JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I sold my Kahr PM9 the other day and picked up a PM40 to replace it. I switched back to carrying my Rohrbaugh for a couple days but was itching to carry my new PM40. I could not bring myself to carry a gun I had not range tested first so I had to wait.

I finally slipped away for an hour the other day to test it out. When I got to the range I learned my membership had expired so I had to pay $50 to renew it Then I had to buy their ammo and since i wanted to test it with my carry ammo brand I had to pay $25 for a 20 count of Hornady 155gr rounds. Then I had to pay the $20 lane fee and $5 for targets.

I only had a very short time to shoot so I just ran the box of 20 through it as quickly as possible. The gun did amazingly well but after all was said and done it cost me $5 per squeeze of the trigger. :(

Wow!! I'm lucky I can shoot on my own property. We also have a free county owned public range here in the valley. It's outdoor, but it has benches with a roof over them. :s0155:

Further reasoning why I live in Bend and not Portland. It costs me $5 in gas to get out into the woods (and about 10 minutes). I enjoy shooting at indoor ranges during the winter, but not when I remember what I had to pay to shoot when I lived in Denver...

Got to the range for a BDMP-style 60 shot comp with 65 hand-loaded rounds of .308Win Match - 42.5gr Vihtavuori N150 behind 167gr JLK bench-rest VLD bullets - and then it happened.

Guy talking to another guy goes butt over apex on top of MY DAMN rifle!

Cussing the carelessness of the guy, who was really upset by it, especially as I told him that HE was going to pay up anything to make sure my gun/scope was OK [Nightforce NSX 8-32x56 with all the add-on doo-dads], we went to Fultons Gunsmith to see that all was still tight.

All was OK, but the store clerk recommended that I shoot it in on the zeroing range, just to make sure.

Good plan, I said, gimme the smallest amount of the nearest thing you have to my load.

THAT was a box of 20 rounds of Lapua 167gr Match ammunition.

THAT cost me £40.95 - five years ago - ~$90.00...

The guy was waiting outside, with the money.

I beat him substantially in the shoot. :=)

tac

Johnson Creek Gun Club is excellent, only $10/mo. after the $35 initiation fee and you can shoot your own ammo. Great hours also, 8am-8pm, but you can shoot till 10pm if you're in by close.

I finally slipped away for an hour the other day to test it out. When I got to the range I learned my membership had expired so I had to pay $50 to renew it Then I had to buy their ammo and since i wanted to test it with my carry ammo brand I had to pay $25 for a 20 count of Hornady 155gr rounds. Then I had to pay the $20 lane fee and $5 for targets.

Must be The Place To Shoot. I hate that place. Worst range I've ever been to.

Dingy lanes. Baffles that seem to be setup to amplify sound. Ridiculously high prices.

Very limited selection of ammo. I'm surprised they had your carry ammo - typically they have only one or two brands of Mag-Tech or PMC for any given caliber, and it's sometimes not even a typical load (132gr .38? Gee thanks).

Their web site: "Customers who show up at the range with ammo from GI Joe's or Fisherman's are always disappointed when they see that our ammo is cheaper and of better quality." LOL! Their stuff is always significantly more expensive and of lower quality than what I can buy at a typical gun store, much less at Bi-Mart or online.

And...they keep the brass and sell it bagged in their shop! That crosses the line between simply high prices and outright ripoff. Take the already absurd prices for their ammo and add 30% or so. Go in to the shop and see the brass that you paid for...

I understand about making a profit, but that place is ridiculous. See my review in the review section here.

Join Tri-County, Johnson Creek, Douglas Ridge, etc.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top