurts them. In fact, it probably helps them! MP5's are old news (yes, still very popular and used often) many new to shooting/guns are learning about HK because of the GSG-5. To me it sounds like they are loosing out on a lot of free press. Oh well!

I would be willing to bet money that this suit had less to do with patent infringement than it did with eroding their brand image. I learned working at Intel how important protecting a brand image is. H&K probably did not want to take the chance of a cheap clone of one of their products eroding their brand image. Whether you agree that it does or not, I'd bet that was why they filed suit.

I would be willing to bet money that this suit had less to do with patent infringement than it did with eroding their brand image. I learned working at Intel how important protecting a brand image is. H&K probably did not want to take the chance of a cheap clone of one of their products eroding their brand image. Whether you agree that it does or not, I'd bet that was why they filed suit.

Possibly, as well having seen the massive success of the GSG, they would like a chunk of that revenue for themselves....expect to see an officially licensed, ( dear god, please not Umarex), HK logo'd version soon.......

Possibly, as well having seen the massive success of the GSG, they would like a chunk of that revenue for themselves....expect to see an officially licensed, ( dear god, please not Umarex), HK logo'd version soon.......

Also quite possible.

I found this on their FAQ page. Sorry if its old news.

"#2. I heard you no longer sell GSG-5 firearms, and that you were sued by H&K, is this true?

In 2009, GSG and ATI were sued by H&K for trade dress claims H&K made to the MP-5 look of the GSG-5 .22LR firearms. All matters of this lawsuit were settled in the fall of 2009 with H&K agreeing to drop the claims if GSG made a few cosmetic changes to the original GSG-5 and discontinued the original "exact" clone so that it no longer looked like an H&K brand gun. H&K made this settlement to prevent their only remaining claim from going to court. GSG and ATI consider this agreement to be a resounding victory for the two companies and for smaller firearm business all over the country. The newly configured GSG .22LR firearms have been rebranded as the GSG-522 series, and are still available for sale all over the United States"

Which is great news, I love my GSG-5SD. Anyone know where I can pickup the GSG-5PK (Or whatever its called now) in Oregon?

Hehe, history is kind of fun to look back at. And as was predicted in this thread, H&K did give their blessing to a licensed .22lr MP-5 look alike with the H&K MP-5 name on it. On the plus side, it is of higher quality than the GSG.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top